Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning design, writing tools, and performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With the release of real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Enhance your documents using a library of over 500 professionally drawn shapes
• Reply to comments and join threaded conversations
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• New auto-correction and text replacement options save time while typing
• Export documents as fixed layout ePub books
• Change margins, headers, footers and paper size while collaborating
• Improved support for Hebrew and Arabic languages
• The Stock and Currency functions now return data from the previous market day’s close
Most Helpful Reviews
Great for almost everything - I get told all the time by folks that if you want to be serious about documents, you have to use Microsoft Word. Typically, the (very serious) folks who tell me this have not been published. As someone who regularly uses Pages on Mac, iPad, and even iPhone to write and prepare scientific papers for publication, it is fine. I have had no problem exporting documents as either .doc or .docx for final versions of manuscripts to be published in journals like PLoS One. I can quickly import images from ArcGIS or R to add figure captions. Table creation is a breeze. Pages is a great tool, and document syncing makes my life a lot easier. I can jot down some new ideas and paragraphs on my iPad while on a plane, and then continue with a manuscript from my Mac at an office or at home. In short, if your primary needs for a word editor are a place to write and format text, or to add comments or track changes, Pages is fine. About the only limitation I’ve found is the Table of Contents (speficially, having multiples of these). But that is honestly the only setback I have had in the past 4 years of using Pages to prepare manuscripts for publication.
Apple needs to pull their head out - Apple software quality has gone downhill way too far. I’ve been a loyal Apple user for 30 years (yes, even when Apple sucked worse than now), but I’m finally considering ditching anything and everything I own that has that silly little apple icon on it, because it has become a symbol for frustration, poor quality, and inconsistency (things “just not working”). Just read all of the other one-star reviews if you want to know my feeling about this version of the Pages app. Apple has stopped listening to its customers, though. They don’t care about our needs—they only care about the most effective ways to pull cash out of our wallets without us noticing, because they refuse to provide the value for which we’d willingly pay. How dare you destroy the previous purchases of Pages ’09 by disabling it and replacing it with a crippled version? Apple should be sued! Customers didn’t give you permission to delete any software for which they’ve paid, or to remove features after payment. Apple doesn’t care about creatives anymore—they want consumers only!! They figure that companies like Adobe will provide all creative software necessary for Apple’s creative developers. Unfortunately, it means that Apple has abandoned us.
More Reviews for Current Version
Crashes and randomly deletes parts of a document - I’ve been using Pages for years, lately it’s become unreliable. It has just crashed on me 7 times!!!! Last week I noticed that a big chunck of an important work got deleted, no one else has access to my laptop or my docs, the app simply merged several versions of the document and deleted a huge part of it, all on its own.
No Index capability - One of the biggest limitations of Pages is that it does not have the ability to generate an alphabetical word index. For documents like rulebooks or product user manuals, an index is the easiest way to locate information. The table of contents function is helpful, but not usable to generate an index. The method that I have successfully used to generate an index for a pages document is to export it as a text document, then edit it in OpenOffice. I generate the index there, then copy and paste it back into the Pages document. It’s shocking that a free open source app has features that Pages does not. APPLE, ARE YOU LISTENING????
sharing document with PC users - While the app is easy enough to use it doesnt have all the bells and whistles word has. Basically it meets my needs. The only significant issue is when sending a document to a PC user they cannot open it. Always have to resend as a PDF.
Still needs verticle alignment and non-contiguous text selection - This is a good update which fixed many problems, so I have raised my rating to 3 stars. However, in order for it to be a real wordprocessor, Pages needs to bring back non-contiguous text selection, and it needs to support vertical alignment. It would also be nice if selecting a page from the thumbnail pane did not deslect whatever one had selected on another page, as this would make text slection over many pages easier. The following bug persists: when I move the cursor to the right side of the screen in full screen mode, which causes the format pane to appear, it is difficult to select a paragraph style from the dropdown menu because it only remains visible for as long as I click. instead it in necessary to double click. However, whenI select “Inspector, Format”, I am able to click and select a style. Please fix this. Keep the updates coming! I now have faith that apple is actually going to make this into a usable product.
Still needs vertacle alignment and non-contiguous text selection - This is a good update which fixed many problems, so I have raised my rating to 3 stars. However, in order for it to be a real wordprocessor, Pages needs to bring back non-contiguous text selection, and it needs to support vertical alignment. It would also be nice if selecting a page from the thumbnail pane did not deslect whatever one had selected on another page, as this would make text slection over many pages easier. The following bug persists: when I move the cursor to the right side of the screen in full screen mode, which causes the format pane to appear, it is difficult to select a paragraph style from the dropdown menu because it only remains visible for as long as I click. instead it in necessary to double click. However, whenI select “Inspector, Format”, I am able to click and select a style. Please fix this. Keep the updates coming! I now have faith that apple is actually going to make this into a usable product.