Developer: Tension Software
Current Version: 1.3
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 1.8 MB - Download
Password Creator lets you create random passwords.
It allows to create a single password or a long list , up to 500000 (half million) of passwords, in a single click, inside an internal table, ready to be saved on disk as text
It allows to create different kind of passwords:
• Alpha only lowercase
• Alpha only uppercase
• Alpha only any-case
• Alphanumeric only lowercase
• Alphanumeric only uppercase
• Alphanumeric only any-case
• Numeric only
• Hexadecimal (to be used in WEP encrypted wireless modem)
• Alphanumeric lowercase with punctuation
• Alphanumeric uppercase with punctuation
• Alphanumeric any-case with punctuation
- You can select the length of the password and it is created live while you select the options
- Strength of the created password is visualized in a graphic way
- Password can be shown or maintained hidden inside the window
- You can generate not only just one password in one shot, but also thousands of them with a single click, and save them on disk in a text file.
- Password Creator can be used in that way also as a random data generator, with output importable by any other software that can read text data from disk
- Optional Disambiguator: avoids use of custom specified chars similar to others
- When creating a list of password, optional 'avoid duplicates'
- Sort and save on disk passwords, alphabetically or by creation
- Can export to disk data to be imported by any app
Password Creator includes a standard PDF user guide
Optimized for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
• Now can generate up to half million passwords in a single step
• Better way to define how many passwords to create
• Optimized for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Most Helpful Reviews
Nicely crafted single-purpose app - Password Creator is a great example of a thoughtfully crafted, single-purpose and "just right" application. I needed something to quickly generate a bunch of random tokens for a project I was working on and this app exactly fit the bill. I appreciated the app's ability to generate up to 999 unique variations, the editable disambiguation list - I didn't want tokens with the number 1 or upper-case I for example - and being able to export the list to a text file to quickly integrate the results into my workflow. If you need to be able to generate secure passwords for your many website logins, or if your needs are a little more "industrial strength" like mine, this app is a real gem. The only feature enhancement one might want is an option to generate so-called "pronounceable" passwords - e.g. "dog8top4bean" - that contain random dictionary words to make passwords that are easier to memorize. A solid and well thought out app that's absolutely worth the modest asking price.
Lacks vital functions - Limited to max 10000 phrases in output, output cannot be sorted in order, instead its all generated into a random pile. paid 1.99. With the limitations implemented i wish it had a refund…. look elsewhere for something more complete.
More Reviews for Current Version
Craft the passwords you want - Get totally random passwords that do not include characters that either certain systems barf on (Unix or Windows, for example) or characters that you simply don’t wish to use. Extremely helpful! And such an improvement on various password apps built-in functionality — which can be pretty pitiful when you read Bruce Schneier and others destroy the patterns these other apps often choose.