PocketCAS Mathematics Toolkit
Developer: Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
Current Version: 3.10.2
Last Updated: 10 days ago
Download Size: 14.6 MB - Download
PocketCAS is a very advanced mathematics application for your Mac. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots!
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Mathematical keyboard: Allows you to quickly select the functions you need.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (http://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (http://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
PocketCAS is also available on iOS. Please visit http://pocketcas.com/ios for more information.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
The bad news: The previous version of PocketCAS had a few crashing bugs.
The good news: Our new crash-reporting system helped us find them more easily.
The better news: This update fixes them!
New Feature (iOS 11): Drag-and-drop support! You can now:
- Use drag-and-drop on the sides of entries to re-order them.
- Drop text onto PocketCAS' entry list to create a new entry with that text.
- Drag-and-drop a formula inside PocketCAS to create a new entry with the formula's text.
- Drop an image onto a 'Calculation' entry to attach it to the calculation as an image annotation.
- Drag plots outside PocketCAS to export them in transparent PNG or PDF format. (The exported type can be configured in the application settings, but also depends on the receiving application.)
- Drag formulas outside PocketCAS to export them in transparent PNG, PDF, or text format. (The exported type can be configured in the application settings, but also depends on the receiving application.)
New Feature (iOS 11): File management! PocketCAS uses iOS 11's new document picker. This lets you create subfolders, save documents anywhere you like, tag them, browse them in the Files app, and more. The file browser will even show thumbnail previews of the first entry for documents that have been edited with PocketCAS 3.10 before.
New Feature (iPhone X): PocketCAS will fully support the iPhone X's display from day one.
Improvement: PocketCAS should now remember your last-opened document more reliably.
Improvement: Increased the default accuracy for 2D graphs.
Improvement: Slightly improved the quality of 3D graphs, especially when exporting them on macOS.
Improvement: PocketCAS will now display variables in the entry editor in italics as soon as you declare them with ':=', even before you actually execute the calculation that sets them.
Improvement (Mac): Added a hotkey to search the function list in the entry editor.
Bugfix: Fixed a few bugs in the computation kernel (CAS).
Bugfix (Mac): Fixed crashes under OS X Mavericks.
You might be wondering why there's no entry "Added support for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro's display" in here. Well, that display was supported by PocketCAS right out of the box!
In case you left a review before, please consider updating (or reposting) it according to how the new version works for you. App Store reviews are very important to us.
Most Helpful Reviews
Tired of the long load times for Maple? Then use PocketCAS for Mac! - I have been using PocketCAS on my iPad 4 for some time now. I am very happy with it. I was very excited to find that PocketCAS is now available for the Mac - and it works!. All of my interactions with the author while using PocketCAS for the iPad has been very exceptional, and now v3.4.4 has removed all the bugs that I have found. Most of what I thought were bugs were simply user error, and the feedback I get from the author is extremely helpful and usually within 24 hours of when I submit a support request. This is an amazing app! The interface for the Mac version is the closest thing to intuitive that I have found in any app, and has come very close to my no longer needing Maple.