Developer: Pixelmator Team
Current Version: 1.0.3
Last Updated: 8 days ago
Download Size: 95.8 MB - Download
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
• The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Nondestructively customize the look of layers in your image using layer styles
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, lighten or darken precise areas, and more using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Pick out and edit precise parts of your images or copy objects from one image to another using a range of pixel-accurate selection tools
• Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Intelligently straighten images using horizon detection
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, JPG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Import HEIF images
• Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
• Share your images to the Photos app, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS High Sierra. Simply put, it's the ultimate Mac app. With a design that is totally and completely Mac, Pixelmator Pro feels instantly familiar from the moment you first launch the app.
Minimum System Requirements
Pixelmator Pro requires a Mac compatible with Metal 2 running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
• Fixed an issue that prevented using units other than pixels when changing canvas size.
• Pressing the Command-A keyboard shortcut will now select text in text fields and dialogs if they are active, instead of the entire canvas.
• Pixelmator Pro would sometimes quit unexpectedly when removing a layer while editing effects applied to it. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue that caused Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly when selecting brush presets.
• If the stroke layer style failed to appear when selected, Pixelmator Pro would sometimes quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Using the Color Fill tool on an empty layer with preserve transparency enabled would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Fixed several related issues that would cause Pixelmator Pro to stop responding while painting.
• Fixed several issues that would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly while opening PSD files.
• Improved the overall stability of the Arrange tool.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very, very nice! - I’ve had limited time with the app but overall I am both impressed and disappointed. I have been awaiting this release for some time now and am pretty happy overall but I am very disappointed that there is no touchbar support. What gives? I thought this app was “all Mac”. You’d think that they would have integration for the touchbar. Pixelmator team, if you're reading this I really hope to get a response stating that this functionality is coming very soon! Also, while I havent had any issues with crashing, etc. I have read of others that are. But kudos to the developer for relasing an update on launch day. Great job guys, just tell me where my touch bar support is!
Don’t Bother With These Folks! Nonexistant Support and Very Buggy App - Resource hog, with system memory use at 95%. Watching the batter level drain quickly, and laptop drain quickly. Took 5” to finally open a color image. Hung when trying to do a simple healing brush repair. It does have some nice features like simply brushing on effects, but this app only works on my 32gb memory 2014 iMac. I never was impressed with the standard pixelmator due to the strange UI. Much better to have tools all in a container as now, than previously. I don’t think that I will be using this app much, at least not unless they fix the memory hog issues. I thought it worth a try, even though it was at a significant cost. Going back to Affinity Photo which runs much better on my laptop. I was a PhotoShop user and just recently let my subscription run out, so have been going through Affinity tutorials. The app is not ready for primetime yet! Hopefully it can be fixed over the coming months! If you are going to try this on a MacBook Pro, DON’T! If you have a 32gb iMac, then go ahead and try. Wait until they work the bugs out of this buggy program! Oh…and to the Developers—tried to register for support, but your “write the name of our image editing app backwards” is the most ludicrous exercise in futility I have ever experienced. Tried multiple different options of "Pixelmator Pro”, all without success! I would ask for a refund, but there appears to be no way of doing so!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Can’t import brushes - As of 1.0.3 you still cannot import brushes from pixelmator or photoshop. This is pretty much a show-stopper for my current project. I guess I’ll stick with pixelmator until this gets worked out. It does look like the dev team is working hard on this though. I still have high hopes for a great product.
It's so dark! - There seems to be a lot to use. I'm trying to transition away from Photoshop, so feature parity is definitely a good thing. The biggest issue I have is that everything is so DARK. Grey widgets on a Dark Grey background make things so hard to see. Even if you set macOS's Accessibility option of "Increase Contrast", the program ignores system settings and still uses poor contrast.
Missing effects and features from Pixelmator Classic - I’ve used Pixelmator Classic extensively in my personal and professional work, and I had been waiting for Pixelmator Pro since the very first teaser screenshot, so I purchased it the moment I knew it was available. The first thing I tried in Pro was to recreate, from scratch, some of the scenes I had made in Classic. Although I’ve used Pro for less than a day, here are my impressions so far: • First off, the single-window UI is a major leap forward, and fits in with current Mac paradigms much better than Classic. • Pro is missing many preset Styles, Gradients and Effects that Classic has. There seems to be no way to import them either, so I had to create a document in Classic with a bunch of layers each with a different style and gradient, loaded that document in Pro, clicked on each layer, and clicked on +Add for every style and gradient. Very cumbersome! • Speaking of selection, if the Colors Adjustments or Effects tool is active, you can’t just click-to-select in the canvas (like you can with the Type tool); you have to click on a layer in the sidebar list. Again, cumbersome. • The Layers sidebar should have a user-specifiable default instead of being hidden on new documents. This seems very odd since the Rulers and Grid settings are remembered across new documents. • We have document templates for app icon sizes but not for iOS device dimensions. Why? • There should be an option for colorful toolbar icons. It’s hard to tell them apart in monochrome! Guys, “pro” does not have to mean “dull and boring.” I know that this app will only improve over time; the Pixelmator developers are pretty awesome for all the free updates they provided for Classic. As it stands now, even though I will try to spend as much time in Pro as possible and give it an honest chance for new work, I will have to go back into Classic for some tasks and effects. SO, I must give it 3 out of 5 stars, but it would easily get 5/5 by fixing some of the nags above. Either way, thanks for the hard work you guys put in so far. Go have a well deserved vacation over the holidays. :) * I refer to the non-“Pro” version of Pixelmator as “Classic” in this review. Edited for typos.
Very good, but crash very easy as well - Excelente toll, I use all the time. Easy to use, very fast to manage the colors. BUT, even after the last update, for 1.0.3, if I open my photos (always RAW), and hit C to crop, it crashes immediately. I use an iMac 2017 i7 with 40gb of RAM. Suggestion, to have a button to send the photo from the Apple Photo, Editor painel view, an extention or plugin, I don't know how you call.
1.0.3 Launches & Opens Image OK on a late 2013 Mac Pro. - I haven’t done anything very demanding, but 1.0.3 seems stable on my trashcan Mac Pro with D700 cards,