Developer: Claus Zimmermann
Current Version: 1.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.4 MB - Download
Let your photos shine with Picture Lights.
Your photos in your iPhoto library are precious. All your memories are preserved in your photos bursting with atmospheric colors. Wouldn't it be great to use the colors of your photos to adjust the room illumination while you are looking at your pictures? Well now, with Picture Lights and your Philips Hue Bulbs you can!
When selecting a photo in iPhoto, Picture Lights automatically analyzes the colors of the selected photo to tint your Philips Hue bulbs accordingly. In addition you can change the color selection for a photo using drag'n'drop, if you are not happy with Picture Lights’ automatic selection.
* The App uses the colors of the currently selected photo in iPhoto to adjust your room illumination.
* Picture Lights automatic color selection can be easily optimized using drag'n'drop. Your changes to the color selection will be saved for each picture.
* You can start a slideshows from within the App. The slideshow will use all photos that you have currently selected in iPhoto. For each photo being displayed in the slideshow, Picture Lights will adjust the room illumination according to the photo's colors.
Important, please read before you buy:
* This App requires that your Philips Hue bulbs can be controlled from your computer. Please ensure that you have a Hue Bridge with at least one bulb set up on your network before buying this App
* The App requires a copy of iPhoto 11 installed on your computer
* Picture Lights can not change the room illumination when you start a slideshow from within iPhoto. Only slideshows being started from within Picture Lights will tint your bulbs
Most Helpful Reviews
Awesome Little App For Philips Hue Installs! - I was looking specifically for an app that would change the colors of my bulbs while watching a photo slideshow and this app does just that! You open up iPhoto and select some photos and then open up this app and start the slideshow from Picture Lights (not iPhoto) and let the magic begin!!! VERY COOL. I would have given it 5 stars if the app had the ability to go full screen to hide the bottom grey slideshow controls while the slideshow it playing and if the slideshow had some different transitions (ie. Ken Burns, etc.). Hopefully that will come in an update soon! All in all - worth the price!