Developer: The Omni Group
Current Version: 3.7.2
Last Updated: 9 days ago
Download Size: 72.1 MB - Download
OmniPlan: Project planning made painless. Free 2-week trial.
OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, control costs, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail, update a calendar with your days off, or mix and match. Accept and reject changes one-by-one or all in one go. OmniPlan provides features like Gantt charts, network diagrams, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical path highlighting to let you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
With the free two week trial, you can try all of the features of Standard and Pro without buying anything. After the trial, you can continue to use OmniPlan to view documents for free.
STANDARD FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Network View [NEW!]: Quickly create network diagrams by connecting task nodes based on their interdependent relationships, so you can see the big picture without sweating the small stuff.
• Task View: Add groups, tasks, and milestones while defining important details in the work breakdown outline and watch OmniPlan transform the timeline of your project into a beautiful Gantt chart.
• Smart Scheduling: With two clicks, OmniPlan will analyze and schedule tasks on-the-fly for maximum efficiency, all while keeping your resource schedules and priorities in mind.
• Filtering: Hide unnecessary project details so you can focus on work that matters right now.
• Multiple Baselines: Take snapshots of your schedule, then compare them as your project progresses to make sure you're still on track.
• Split Tasks: Split up your current task and move the remaining work to the future.
• Violation Resolution: If your schedule has a logical impossibility, OmniPlan will find it and suggest the best course of action to restore order.
• Critical Path: Flip a switch to highlight tasks that have the biggest impact on your deadline.
• Exporting: OmniPlan documents can be exported as PDF, CSV, OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, ICS, and more.
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Multi-Project Dashboard [NEW!]: Assemble a beautiful dashboard to review your projects at a glance, and see how busy or idle every team member is across all of them.
• Earned Value Analysis [NEW!]: Time is money! Measure progress at any point in the project and forecast its completion date and final cost, without having to remember all of those EVA formulas.
• Auto-Effort Estimation [NEW!]: Let OmniPlan assign your best and worst estimates to account for every scenario.
• Monte Carlo Simulation [NEW!]: Run multiple simulations in seconds to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence.
• Microsoft Project Import/Export: Open Microsoft Project® 2013 or earlier documents directly in OmniPlan and export to Project 2013.
• HTML Reports: Generate project reports with a single click! We've created gorgeous, customizable HTML templates that are dressed to impress at your next status meeting.
• Publish & Subscribe: Sync your entire project to the Omni Sync Server or to your own WebDAV server. Make changes to your project and sync to see those from your collaborators.
• Change Tracking: Keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes task by task or en masse from your collaborators.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks and automate the things you do over and over.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omniplan.
OmniPlan 3.7.2 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Filtering — Fixed a bug that could prevent filters from saving values for effort, duration, and variance.
• Filtering — OmniPlan no longer allows attempting to sort a filtered flat list.
• Import — Tasks imported from .ooutline files now import in the correct order.
• Inspectors — Restored “0” place holder value to lead/lag field.
• Localizations — The in-app Help is once again localized.
• Microsoft Project Import — Fixed a regression in our Microsoft Project import tool that could cause some .mpp files to fail to import.
• Localizations — Dashboards are fully localized again.
• Network View — Fixed a bug that caused some variables not to update correctly in Network view.
• Performance — Improved Inspector performance when switching between tasks in a large OmniPlan project.
• Resources — OmniPlan now cleans up references to resources that no longer exist in a file (these references could cause OmniPlan to hang or crash).
• Scheduling — Resource leveling no longer ignores project non-working days.
• Scheduling — Tasks now immediately reschedule to a resource’s next working period after a resource is assigned.
• Scheduling — “Resources Work Independently” once again correctly respects earliest resource availability.
• Task Cost — Fixed a bug that caused OmniPlan to fail to read task cost for tasks with fixed durations.
• Stability — Attempting to edit a value in the read-only Hierarchical Title column no longer triggers a crash.
• Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to undo leveling.
• Stability — Addressed a crash computing critical path when a schedule recursion is encountered in projects that share resource loads.
• Stability — Fixed a bug that could cause OmniPlan to crash when opening a file with external dependencies.
• Stability — Selecting “Add Dependent” in the contextual menu no longer triggers a crash.
• Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when outdenting a task that is part of a dependency loop.
• Stability — Fixed a bug that could cause OmniPlan to crash when using Help > Contact Omni to send in an anonymized file.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email [email protected], call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniPlan.
If OmniPlan empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniPlan and make them more productive too.
Most Helpful Reviews
Powerful, flexible and reliable alternative to MSProject! - I’ve spent a lot of time seeking a viable Mac alternative to MS Project, and OmniPlan has grown into precisely that, particularly with OmniPlan 3. I do quite a bit of professional scheduling work (I’m an engineer, granted, not a PM), and find OmniPlan is wholly capable of everything I need from it, including some fairly elaborate estimation and analysis functionality. I continually have to interoperate with MSProject users, and am also very satisfied with OmniPlan 3’s capabilities there. Every version has improved very substantially, yet license and upgrade pricing remain very reasonable (particularly when compared to MSProject itself). I strongly recommend anyone seeking corporate-grade project management and scheduling capabilities on Mac take a look at OmniPlan!