Developer: Pixelmator Team
Current Version: 1.0.8
Last Updated: 17 days ago
Download Size: 94 MB - Download
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
• The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Nondestructively customize the look of layers in your image using layer styles
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, lighten or darken precise areas, and more using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Pick out and edit precise parts of your images or copy objects from one image to another using a range of pixel-accurate selection tools
• Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Intelligently straighten images using horizon detection
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, JPG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Import HEIF images
• Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
• Share your images to the Photos app, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS High Sierra. Simply put, it's the ultimate Mac app. With a design that is totally and completely Mac, Pixelmator Pro feels instantly familiar from the moment you first launch the app.
Minimum System Requirements
Pixelmator Pro requires a Mac compatible with Metal 2 running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Pixelmator Pro 1.0.8 features a number of under-the-hood fixes that improve performance and stability.
Here are the changes we added in Pixelmator Pro 1.0.7:
• The inner workings of the selection tools have been redesigned, solving lots of issues that would make Pixelmator Pro stop responding.
• The Color Adjustments have been improved to work faster.
• You can now import color adjustment, effect, layer style, and text presets by dragging and dropping them onto the Pixelmator Pro icon in the Dock.
• EXIF data would be lost after saving to the Pixelmator Pro file format, then closing and reopening the image. Fixed.
• The White Balance color picker can now easily balance colors in extremely over- and under-exposed images.
• Image sizes in inches were displayed incorrectly in the Image Size dialog. Fixed.
• Reopening a Pixelmator Pro document would reset its PPI to 150. PPI will now be saved correctly with your Pixelmator Pro documents.
• The line height of text layers in imported PSD documents will now be preserved correctly.
• Number grouping separators will now be ignored in all number fields instead of resetting values.
• If the Pixelmator Pro tools were hidden, the brush settings shortcut menu for any brush-based tools would not appear when Control-clicking the canvas. Fixed.
• The Colors histogram would be shown with colors even if an image was fully desaturated using the Hue & Saturation adjustment. Fixed.
• Shapes would occasionally be drawn with no fills or strokes even if those styles were applied. Fixed.
• A whole bunch of fixes for a number of different issues that would make Pixelmator Pro quit unexpectedly. Everything should now be much more stable.
Think you've found a bug? Please let us know by dropping an email to [email protected] and we'll fix it.
Most Helpful Reviews
One thing missing…. - The last version of Photoshop I used was CS4. Quit it when Adobe went to their subscription model. I’ve made do with Apple Photos. Tried Affinity Photo and it was ok. Had decided that I would probably settle on Luminar for what I need to do which, as you’ll see, is somewhat specialized. I was a CorelDraw user before I came over from the Dark Side and got an iMac I used it for graphic design and image handling. Doing layouts with images and text was a snap. I’ve never been able to find anything in the Apple app world to replace it until now. I’m an artist and I need something that will handle not only photographic image adjustments, but also images of paintings and drawings, which can be quite difficult to photograph and adjust accurately. I also need to be able to combine photos, art and text into single pieces for promotional and other work and finally, with Pixelmator Pro, I once again have found something that will do everything CorelDraw did and much more. I read through every feature section on the website, sat down, ran through every icon in the side bar, playing with different settings, brushes, etc. Piece of cake. Very intuitive for me. Looking forward to using is as a “painting media” also. The previous version of Pixelmator had just enough function to drive me crazy trying to get it to do what I want. No more. The Pro version rocks. Just one request…please make it an extension of Photos asap.
Don’t Bother With These Folks! Nonexistant Support and Very Buggy App - Resource hog, with system memory use at 95%. Watching the batter level drain quickly, and laptop drain quickly. Took 5” to finally open a color image. Hung when trying to do a simple healing brush repair. It does have some nice features like simply brushing on effects, but this app only works on my 32gb memory 2014 iMac. I never was impressed with the standard pixelmator due to the strange UI. Much better to have tools all in a container as now, than previously. I don’t think that I will be using this app much, at least not unless they fix the memory hog issues. I thought it worth a try, even though it was at a significant cost. Going back to Affinity Photo which runs much better on my laptop. I was a PhotoShop user and just recently let my subscription run out, so have been going through Affinity tutorials. The app is not ready for primetime yet! Hopefully it can be fixed over the coming months! If you are going to try this on a MacBook Pro, DON’T! If you have a 32gb iMac, then go ahead and try. Wait until they work the bugs out of this buggy program! Oh…and to the Developers—tried to register for support, but your “write the name of our image editing app backwards” is the most ludicrous exercise in futility I have ever experienced. Tried multiple different options of "Pixelmator Pro”, all without success! I would ask for a refund, but there appears to be no way of doing so!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Not a Pro Experience - I’ve been using the original Pixelmator since close to its initial release. It’s been a fanstic program that has almost always met my Photoshop-style needs when I’m away from the office and away from my Adobe licenses. However, Pixelmator Pro has been a complete letdown. I’ve been trying to use Pro since launch, but have hit serious snags at every turn. CMYK? Not supported. Clipping masks? Coming soon. Every project I have tried to transition to using Pro for has caused hours of frustration followed by about 10 minutes of redoing everything within Pixelmator OG and continuing from there. I wish I had the wherewithal to have requested a refund when I had the chance.
When will the product be ready for release? - We’re now on the 8th point release for this product that cost $60. Dozens if not hundreds of bugs since the product was originally unveiled. Hopefully in a few months it will be stable.
Four Stars for now - This version is much better than the original version of pixermator. I use pixelmator as I am not willing to pay a subscription for photoshop. I look forward to the features pixelmator promises, but still think it will lack one thing. I beg that they will PLEASE add hdr and panorama merging. Pretty PRETTY PLEASE? I’ll will than update my review to 5 stars.
First one Star Review - I was very excited about Pro. I even put the release date in my calendar and purchased it day one. I have a show coming up and was excited to use Pro for my new pieces. Alas, Pro is unworkable for me on two fronts and support has been very poor. The support portal is the worse support interface I have experienced (asked to email a 35 MB file and another question remains unanswered). I am ready for a refund. Pixemator folks, if you are reading this please advise. Going back to the original software.