PhotoSync – transfer and backup photos & videos
Developer: touchbyte GmbH
Current Version: 3.2
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 2.4 MB - Download
It’s all about one thing – the best and easiest way to transfer, backup and share your photos & videos! Any kind of transfer – PhotoSync can handle it!
The FREE native PhotoSync companion for Mac is the best solution to transfer your photos & videos directly between your Mac and iPhone/iPad over the local Wi-Fi network.
Note: This application requires the iOS version of “PhotoSync” ($2.99) installed and running on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The PhotoSync app can be downloaded from the App Store: https://goo.gl/zRCXTC.
What you can do with PhotoSync:
Transfer & backup from iPhone/iPad to Mac:
• Transfer, move and backup your photos & videos from iPhone/iPad directly to your Mac over the local Wi-Fi network. Transfer is fast and secure. Photos & Videos never go over the Internet.
• Photos & videos are transferred in full resolution with all metadata intact
• Selectable target folder, flexible storage options and transfer quality options
• Direct import into OS X Photos, Aperture and iPhoto
Transfer from Mac to iPhone/iPad:
• Send photos & videos directly from your Mac to your iPhone/iPad over the local Wi-Fi network. Simply drag & drop the photos/videos you want on your device onto the PhotoSync icon in the dock and transfer them in seconds!
• Received photos & videos are imported directly into the Camera Roll or an album you defined
• Choose from existing albums on your iPhone/iPad as transfer destination or create new albums/folders
• Direct transfer from the OS X Photos App to your iPhone/iPad (Share Sheet Support)
• Safe & secure
Pictures and videos are not stored on any external server, never leave your local Wi-Fi network nor go over the Internet
• No limitations
Copy, share and backup an unlimited number of full resolution photos, HD videos and RAW files. All EXIF and GPS location information remain intact.
• Easy and convenient
No need to enter cryptic IP addresses– automatic device detection does the job for you! Transfer photos & videos simply by drag & drop!
• Blazingly fast transfers
Transfer photos & videos at full Wi-Fi bandwidth. No cable nor iTunes needed!
• Powerful and versatile
Choose among a wide-range of transfer options (filename, sub-directory creation, photo edits). Create folders and albums on your iPhone & iPad for your Mac and send photos/videos directly to them
• Transferring between Mac and iPhone/iPad requires PhotoSync installed and running on both devices. You only need to purchase PhotoSync for iOS once and can install it on all your iOS devices using the same iTunes account.
• Transferring between Mac computer and iPhone/iPad/ works directly over the local Wi-Fi network.
• PhotoSync for iPhone/iPad requires iOS 7 or later and is available in the AppStore at https://goo.gl/zRCXTC.
Visit our website for more information: http/photosync-app.com
Or, contact us if you have any comment, suggestion or feedback to improve the app: [email protected]
- New: Support for macOS Sierra
- New: Support for IPv6 networks
Most Helpful Reviews
Love this App! Not really free BUT SO WORTH IT! - A good friend suggested this app so that I can turn off photo streaming. I want to be able to delete unwanted photos. This app allows me to sync photos to my Mac in a seperate folder on my desktop. Then I can delete etc. before I move to iphoto! I transferred 136 photos wirelessly in under 3 min. Very simple to use and you can use "preferences" to make your own folders! One issue is that even though the app for your Mac is free you have to pay $1.99 for the app for your iphone/ipod/ipad BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!
Watch out - The app here is free, but is a paid app on the ios app store. That is completely not cool!!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
quick, stable and multi-platform (always nice): update 2017 - JUNE 2017 update: Finally an update! Thought the app was going away, as updates were not common anymore... Works well, its a great app for ios and mac and windows. Have used for 4+ years. NOW supports AFP, as the Airport Extreme and Time Capsule support attaching hard drives to use as NAS (network attached storage) Thanks to the dev for writing and making me aware!! :)
Can’t Transfer to IPhone - Purchased the App to transfer pictures from Mac to iPhone, avoiding clunky ITunes synch process. PhotoSynch has a nice clean interface and easily transfered pictures from phone to computer. However, it would not transfer to the phone. Steps appeared to work but the pictures never appeared in the phone’s camera roll even though phone and computer were on the same WIFI network and both were running the PhotoSynch App. Developer support indicated it was “a network problem.” I was unable to resolve and will have to find another App.
Disappointing - I expected the app to be able to read the iPhoto library and albums (or the Photos library and albums alternatively). I don’t want to sync from the hard drive. I want to sync particular albums.