Developer: Ruben Debeerst
Current Version: 0.8
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 866.9 KB - Download
With PDFBookmarks you can easily manage the bookmarks in your PDF-files. PDFBookmarks can automatically generate entries by scanning the text in the PDF-file, but you can also manually edit all existing entries. The bookmarks are stored as meta-data which is natively supported by the PDF standard. The bookmarks you create with PDFBookmarks will therefore work in any ordinary PDF-reader.
● Scan text of PDF to generate bookmark entries for each headline
● modify list of auto-generated toc-entries by specifying a minimal font-size
● change destination of toc entries using drag & drop or by specifying page numbers
● create bookmarks from selected text
● copy+paste text from the PDF
● manually edit toc entries: add, remove, rename, rearrage, etc.
● modify existing toc entries in your PDF
Please beware of the following restrictions:
● The quality of the auto-generated toc-entries depends on the internal structure of the PDF and may vary from file to file.
● PDFBookmarks has no OCR functionality. If your PDF consists of scanned images, PDFBookmarks will not be able to auto-generate toc-entries.
● Reading and saving PDF files is implemented using PDF-routines provided by Mac OS X (as for example in the Preview-App). As Preview doesn't use the latest PDF-standard to save PDFs, the file size of the PDF may increase.
Please contact me if you find bugs or if you have problems using the app! Thank you.
More Reviews for Current Version
PDF page number - Good at what it does but missing what I would think is an obvious capability: page numbers as you scroll thru the document. When editing a table of contents I need to know what page of the PDF I’m looking at.
Preview can’t see its bookmarks - Maybe I’m missing something and if I’m wrong I’ll change my review, but apparently Preview doesn’t recognize the bookmarks placed by PDFBookmarks. If I can’t see the bookmarks in my main PDF reader on my Mac, this makes the app useless to me.
doesn't work - opening a pdf crashes the application
it works - yay