Developer: LDW Software, LLC
Current Version: 1.0.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 28.9 MB - Download
Plant Tycoon is a gardening simulation game where you nurture plants and experiment with increasingly rare and valuable species. Breed and cross breed plants until you find the 6 Magic Plants of Isola and solve the genetic puzzle.
· True Real-Time Game: new surprises every time you turn the game on.
· Over 500 different species of plants to discover.
· A wide variety of collectible insects to retrieve.
· Dozens of different kinds of seeds to experiment with.
· Prune your plants to remove dead foliage and customize the look of your creations.
· Genetic Puzzle: discover which combinations will create the Magic Plants.
· Simulation Game: virtual plants in a persistent world.
· Gorgeous artwork with detailed, dynamically-generated plants.
Fixes issue with running full screen in Lion.
Most Helpful Reviews
Addicting! - Love this game! It's a little slow to start out so if you like action right away this probably isn't for you. I also have the color problems on full screen that the first review mentioned but that's not a big deal for me. Great game!
Software Crashes on OS X 10.8.4 all the time. - Needs to be fixed! Also full screen option doesn't work, and you can't escape once selected.
More Reviews for Current Version
It is a very slow moving game - It can take hours to grow one set of plants even at top speed. It will take lots of time to build up the money needed to upgrade the items to improve game play. I wish it were slightly easier. I'm also having trouble with it crashing and losing 10 minutes of work. Since the game could be interesting once I build enough money, I'll keep trying.
Color Issues in Snow Leopard - I like the game itself and I’m running it on my iMAC with Snow Leopard (Ver. 10.6.8). I’m frustrated because . . . 1.) The colors are correct only in the window mode (non-full screen mode). In full screen mode the plant/bug colors are NOT correct (at least in my version of snow leopard). 2.) The window mode (non-full screen mode) is too small to see all the details. The small screen makes it a challenge trying to prune a plant’s leaves (it’s challenging enough to prune in full screen mode). I hope this can get fixed easily and quickly.
A Little Slow - The game is a little slow, and mine keeps crashing every so often. It's not bad, but I wish I hadn't of spent the money on it.