PhotoSweeper Lite: Remove duplicate photos in Photos, iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom
Developer: Gwinno Software, Inc.
Current Version: 2.2.6
Last Updated: 8 months ago
Download Size: 14.1 MB - Download
*** 40% off for a limited time ***
PhotoSweeper Lite (a lightweight version of PhotoSweeper) helps you to get rid of duplicate photos. It works with photos from Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, Adobe Lightroom and Capture One libraries, as well as photos from your hard drives and external storages. It allows you to find and group photos that have identical or very similar content, regardless of image names.
DUPLICATE photos - absolutely identical photos, created by reserve copying or using multiple photo libraries etc. If you have several Macs, external hard drives, or just multiple copies of the same photo collection, and want to remove duplicates, this application is for you.
SIMILAR photos - photos that look identical to the human eye, but are different for a computer, usually created by multi-shot capturing of the same scene, or by editing with special software, like Adobe Photoshop, Pixelmator etc. PhotoSweeper Lite DOES NOT detect this kind of photos as duplicates, but the FULL version of PhotoSweeper DOES the trick.
With PhotoSweeper Lite you get:
• Support for Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom and Capture One libraries.
• Beautifully designed and easy-to-use interface: great photo browsing, reviewing results in different modes, automatically marking photos etc.
• Extremely fast workflow: based on state-of-the-art technologies and optimized for photo comparison.
This is the LITE version. The FULL version is named "PhotoSweeper" and it:
• Finds SIMILAR photos providing extra comparison settings. Photos are compared regardless of their sizes or formats and are grouped by similarity. It allows you to find even edited photos and series of shots.
• Moves or copies photos you want to keep with or without bulk renaming.
A comprehensive user manual is available on our site: http://overmacs.com/
Ready for macOS Sierra and Apple Photos 2.x.
Most Helpful Reviews
Does what it says... - I too was nervous about deleting tons of "duplicates", but I spent the time to review all that this app pushed to the trash and I have to say they were all duplicates. Some were just the same picture in multiple folders, some were pictures I had just loaded multiple times. Bottom line is that it cleared more than a gig of multiples from my hard drive! Like the title says, it does what it says it will do. I for one am happy with the app! Hats off to the developer!
AVOID - This software is a disaster! It erases Keywords and Flags and it also erases any editing you may have done in your photos. I have lost DAYS of work. Don't buy this application!