Developer: Vitaly Pronkin
Current Version: 1.20
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 9.6 MB - Download
Planito is your browser for planet Earth (and others). It is lightweight yet powerful and highly extensible online and offline multi-layered viewer for aerial imagery, maps, placemarks and other geospatial data layers for Earth, Moon and other planets.
In its simplest form Planito can be used as online and offline viewer for maps from OpenStreetMap project and satellite images. But there are many more layers available with interesting and useful data for travelers, students and teachers, scientists. Here are only some of them: Wikimapia.org objects, Wikipedia articles, Booking.com hotels, current temperature from weather stations all over the world, Panoramio and Flickr photos and videos, US Topo Maps, earthquakes, volcanoes and impact craters, UNESCO World Heritage sites, and entire US National Atlas.
Please visit http://planitoapp.com for full details.
Planito loads and visualizes data from various data sources. All data copyright respective owners. Some data sources may be inaccessible from time to time through no fault of the application authors.
* New modern UI
* World now wraps horizontally
* Two types of grids: coordinate-based and distance-based
* Better detection and rendering of selected feature (under mouse pointer)
* Overall progress of all Tile Downloader operations now is shown in dock icon
* In layers panel number of currently active layers is shown for each active layer set
* New search field, support for multiple search services (use search field menu to switch services)
* Info about selected feature will now open on left click too
* Chinese (Simplified) localization
* Option to copy links to locations with http:// protocol prefix instead of planito:// so that they will be recognized as links on forums, etc.
* Support for loading data in JSON format
* Ability to select and show info about features with 3D mouse
* Option to show marker/accuracy circle for current user location and center on current location (Alt+click location button)
* List of web mapping services to open selected location in is now loaded from datasource configuration
* Support for loading compressed datasource configuration
Under the hood
* Many optimizations and bug fixes
* Number of displayed placemarks/polygons/strings is not limited anymore (was 20000 limit), large number of placemarks now renders faster
* Better support for links from various services in Paste & Go feature
* Fixed minor problems with 3D mouse
Most Helpful Reviews
Does not download/install - Bought app and when it began to install it showed progress until the end when the progress bar reached the end the icon dissapeared and no sign of the app on my system. Need help!