Photos Exif Editor
Developer: Systweak Software
Current Version: 2.2
Last Updated: 19 days ago
Download Size: 10.4 MB - Download
Photos EXIF Editor is an intuitive app which can edit EXIF, IPTC & XMP data of thousands of photos in no time!
Here are a few reasons which make it a MUST HAVE tool for your Mac:
• Reads & writes EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP metadata and more...
• Supports various common image formats including RAW format
• Deletes metadata individually or of selected batch of photos
• Sets photo modification/original date-time from EXIF information
• Automatically creates back up of the original metadata of the photo when writing
• Flexibility to create Presets of repetitive metadata to speed up processing
Photos EXIF Editor supports full read/write of the following image file formats:
.MOS Leaf Digital Camera RAW image
.CR2 Canon Digital Camera RAW image
.FFF Imacon Digital Camera RAW image
.DNG Leica Digital Camera RAW image
.NEF Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image
.NEF Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image
.NRW Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image ***
.PEF Pentax Digital Camera Raw Image **
.DNG Pentax Digital Camera Raw Image **
.DNG Ricoh Digital Camera RAW Image
.SR2 Sony Digital Camera Raw Image **
.SRF Sony Digital Camera Raw Image (Cyber Shot) **
.DNG Lumia 1020
.DNG One Plus One
.PSD Photoshop Document
.JP2 JPEG-2000 JP2 File Format Syntax ***
.JPEG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
.JPG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
.PNG Portable Network Graphics
.TIF Tagged Image File Format
.TIFF Tagged Image File Format
***: Data of Original date time tag will not be changed
**: Data of Camera model tag will not be changed
• EXIF: Artist, Image Description, Copyright, Software, User Comment, Camera Make, Model, Owner Name, Serial Number, Date/Time Original, Creation Date, Modify Date, ISO, F Number, Focal Length, Focal Length In 35mm Format, Flash, Orientation, Exposure Mode, Exposure Program, Exposure Time, Metering Mode, Scene Capture Type, White Balance, Saturation, Sensing Method, Sharpness, Subject Distance Range, Lens Make (as per app's standards), Lens Model(as per app's standards), Lens Serial Number (as per app's standards)
• GPS: Latitude, LatitudeRef, Longitude, LongitudeRef, Altitude, AltitudeRef
• IPTC: Author By-line, By-lineTitle, Copyright Notice, Headline, Caption-Abstract, Writer-Editor, Object Name, Category, Supplemental Categories, Keywords, Sub-location, City, Province-State, Country-Primary Location Name, Country-Primary Location Code, Original Transmission Reference, SpecialInstructions, Credit, Source
• XMP: Serial number, Lens, Create Date, Modify Date, Latitude, Longitude, Photoshop Date Created
What's New in Version 2.2
- GPS issue resolved under EXIF metadata.
- Bug fixes & minor improvements.
Most Helpful Reviews
Work perfect for my needs - I have thousands of old photo’s that I need to change the date and location tag, becaise they were not from newwer equip. I have been looking around and it didn’t sound like anyone was very happy with many of the option. I ran into this and the price was right for a good try. IT WORKS! It will batch change my photo’s exactly thae way I want. I am not looking for everything, just date and geo, so when I move them to Google Photo’s, they show up in teh timeline the right way with the right location. I have ten years worth of pictures that are from all over the US and Europe and this is working as I hoped!!! Try it.
Works but Destroys GPS data and naggy - Use it merely to add copyright info to photos I put on my blog. Doesn’t actually edit the photos I import but copies them and then adds the info. Wasteful. Also asks every time if I really want to perform this action and no way to turn that off. Also asks to be rated Every Single Time I Use It again with No way to turn that “feature” off. For its price I guess those are small (but repeatedly annoying) issues to quible over.UPDATE: Now I see that, even though I have the “Choose Editing Option” setting as “Only modify fields that I edit and keep others as is” this app apparently deletes the EXIF GPS data in my files! Do the test, open file in app and see GPS data. Change only one non-GPS field (I only added copyright info). Run conversion. Open new file and see that there is now NO GPS DATA. Horrible!
More Reviews for Current Version
Some annoyances and limitations - Annoying: (as others have reported) The modal window in the beginning that you can’t move. When you are initially loading your images, you have to wait for this window to go away. Also, there is no indicator of the import process, so it looks like the app is frozen for a minute while it is importing. Limitiation: It doesn’t seem to allow batch time changes. You can shift the date this way (like if you forgot to change the date on your camera, etc.). But you can’t do incremental/decremental time changes… odd.
Works! - Haven’t used all features, but works for those I have. Great deal for the price.
Does Just what I want it to. - Simple to use JPG Meta data editor. I like it.