If copy & paste is a part of your workflow, Pastebot is an indispensible tool to improve your productivity. Quickly recall clippings that you have copied before and apply powerful text filters to format before pasting. You can even queue up multiple copies to paste in sequence. Pastebot is always running and only a keyboard shortcut away to command copy & paste.
Pastebot saves everything you copy so that you can quickly recall them in the future. Save and organize frequently-used clippings into custom pasteboards and create keyboard shortcuts to access pasteboards and paste specific clippings.
Build powerful filters with a live preview and apply them as you paste. Create keyboard shortcuts to quickly paste using your filters and export your filters to share with other Pastebot users.
Quick Paste Menu:
Pastebot is there when you need it and invisible when you don’t. Quickly access your clippings from any app and search, preview, or filter clippings before pasting. You can even set the order of clippings to paste in sequence.
With iCloud enabled, your main clipboard, custom pasteboards and filters sync across all of your computers running Pastebot. Your clipboard and filters will be on every mac you work on.
Create custom pasteboard groups to organize important clippings you want to save and re-use. Assign keyboard shortcuts to clippings you use most often.
Works with Universal Clipboard:
macOS Sierra’s Universal Clipboard works alongside Pastebot. Copy a clipping in Pastebot and paste it on your iOS device via Universal Clipboard.
Full Screen Support:
Pastebot works in full-screen and split-screen mode. Running in split-screen mode allows you to use Pastebot as a scratch pad.
Choose from various quick paste window styles to suit your preferences, always paste in plain text, enable release-to-paste and more.
There are apps you copy from that you never want stored in Pastebot. Just add that application to the blacklist and Pastebot will ignore it.
Find a clipping quickly with Pastebot’s powerful search capabilities. Search based on content or metadata. You can search by application, date, data type and more.
Pastebot features many keyboard shortcuts to satisfy any copy & paste maestro. Paste the previous item on the clipboard or paste the current clipping while applying the last used filter.
- Fixed issue where pasting from custom pasteboard could fail.
- Fixed issue where sequential paste could end up re-adding item just pasted to bottom of the queue.
- The Sequential Paste Queue window now switches spaces if you switch spaces.
- Improvements to ‘Always Paste Plain Text’. In some cases it wasn’t working as well as it should have.
- When using ‘Always Paste Plain Text’, pasting items from your clipboard now move to the top.
- Sequential paste can now queue up duplicate items.
- Sequential paste now honors your settings for ‘Always Paste Plain Text’.
- Filter text areas for ‘Find and Replace’ and ‘Quote Text’ no longer do any smart punctuation conversion.
- The paste script used to paste into other apps has been improved for dvorak and other international keyboard users. We are unable to replace the script automatically so contact support if this affects you.
- Fixed an issue where it could still register a global hot key for a filter or clipping that had been deleted.
- Improved support for Right to Left layout of the user interface.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Quit Pastebot’ could show an alert panel behind other app windows if the dock icon was hidden.
Most Helpful Reviews
Unequivocally the best Clipboard enhancer - I've tried just about every other clipboard enhancer app for the Mac, including Flycut, ClipMenu, Paste, Copied. Some of those are good, but all of them missed the mark in one way or another. Pastebot seems like it came along at just the right time and is very thoughtfully made. All of the functions make sense and work seamlessly together. Everything you would expect is there: saved/favorite clips, sequential paste, rich text & image support, customizable hotkeys, sync between devices via iCloud is an added bonus that is really helpful. Thanks so much to Tapbots for this great release, and for the updates!
Not compatible with Safari - Since I installed Pastebot, I cannot type into a webform text entry box without crashing Safari. I am having to switch to Firefox as my default browser. Even though I quit Pastebot, I was still unable to use Safari. Deleting the $9.99 app, but may have to go to the Genius bar or re-install Safari or something because there were no clean uninstall instructions for this app and I still ahd a couple of crashes. For that first hour, when I was pasing into Word or Outlook or anything other than a web form on Safari, and later, when working in Firefox, I was generally pleased with the app functionality, although it and I did not always agree what plain text meant. But if it is choice between Pastebot and Safari, I'll take Safari!