Developer: Alice Dev Team
Current Version: 3.4.1
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 6.3 MB - Download
Watch your home, kids, and pets from anywhere! Simply plug in your camera, use the Mac’s built-in one, IP camera, or use your iOS device as IP camera and feature-rich Periscope Pro does the rest. Easy to use, OS X El Capitan ready, motion detection, clip uploading, and much more!
You wanted a simple-to-use, fully-featured video surveillance app for your Mac, and Periscope Pro delivers!
Periscope Pro is compatible with the Mac’s built-in camera, or countless other third-party / stand-alone IP cameras. You can monitor and/or record anything – your desk, your front door, the kid’s playroom, the baby’s room, your vacation house – anything. With features like motion detection, video/sound recording, and clip uploading, you’ll never miss a moment (or you’ll finally find out who is stealing your snacks from your desk!)
With its sophisticated motion and sound detection systems, you can set it to only record when there is something to see (this leaves fewer clips to sort through, and less storage used.) You can also record continuously if you wish. Clips are stored on your Mac for viewing and can be automatically uploaded to Dropbox so you can see what’s happening from anywhere, with any device!
By themselves, IP Cameras can be difficult to setup, but it’s fast and easy with Periscope Pro (in fact, it’s downright automatic!) Just input the camera’s address and model, and it does the rest. The setup screen preview window allows you see what’s happening as you set it up, so there’s no need to switch between screens (yes, we thought of everything!)
If you need to monitor covertly, using a USB or IP camera lets you separate the camera from your Mac (so there’s no telltale green light) and hide the camera anywhere. Sneaky, huh?
But all of this ease of use and feature set wouldn’t be worth much if you couldn’t find and view the clips you want, right? So Periscope Pro makes it fast and easy. The integrated, one-click Clip Library has a large, full-screen expandable viewing window, complete with clip thumbnails/details in a scrollable frame on the right.
With Periscope Pro you can:
• Monitor your home office when you are away
• Watch your kids, pets or aging parents
• Monitor an office in another city, country or continent
• Check on the babysitter or nanny
• Keep an eye on your workspace, desk, papers, and your Mac
• Monitor your storage unit, boat, motorcycle, or camper
• Catch a volcano erupting, a shooting star, or whales breeching by connecting to a public IP camera
• Keep an eye on your server room or any other business area
Features & Benefits:
• Easy-to-use, sets up in less than 1 minute
• IP Camera support - Auto or manual setup - Setup window preview to see how it’s working
• Covert Operation
- App can be hidden from users
- Operates with screensaver or even with screen-off
• Multiple operating modes – Motion Detection, Audio Detection, Both or Continuous
• Motion Detection - Set sensitivity level– ignore or detect small movements like the wind ruffling a curtain.
• Audio Detection - Set sensitivity level – ignore or detect quite sounds like a pet walking
• Real-time interactive activation adjustment – set motion/audio activation sensitivity using level monitors in the in-screen monitor window
• See levels change as you move/speak
• Pick exactly the trigger points you want – no trial and error guessing
• Auto-send clips to your Dropbox account – view clips from anywhere on any device
• Set preferences for any camera in the same window – built-in, external, or IP Camera
• Multiple frames/second options – 1, 5, 10, 15, 25
• Small footprint / Highly resource efficient – 30% more efficient than most others
• User-controlled clip storage – any folder, any device
• Can be password protected
• 24/7 support response in 1 hour or less, GUARANTEED
Added support for EZVIZ cameras.
Most Helpful Reviews
Recommend - It seems pricey, but when you think about how much an actual surveillance system would cost, it's amazingly cheap! It works really well an meets all my security needs. Definitely recommend you get this.
Useless and overpriced - This app is completely useless. It turns the camera led on when it records so everybody will immediately know that you record him. The app also requires you to be logged in as a user. The settings are very limited and for $20 I would expect a lot more. This is a complete rip-off.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great app but…. - I have two problems. If I leave it on CONTINUOUS recording it works great but it does not let me change the folder that the clips are saved to. The program reverts back to the original folder on every restart. If I leave it on MOTION CAPTURE, the program crashes after a few hours. I cant figure out any reason why it would happen. Oh yeah…one more problem….Contacting support about any of these issues gets you NO RESPONSE AT ALL. Either on the message board or email or the contact us button on their site. If my issues are resolved I’ll update my review. If this review is not updated…nothing has been resolved.
No customer support - Camera won’t work with program, even though listed as compatible. After repeated attempts to contact customer support, no response. Would like my money back.
Great, easy to use - This worked great. Just watched the housekeeper taking money out of bank envelope and rummaging through drawers. Well worth the $20.
Read This Now - I paid for the latest version and installed it a 2 of my iMacs but when i went to install it a a 3rd older iMac it said i needed to run the older version and gave me the link to download the older version but the older version wanted me to pay full price again and so i sent support a message and have not heard back.