Developer: BrainDistrict GmbH
Current Version: 1.5
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 69.5 MB - Download
Fast Photo Editing * Easy Image Creation
PaintSupreme offers best-in-class photo editing and image creation in one great package.
• FAST – one of the fastest editing products in the App Store
• STABLE – 10,000+ users and not a single major bug
• EASY-TO-USE – intuitive with comprehensive user documentation
Transform photos from ordinary into extraordinary with PaintSupreme. Our easy-to-use tools take the complication and work out of photo editing freeing you to focus on your imagination. And because PaintSupreme works with both pixel and vector images, your creativity is limitless.
Selection tools to choose your work style
• All or part of an image
• Rectangular curved, or any freeform shape
• Connect selected areas to operate on different parts simultaneously
Editing tools to easily:
• Remove blemishes, unwanted elements like shadows or a fence, and other flaws
• Balance or skew color, lighten or darken, sharpen or blur
• Create a gradation of color across an area or the entire image
• Multiply elements in your photo – turn one star into 20, or one flower into a bouquet
• Change colors – turn a green shirt to red or blue house to yellow
• Pull an element from one photo and insert it into another – add your dog to a picture of your car, or put yourself on the beach
Filters to transform all or part of a photo
• Transform a photo into a painting with brushstrokes
• Liquify an image so it seems to flow
• Create ripples, pinch, pull, polarize, and dozens of other effects
Text tools to add words and phrases so you can
• Title photos
• Label people, streets, buildings, and other elements
• Create documents like greeting cards, posters, invitations, and brochures
Advanced tools to do more complex transformations as you build your skills
• Layers let you build up effects and create multiple versions of the same original image
• Selection addition and subtraction functions let you operate on specific areas of your image by joining or removing sections
• Mix tools and filters together to create an unlimited range of effects
Create original images limited only by your imagination. Our easy-to-use drawing and painting tools give you the power to easily design beautiful images in a wide variety of styles.
Drawing tools to design a simple element or a complex image
• Guides and rulers make it easy to layout your project and keep elements aligned
• Pre-set shapes let you quickly add squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, ovals, and many other standard geometric patterns
• Create and print a drawing to color with crayons or watercolors
•Add shadowing to highlight an element or create a dramatic effect
Painting tools to create eye-catching images
• Apply color in any style from painterly to pallet knife
• Blend edges or keep them hard
• Airbrush in gradual tones and highlights
• Blend and mix colors to suit
Saving & Sharing
Save your edited photos, drawings and paintings in a variety of standard formats and share them with friends and family. Use your images with
• iPhoto, Photoshop, Facebook, Flickr, Pinterest
• Your website
• Email to friends and family
• Seamless integration of filters and effects created in IFX-Supreme. Users can now download new filters and effects from the IFX-Supreme library directly into PaintSupreme for free and immediately drag-and-drop them onto their photos or create cool effects with the press of a button.
• Even faster performance doing transformations and using the drawing tools. Faster switching between layers so changes appear instantly as you move from one layer to another.
• User interface has been enhanced with a brighter text and a cleaner layout.
• Red Eye removal tool which removes the red-eye effect caused by flash photography with a click.
• Shortcuts for the Vector tool making vector image manipulation quicker and easier.
• Increased sensitivity for the Bucket tool.
• Improvements to the operation of the Crop and Clone Stamp tools that make them easier to use.
• Many smaller enhancements, speedups and bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Fantastic results! - I use PhotoShop CS5.5 and other tools to enhance and re-touch images and have to say I really enjoyed checking out PaintSupreme. It's a bit more intuitive for newbies, even when working with layers. I think I'll be using it for quick re-touches when I don't need all the features of CS5.5, for $20 you can't go wrong.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR $5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - #1- it APPEARS to be great photo editor #2- It will not let you UPLOAD anything from your mac (which begs the question- why did I buy this in the first place??) All photos on your mac are unattainable #3- it is not user-friendly #4- customer service will not reply to your emaiiled concerns- not even a confirmation of receipt! #5- I own an imac- not a jailbroken iphone from ebay. It’s not a hardware issue. #6- DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Invest your $5 into a happy meal. It clogs the arteries but is money better spent.
More Reviews for Current Version
Solid Editing Tool - As a professional graphic designer, I'm always on the lookout for new tools. I really like how similar the PaintSupreme user interface is to Photoshop which reduces the learning curve right off the bat. The program is a solid tool and its simplicity is refreshing.
Lotsa bang for your buck! - I downloaded and installed PaintSupreme in a matter of minutes. The install was effortless and I was busy manipulating my sons soccer photos within seconds of first launching the app. The controls and feature set are very similar to what I am used to using when editing in industry standard applications. This app is a great for anyone who needs a full-featured image manipulation program and doesn't want to fork out the big bucks for Photoshop.
PaintSupreme has an advantage in price - After using PaintSupreme for a few days I am impressed for the price. First, it is not a Photoshop killer or a good replacement for Pixelmator. If you want a more professional package Pixelmator offers more productivity. PainSupreme is just a bit clunky to call ready for prime time. Second - and this is key, it is 6 bucks. For 6 bucks the casual user who applies themselves to learning it can get a suitable replacement Photoshop that will do a lot of what they want for lower end webdesign, full screen video, and other work. Third, like Pixelmator, I expect the people who create this application to improve it the same way Pixelmator was improved. As we learned with Adobe the design community needs two or three applications competing to avoid the Adobe syndrome from holding our work hostage. So for 5.99 I think everyone in the profession should throw down on this, if only to support the developers. They have a product that works. Its interface is a little to Windows clunky, its tools not perfect, but it is not hard to use and does what it is expected to do.
Hard to go wrong for the price... - This is a promising app, but it still has a way to go before it's a contender. Most of the functions & tools work OK, but some don't or are a bit wonky. Some of the filters are interesting, but a few don't do much at all or are rather baffling. Still, it does most of the basics & seems fairly stable. Though it imports & exports dozens of file formats, most are program-specific or device-specific & so are useless to most people. Other apps do much more & do it better, but they cost a lot more, too. There's an online tutorial that shows what it can do. In its current form it's an OK imaging app for kids & hobbyists to learn about layers & tools. That said, with some fine-tuning & a decent upgrade, it wouldn't take much for PaintSupreme to compete with Pixelmator.
Big Features, Little Price - Wow, this app has most of the features of Photoshop at a small fraction of the price...without any monthly subscription required! To be honest, this seems faster and more responsive (read, "less bloated") than Photoshop.