Placeholder Image Maker
Developer: DrewCrawfordApps LLC
Current Version: 1.0
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 121.4 KB - Download
Placeholder Image Maker is the easiest way for developers to create placeholder artwork for web, iOS and Mac apps in seconds.
* Live previews for instant feedback
* Set artwork text, text color, background color, and image size
* Colors can be set with web hex (#FFFFFF), a system-wide color dropper, a color wheel, your OS X palette, and many other convenient methods
* Drag-n-drop export to Finder, your desktop, Photoshop, Mail, and many other applications
* Placeholder artwork always stamped with pixel dimensions for clear communication about artwork sizes
More Reviews for Current Version
Useful in tight situation - I hate sitting around waiting for the guy who sends me the artwork to get on his game. This really helps in a pinch!
Great for Comps - I think this will work good for doing mock ups for websites or print projects. How about some contact info for support or feedback/suggestions though? If there is a way to contact I couldn't find it. Feature request: Have option to have it name pic by the size you set when dragging off.
Very Good Start! - Love the concept. Nice touch: Colors, optional label creation adds dimension in lower left. Pleasant Surprise: resizing the application window changes the Image width and height so you don't have to type in values. Needs work: dragging images to save create a file called "placeholder.png"—but, dragging subsequent files just overwrites the same file because there is no sequential or size based file naming. Would be great if the file name included the image dimensions to avoid overwriting such as "placeholder-100x576px.png" or "custom-text-100x576px.png". This would make dragging to save much more useful. Bad: Developer's support website has no contact link or form to ask for support or make suggestions.