Developer: Bitfield AB
Current Version: 2.2.4
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 16.1 MB - Download
Playr - Video playback simplified
Playr was made solely to focus on your video viewing experience. It's not crammed with extra features for organizing files or to make playlists and such. You don't need to install any extras or plug-ins to view your favorite movies, it just works. Playr has been carefully developed using the latest available technologies with a meticulous attention to details. It's user interface is clean, stylish and simple to use. Hope you'll enjoy it!
- Play almost any video file without the need for extra system extensions or plug-ins.
- Doesn't depend on QuickTime for playback.
- Automatically loads and displays embedded subtitles or subtitles from external files.
- Smart built-in subtitle search engine... find your movie or tv show subtitles in a breeze.
- Supports all the major subtitle formats.
- Supports styling tags in subtitle files like italic, bold and underlined.
- Fully customizable subtitle display (font, size, color, shadows, etc).
- Retina resolution subtitles.
- Convenient metadata inspector that automatically pulls info from the net... with links to IMDb.
- Detailed movie inspector for all those nitty gritty details.
- Color controls.
- Fullscreen player built-in (of course).
- Touch Bar support.
- 64-bit native.
NOTE! Playr can't play movies purchased in the iTunes store due to Apple DRM protection.
Please report any problems/bugs to [email protected] or use the built-in feedback feature and I will get back to you.
- Fixed a Touch Bar bug affecting users on system versions before 10.12.1.
Most Helpful Reviews
It simply works - I just want to watch the (&^%E$%^& movie! I don’t want to “edit” it, “enhance it” or f*** with it in any way. I JUST WANT TO WATCH IT!!! The computer is not my life. I just want to watch what is, perhaps, an “old" movie. You would think Mac’s new super duper El Capitan, with the latest QuickTime, could do that, wouldn’t you? Well, it can’t. And you can spend hours searching through Mac (non)help to find a solution for “legacy” QUICKTIME movies and come up with nothing. Don’t get me wrong, I like Mac, and I own three, but Mac has always been long on hype and short on service. Nothing’s changed. This app does just what I want simply, cleanly, intuitively. It plays most any movie on my new MacBook Pro. Imagine that.
terriblle waist of money - didnt work, all i can say