Developer: Vlad Badea
Current Version: 1.5
Last Updated: 5 days ago
Download Size: 4.3 MB - Download
PLIST Editor is an easy to use, fast editor for property list (.plist) data. In a clean and uncluttered interface, it allows you to quickly create, visualize, modify, and save your .plist documents.
PLIST Editor can be used as a lightweight alternative to Xcode, having more features, using less disk space, less memory and starting up much faster.
Core features of the application:
• Open property list files which are in XML, binary or OpenStep format.
• Save property list files in XML or binary format.
• Edit the elements of a property list.
• Change the type of the elements.
• Cut, copy, paste, duplicate, delete and reorder the elements.
• Full undo and redo.
• Full support to find and replace text in the property list elements.
• Open and edit the files created using NSKeyedArchiver without any loss of information.
• Support for pasting plist data, either from raw XML or from Xcode.
• Copy elements as Swift objects so you can use them in Xcode.
• Copy elements as Objective-C objects, both modern and classic syntax, so you can use them in Xcode.
• Copy elements as JSON data, both indented and compact JSON.
• Shift elements to left and right.
• Row height which accommodates multi-line text.
• "Add" and "Remove" buttons on the outline item which is selected or tracked by mouse.
• Option in Preferences to choose the default font, along with the font size.
• Option in Preferences to "Alternate Row Colors" in the outline.
• Ability to increase and decrease font size for better readability, per each document individually.
• Full screen support.
• Versions support.
• Option, in Preferences, to disable the Auto Save (and Versions)..
• Detect when the document is changed by another application. In Preferences you have the ability to customize what to do when this happens: "Keep PLIST Editor's version" or "Ask how to resolve" or "Update to modified version".
• PLIST tree's row height now accomodates mult-line text - the rows are sized big enough to show all the lines. This option can be controlled from Preferences.
• Added "Help -> Release Notes" menu item to be easier to check what's been implemented in previous versions of the application.