Current Version: 3.1.1
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 1.8 MB - Download
The purpose of OneWaySync is to safely create mirrors of folders in a simple and quick way.
This tool will sync in only one way, this means the source directory will not be changed and only the destination directory will be affected.
By switching off the option "Delete on Destination" you can keep all files backed up even if it no longer exist on the source directory.
You can also choose whether or not to copy the hidden files and directories.
▪ Configure as many slots as you want with different folders and configurations.
▪ Synchronizations are fast, only the changes are applied.
▪ Option to Quit OneWaySync, Sleep or Shut Down the computer, or execute a custom script once all synchronizations are complete.
▪ Optionally copy only the photos and videos from an iPhoto/Photos Library and neatly organize all files with the structure of your liking.
▪ Export Music, Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos, Home Videos, Podcasts, iTunes U, Audiobooks, Tones, Books and Playlists from your iTunes Library.
▪ Synchronize the Finder's label colors.
▪ Easily queue slots to be synchronized one after another.
▪ Option to delete files on the destination that no longer exist on the source folder.
▪ Option to copy hidden files and directories.
▪ Option to start copying as soon as OneWaySync is executed. (useful for creating schedules to run this tool from iCal for example).
▪ Option to write on log files all the operations perform during the synchronizations.
▪ Safely cancel synchronization at any time. You have the option to continue next time you synchronize.
▪ Mix 2 or more folders by setting the same destination on different slots and turning OFF "Delete on Destination".
▪ Perform multiple synchronizations simultaneously.
▪ Follow folders in case the name or location has changed.
▪ Scriptable, all actions can be automated using Apple Script.
Most Helpful Reviews
Does What It Says It Will Do - I have used this app to copy numerous folders and it has done exactly what it claims it will do - sync the files one way, simply and easily. I have experienced no problems and it has copied each file that it should have copied. This app does for me exactly what I needed. My only suggestion would be an option to sync all the slots at once, rather than one at a time.
Not working for me - The application does not copy all files when it says it does. I can't trust it to backup my data to my external drive so it's pretty much worthless to me.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great Simple Backup App - I was using another more elaborate app for backup previously. (It drove me nuts with its constant sync failures) I switched to OneWaySync. Love its simplicity and effectiveness. Took me a while to straighten out the correct preferences, but I got it eventually. Oktoids tech support was responsive and very helpful. I highly recommend this app to anyone.