Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning design, writing tools, and performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With the release of real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Enhance your documents using a library of over 500 professionally drawn shapes
• Reply to comments and join threaded conversations
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• New auto-correction and text replacement options save time while typing
• Export documents as fixed layout ePub books
• Change margins, headers, footers and paper size while collaborating
• Improved support for Hebrew and Arabic languages
• The Stock and Currency functions now return data from the previous market day’s close
Most Helpful Reviews
Great for almost everything - I get told all the time by folks that if you want to be serious about documents, you have to use Microsoft Word. Typically, the (very serious) folks who tell me this have not been published. As someone who regularly uses Pages on Mac, iPad, and even iPhone to write and prepare scientific papers for publication, it is fine. I have had no problem exporting documents as either .doc or .docx for final versions of manuscripts to be published in journals like PLoS One. I can quickly import images from ArcGIS or R to add figure captions. Table creation is a breeze. Pages is a great tool, and document syncing makes my life a lot easier. I can jot down some new ideas and paragraphs on my iPad while on a plane, and then continue with a manuscript from my Mac at an office or at home. In short, if your primary needs for a word editor are a place to write and format text, or to add comments or track changes, Pages is fine. About the only limitation I’ve found is the Table of Contents (speficially, having multiples of these). But that is honestly the only setback I have had in the past 4 years of using Pages to prepare manuscripts for publication.
Apple needs to pull their head out - Apple software quality has gone downhill way too far. I’ve been a loyal Apple user for 30 years (yes, even when Apple sucked worse than now), but I’m finally considering ditching anything and everything I own that has that silly little apple icon on it, because it has become a symbol for frustration, poor quality, and inconsistency (things “just not working”). Just read all of the other one-star reviews if you want to know my feeling about this version of the Pages app. Apple has stopped listening to its customers, though. They don’t care about our needs—they only care about the most effective ways to pull cash out of our wallets without us noticing, because they refuse to provide the value for which we’d willingly pay. How dare you destroy the previous purchases of Pages ’09 by disabling it and replacing it with a crippled version? Apple should be sued! Customers didn’t give you permission to delete any software for which they’ve paid, or to remove features after payment. Apple doesn’t care about creatives anymore—they want consumers only!! They figure that companies like Adobe will provide all creative software necessary for Apple’s creative developers. Unfortunately, it means that Apple has abandoned us.
More Reviews for Current Version
Terrible page management and documentation 6.2 - I am amazed that Apple would release this. It seems impossible to edit sections and page orders in sections. That would seem to be rudimentary to a layout/word processing app. Half the items in the menus are greyed out and nonfucntiong as well. Or it depends on what mode you are in. For some astounding reason there is no ability to simply Add a page to a doc?!?!? The documentation online is convoluted because there have been so many updates and versions. I find myself clicking around endlessly and trying to use icons in the pages that serve no purpose and do nothing. Why is there no “Save As” also so you can update the version of the doc you are sending to the cloud?
sharing document with PC users - While the app is easy enough to use it doesnt have all the bells and whistles word has. Basically it meets my needs. The only significant issue is when sending a document to a PC user they cannot open it. Always have to resend as a PDF.
Constant Crashes post 6.2 update - Since updating to version 6.2 my pages application has become almost not possible to use. Any time I hightlight text and click the “comment” button, the document immediately crashes. I edit dozens of documents each week and need this function to work. It would also be nice to be able to change comment balloon colors if the comments are made at different times the document is open. Right now if “change color” option is chosen, it changes all comment colors regardless of when they were made. I would like to be able to have Monday comments yellow, and Tuesday green as an example.
Revision of review titled "The “Continue” button does not work” by Confused1941 - I wrote the following on July 18, 2017: I have been unable to use Pages because when I click “Continue” (to accept the licensing agreement), nothing happens. Therefore, I am unable even to try Pages. I have now resolved the problem, and it was all my fault (my only excuse is that because this is my first MacBook I am unfamiliar with all its workings). I had reset the resolution on the laptop, an action that made the pages larger; as a result, the actual “Continue” was hidden at the bottom of the licensing agreement page. I was clicking fruitlessly on the wrong “Continue.” Now that I have reverted to the original resolution everything is fine. Pages is very user friendly and I look forward to getting to know it in more detail.
Nice looking app - - Hope you add support for Arabic when exporting ePub documents. - Hope that heilighting colors and other colors are reserverd on the right panel so we do not need to re-select the color every time (I’m color blinded BTW). - It would be grate if the side panels are more context aware so we do not need to spend time looking about what we want. - Create bollet list feels like a mition to accomplish, does not save last selection. and takes time to select.