PhotoSync - wirelessly transfer, backup & share your photos & videos
Developer: touchbyte GmbH
Current Version: 3.0.5
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 2.4 MB - Download
It’s all about one thing – the best and easiest way to transfer, backup and share your photos & videos! Any kind of transfer – PhotoSync can handle it!
The FREE native PhotoSync companion for Mac is the best solution to transfer your photos & videos directly between your Mac and iPhone/iPad over the local Wi-Fi network.
Note: This application requires the iOS version of “PhotoSync” ($2.99) installed and running on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The PhotoSync app can be downloaded from the App Store: https://goo.gl/zRCXTC.
What you can do with PhotoSync:
Transfer & backup from iPhone/iPad to Mac:
• Transfer, move and backup your photos & videos from iPhone/iPad directly to your Mac over the local Wi-Fi network. Transfer is fast and secure. Photos & Videos never go over the Internet.
• Photos & videos are transferred in full resolution with all metadata intact
• Selectable target folder, flexible storage options and transfer quality options
• Direct import into OS X Photos, Aperture and iPhoto
Transfer from Mac to iPhone/iPad:
• Send photos & videos directly from your Mac to your iPhone/iPad over the local Wi-Fi network. Simply drag & drop the photos/videos you want on your device onto the PhotoSync icon in the dock and transfer them in seconds!
• Received photos & videos are imported directly into the Camera Roll or an album you defined
• Choose from existing albums on your iPhone/iPad as transfer destination or create new albums/folders
• Direct transfer from the OS X Photos App to your iPhone/iPad (Share Sheet Support)
• Safe & secure
Pictures and videos are not stored on any external server, never leave your local Wi-Fi network nor go over the Internet
• No limitations
Copy, share and backup an unlimited number of full resolution photos, HD videos and RAW files. All EXIF and GPS location information remain intact.
• Easy and convenient
No need to enter cryptic IP addresses– automatic device detection does the job for you! Transfer photos & videos simply by drag & drop!
• Blazingly fast transfers
Transfer photos & videos at full Wi-Fi bandwidth. No cable nor iTunes needed!
• Powerful and versatile
Choose among a wide-range of transfer options (filename, sub-directory creation, photo edits). Create folders and albums on your iPhone & iPad for your Mac and send photos/videos directly to them
• Transferring between Mac and iPhone/iPad requires PhotoSync installed and running on both devices. You only need to purchase PhotoSync for iOS once and can install it on all your iOS devices using the same iTunes account.
• Transferring between Mac computer and iPhone/iPad/ works directly over the local Wi-Fi network.
• PhotoSync for iPhone/iPad requires iOS 7 or later and is available in the AppStore at https://goo.gl/zRCXTC.
Visit our website for more information: http/photosync-app.com
Or, contact us if you have any comment, suggestion or feedback to improve the app: [email protected]
If you enjoy using ‘PhotoSync’ please give us a 5-star rating. Your 5-star rating for each version will keep the updates coming. Thank-you!
- Support for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Most Helpful Reviews
Love this App! Not really free BUT SO WORTH IT! - A good friend suggested this app so that I can turn off photo streaming. I want to be able to delete unwanted photos. This app allows me to sync photos to my Mac in a seperate folder on my desktop. Then I can delete etc. before I move to iphoto! I transferred 136 photos wirelessly in under 3 min. Very simple to use and you can use "preferences" to make your own folders! One issue is that even though the app for your Mac is free you have to pay $1.99 for the app for your iphone/ipod/ipad BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!
Watch out - The app here is free, but is a paid app on the ios app store. That is completely not cool!!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
quick, stable and multi-platform (always nice) - Works well, some setting could be better explained in English (they are a German company) but its a great app for ios and mac and windows. Have used for 3+ years. Really wish it would support AFP, as the Airport Extreme and Time Capsule support attaching hard drives to use as NAS (network attached storage) >> 5th star if it had this option (paid add-on or otherwise).
Want to move a photo, this does it. - I don’t usually write reviews because everything I want to say, has been said but… I’ve had my iPad 2 for at least a year and the one thiing I could not do was transfer photos from directories on my Mac to the iPad simply, like I could on my Nook. I use the photos when I go to art class so once I paint it, I delete it - just that one. And when I take one I think I want to paint, I add it - just that one. Try doing that through iTunes or whatever. Today, my Nook died and I had to bite the bullet. So, I trawled the App store and found this gem. Whyever you want to move a photo, wherever you want to move a photo, this does it. Simply. Intuitively. Puts it where you want it. Nothing that’s already there disappears. Stuff you never wanted doesn’t get put there. Well done, Photo Sync!
This Review is the first one I’ve ever written where I seeked out the app after downloading it to wr - I want to let everyone know that I downloaded this item on 3 different devices (my iphone, my macbook, and my iMac) I love this app. It is so worth it. It works so great. It’s unbelievable. if you download it, you won’t regret it. definately worth the money. I wish it could let me give it more than 5 stars!!!!!!
This version is broken - The app doesn’t work anymore. When I open it all the options are grayed out and my phone cant find it to send photos to.
UpLoad on the GO - Great to have on you iPhone when traveling, easy upload to my smugmug website gallery,must have