Phiewer - Image Viewer
Developer: Thomas Zinnbauer
Current Version: 1.8.0
Last Updated: 6 days ago
Download Size: 143.6 MB - Download
Phiewer - The standard media viewer for Mac.
Phiewer is the easiest and fastest way to view your images, videos and even audio files. It's folder based so you can just browse your media in one window without any extra clicking and selecting...
*** Fast and Responsive User Interface ***
It's incredibly fast and responsive, your media fits fluidly right into your viewport, of course also in fullscreen mode.
*** Quick Controls ***
A simple controls panel and lots of shortcuts for browsing, rotating, play/pause, toggle fullscreen, toggle info panel and much more is built right in. And hey, it's also possible to rotate videos.
*** File Information / Exif Data Viewer ***
For any of your media you can toggle the info panel to see detailed information and Exif data for example. Phiewer also displays most common RAW camera image formats.
*** Multimedia Slideshow ***
Just hit the Slideshow play button to view your media folders automated with nice transition effects and background music. You can set the interval speed of each slide, choose transition effects and select your music from really cool handpicked background tracks. There is also the possibility to select your own music from your hard drive.
Setting the Slideshow to loop and you will have endless running Memories. You can even play videos and audio mixed within your Slideshow and the music gets automatically dimmed or muted for a nice Media Center like entertainment experience.
*** Stunning Effects ***
Backdrop ambience is a stunning viewing effect. It turns the whole interface background into a blurred ambience like you may have seen in lots of videos on the web.
*** And the Best... ***
...it even plays animated gifs, YEAH! :-)
*** Supported Formats ***
.png, .jpg, .bmp, gif, .tiff, .3fr, .ari, .arw, .bay, .crw, .cr2 ,cap, .dcs, .dcr, .dng, .drf, .eip, .erf, .fff, .iiq, .k25, .kdc, .mef, .mos, .mrw, .nef, .nrw, .obm, .orf, .pef, .ptx, .pxn, .r3d, .raf, .raw, .rwl, .rw2, .rwz, .sr2, .srf, .srw, .x3f
.mp4, .m4v, .m4u, .m4a, .mov, .mkv
.opus, .weba, .webm, .ogg, .ogv, .ogm, .oga, .wav, .mp3, .flac
--- COMMON ---
* Add selected image as desktop wallpaper
--- UX ---
* Customized panel width gets saved for opening Phiewer PRO the next time
* Customized thumb size gets saved for opening Phiewer PRO the next time
* Customized window size gets saved for opening Phiewer PRO the next time
--- ZOOMING ---
* Added context menu for zooming to -> 100%, 200%...
* Added Zoom with mousewheel while holding CMD key to mouse pointer position
* Added zoom value display
* Added zoom controls now with CMD key
* Added cursor change to draggable when zoomed in
--- SETTINGS ---
* Enable/disable mouswheel scroll behaviour in settings (better usage for Touchpad / Magic Mouse)
* Enable/disable swipe behaviour for prev next navigation (better usage for Touchpad / Magic Mouse)
* Selectable double click behaviour for fullscreen or zoom in/out in
* Fixed a bug: the setting in the preference pane transition "none" gets now saved correctly
Most Helpful Reviews
It reads my biggest file and don’t crash - FINALLY, a Free app that can zoom, and read LARGE PNG files. I just transfered some of my art from my PC to this, and it does indeed show it with no problems. However, there is still the Verification it has to do when I try to open a file. Seems Like Mac OS likes to verify everytime you open a picture.
Won’t display XT2 raw files - I am sick of Lightroom and hoping this would allow me to cull my images, but it will not display my FUJI XT2 raw files