Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning design, writing tools, and performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With the release of real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 500 editable shapes
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Improved PDF export lets you view a document's table of contents in the sidebar in PDF viewer apps such as Preview
• Drag and drop rows in tables that span multiple pages
• Performance and stability improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Great for almost everything - I get told all the time by folks that if you want to be serious about documents, you have to use Microsoft Word. Typically, the (very serious) folks who tell me this have not been published. As someone who regularly uses Pages on Mac, iPad, and even iPhone to write and prepare scientific papers for publication, it is fine. I have had no problem exporting documents as either .doc or .docx for final versions of manuscripts to be published in journals like PLoS One. I can quickly import images from ArcGIS or R to add figure captions. Table creation is a breeze. Pages is a great tool, and document syncing makes my life a lot easier. I can jot down some new ideas and paragraphs on my iPad while on a plane, and then continue with a manuscript from my Mac at an office or at home. In short, if your primary needs for a word editor are a place to write and format text, or to add comments or track changes, Pages is fine. About the only limitation I’ve found is the Table of Contents (speficially, having multiples of these). But that is honestly the only setback I have had in the past 4 years of using Pages to prepare manuscripts for publication.
Apple needs to pull their head out - Apple software quality has gone downhill way too far. I’ve been a loyal Apple user for 30 years (yes, even when Apple sucked worse than now), but I’m finally considering ditching anything and everything I own that has that silly little apple icon on it, because it has become a symbol for frustration, poor quality, and inconsistency (things “just not working”). Just read all of the other one-star reviews if you want to know my feeling about this version of the Pages app. Apple has stopped listening to its customers, though. They don’t care about our needs—they only care about the most effective ways to pull cash out of our wallets without us noticing, because they refuse to provide the value for which we’d willingly pay. How dare you destroy the previous purchases of Pages ’09 by disabling it and replacing it with a crippled version? Apple should be sued! Customers didn’t give you permission to delete any software for which they’ve paid, or to remove features after payment. Apple doesn’t care about creatives anymore—they want consumers only!! They figure that companies like Adobe will provide all creative software necessary for Apple’s creative developers. Unfortunately, it means that Apple has abandoned us.
More Reviews for Current Version
Still needs vertical alignment and non-contiguous text selection - This is a good update which has added two good features. However, in order for it to be a real wordprocessor, Pages needs to bring back non-contiguous text selection, and it needs to support vertical alignment. It would also be nice if selecting a page from the thumbnail pane did not deslect whatever one had selected on another page, as this would make text slection over many pages easier. The following bug persists: when I move the cursor to the right side of the screen in full screen mode, which causes the format pane to appear, it is difficult to select a paragraph style from the dropdown menu because it only remains visible for as long as I click. instead it in necessary to double click. However, whenI select “Inspector, Format”, I am able to click and select a style. Please fix this. Keep the updates coming! I now have faith that apple is actually going to make this into a usable product.