PocketCAS Mathematics Toolkit
Developer: Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
Current Version: 3.9.1
Last Updated: 26 days ago
Download Size: 14.2 MB - Download
PocketCAS is a very advanced mathematics application for your Mac. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots!
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Mathematical keyboard: Allows you to quickly select the functions you need.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (http://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (http://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
PocketCAS is also available on iOS. Please visit http://pocketcas.com/ios for more information.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
Version 3.9.1 fixes a rare crash (mostly happening on macOS) when manipulating plots introduced in version 3.9.
This update switches PocketCAS to a different C++ library. This should have very little impact on you, except for improved performance in some cases :-)
However, in case you notice anything weird, please let us know via the app's support form.
In addition, this version contains:
Improvement: Added a "Safe Mode" that doesn't load results and variables in documents, to avoid crashes. On iOS, this mode automatically activates when the app crashes during launch.
Bugfix: Fixed a crash on iPhone when trying to open the graph settings for a second time.
In case you left a review before, please consider updating (or reposting) it according to how the new version works for you. App Store reviews are very important to us.
Most Helpful Reviews
Tired of the long load times for Maple? Then use PocketCAS for Mac! - I have been using PocketCAS on my iPad 4 for some time now. I am very happy with it. I was very excited to find that PocketCAS is now available for the Mac - and it works!. All of my interactions with the author while using PocketCAS for the iPad has been very exceptional, and now v3.4.4 has removed all the bugs that I have found. Most of what I thought were bugs were simply user error, and the feedback I get from the author is extremely helpful and usually within 24 hours of when I submit a support request. This is an amazing app! The interface for the Mac version is the closest thing to intuitive that I have found in any app, and has come very close to my no longer needing Maple.
More Reviews for Current Version
Scripts for maximum extensibility - This has allowed me to derive and test solutions for computer algorithms. The greatest thing about this program is scripting. If a function doesn’t exist, you can create it using an already large set of functions. Such a great tool for price. I would like a full reference manual. It has so many functions, most are described in examples and manual. I seem to keep finding built in syntax that I cannot find out how to use.
Fantastic! - I have used mathematical modeling throughout my career to forecast manufacturing throughput. This application is so much more versatile to the developing of models than a spreadsheet, because it allows you to compare different components if the model in the same graph and make hypothetical changes without data by simply using math.
pocket calculator rating - Excellent program. Just as good — even better than an expensive graphing calculator. Does everything I need to do. Well worth the money. Much better than a handheld graphing calculator.
Excellent - Very nice program. Adds so much capability to my iPod.
pocket calculator rating - Excellent program. Just as good — even better than an expensive graphing calculator. Does everything I need to do. Well worth the money. Much better than a handheld graphing calculator