Photos Exif Editor
Developer: Systweak Software
Current Version: 1.9
Last Updated: 8 days ago
Download Size: 10.4 MB - Download
Photos EXIF Editor is an intuitive app which can edit EXIF, IPTC & XMP data of thousands of photos in no time!
Here are a few reasons which make it a MUST HAVE tool for your Mac:
• Reads & writes EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP metadata and more...
• Supports various common image formats including RAW format
• Deletes metadata individually or of selected batch of photos
• Sets photo modification/original date-time from EXIF information
• Automatically creates back up of the original metadata of the photo when writing
• Flexibility to create Presets of repetitive metadata to speed up processing
Photos EXIF Editor supports full read/write of the following image file formats:
.MOS Leaf Digital Camera RAW image
.CR2 Canon Digital Camera RAW image
.FFF Imacon Digital Camera RAW image
.DNG Leica Digital Camera RAW image
.NEF Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image
.NEF Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image
.NRW Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image ***
.PEF Pentax Digital Camera Raw Image **
.DNG Pentax Digital Camera Raw Image **
.DNG Ricoh Digital Camera RAW Image
.SR2 Sony Digital Camera Raw Image **
.SRF Sony Digital Camera Raw Image (Cyber Shot) **
.DNG Lumia 1020
.DNG One Plus One
.PSD Photoshop Document
.JP2 JPEG-2000 JP2 File Format Syntax ***
.JPEG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
.JPG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
.PNG Portable Network Graphics
.TIF Tagged Image File Format
.TIFF Tagged Image File Format
***: Data of Original date time tag will not be changed
**: Data of Camera model tag will not be changed
• EXIF: Artist, Image Description, Copyright, Software, User Comment, Camera Make, Model, Owner Name, Serial Number, Date/Time Original, Creation Date, Modify Date, ISO, F Number, Focal Length, Focal Length In 35mm Format, Flash, Orientation, Exposure Mode, Exposure Program, Exposure Time, Metering Mode, Scene Capture Type, White Balance, Saturation, Sensing Method, Sharpness, Subject Distance Range, Lens Make (as per app's standards), Lens Model(as per app's standards), Lens Serial Number (as per app's standards)
• GPS: Latitude, LatitudeRef, Longitude, LongitudeRef, Altitude, AltitudeRef
• IPTC: Author By-line, By-lineTitle, Copyright Notice, Headline, Caption-Abstract, Writer-Editor, Object Name, Category, Supplemental Categories, Keywords, Sub-location, City, Province-State, Country-Primary Location Name, Country-Primary Location Code, Original Transmission Reference, SpecialInstructions, Credit, Source
• XMP: Serial number, Lens, Create Date, Modify Date, Latitude, Longitude, Photoshop Date Created
- Added support for various date/time configurations for the following EXIF/XMP/IPTC metadata of the images:
1. Original Date/Time
2. Creation Date/Time
3. Modify Date/Time
- Date/Time Configuration includes:
1. Keep Original date/time: Allow users to keep the original date/time value in the metadata of the images.
2. Empty Value: Allow users to remove the existing date/time values in the metadata of the images.
3. Select date/time: Allow users to select a particular date/time and replace it with the existing one in the metadata.
4. Update date/time: Allow users to individually update day/month/year/time values and keep original values for the rest, as per choice.
5. Increment/Decrement Original Date: Allow users to individually increment or decrement day/month/year with a certain count and keep original values for the rest, as per choice.
Most Helpful Reviews
Work perfect for my needs - I have thousands of old photo’s that I need to change the date and location tag, becaise they were not from newwer equip. I have been looking around and it didn’t sound like anyone was very happy with many of the option. I ran into this and the price was right for a good try. IT WORKS! It will batch change my photo’s exactly thae way I want. I am not looking for everything, just date and geo, so when I move them to Google Photo’s, they show up in teh timeline the right way with the right location. I have ten years worth of pictures that are from all over the US and Europe and this is working as I hoped!!! Try it.
Works but Destroys GPS data and naggy - Use it merely to add copyright info to photos I put on my blog. Doesn’t actually edit the photos I import but copies them and then adds the info. Wasteful. Also asks every time if I really want to perform this action and no way to turn that off. Also asks to be rated Every Single Time I Use It again with No way to turn that “feature” off. For its price I guess those are small (but repeatedly annoying) issues to quible over.UPDATE: Now I see that, even though I have the “Choose Editing Option” setting as “Only modify fields that I edit and keep others as is” this app apparently deletes the EXIF GPS data in my files! Do the test, open file in app and see GPS data. Change only one non-GPS field (I only added copyright info). Run conversion. Open new file and see that there is now NO GPS DATA. Horrible!
More Reviews for Current Version
Nags to leave rating and displays interfering modal windows always - Yes you can edit EXIF. No it is not efficient to do so. App needs workflow improvements—judging from existing annoyances I don’t expect those to come with updates. Massive advertisement for premium help in the top right corner of app—for example. I paid the price you asked for the app; get out of my way and let me do the work I expected I’d be able to do.