Developer: The Omni Group
Current Version: 7.7
Last Updated: 10 days ago
Download Size: 81.3 MB - Download
Creative productivity. Intuitive Design. Powered by Humans. Free 2-week trial.
Design and build incredible graphics, diagrams, process charts, website and app wireframes—from the painlessly simple to the infinitely complex—inside OmniGraffle 7. Create everything you can imagine in the ultimately scalable and easy-to-use app for precise, beautiful graphics.
IMPORTANT UPGRADE DISCOUNTS FOR CURRENT OMNIGRAFFLE OWNERS:
Discounts and free upgrades to OmniGraffle 7, both Standard and Pro, are only available to those who purchased an earlier version from the App Store. Double-check that you purchased a prior version from the App Store via the “Purchased” tab in the App Store app. If you need help, please email [email protected]
OmniGraffle 7 is an entirely new version with improvements as fine as tweaking individual Bézier points in typography and as broad as the artboards your type is laid out in. Elegantly organize your Infinite Canvas in a brand new Sidebar and improved inspectors.
With the free two week trial, you can try all of the features of Standard and Pro without buying anything. After the trial, you can continue to use OmniGraffle to view documents for free.
NEW FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
- Unified Sidebar: improved interactions with objects, layers, and canvases in a newly organized sidebar.
- Point Editor Tool: Immediate access to each and every point on a shape.
- New Export Panel: With just a few clicks, export your graphics in multiple resolutions, perfectly named and organized. Batch exporting, filling set dimensions, and previews are all included.
- Infinite Canvas: make your canvas expand automatically in one, two, three, or all directions.
- Keyboard Shortcut Sets: customize every menu bar command and tool with your preferred shortcut, or choose from a few different sets from popular apps.
- SVG import: paste in SVG code or import SVG files directly to OmniGraffle.
NEW PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
- Artboard Layers: Use artboards to set up advanced, exportable elements, or as another way to organize your canvas.
- Convert text to shapes: convert text to make tweaks to character shapes or add complex styling.
- Convert lines to shapes: turn a line’s stroke into a shape with easily editable Bézier points.
- Shareable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Artboard Tool
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE WITH IN-APP PURCHASE)
- Visio import/export: Open Microsoft Visio® documents (VSD or VDX) directly in OmniGraffle, as well as Visio stencils (VSS) and templates (VST). Export to Visio XML documents (VDX).
- Shared layers: Easily update common elements that you'd like to display on multiple canvases. Layers can now be toggled between normal and shared.
- New controls specify which edge or center of an object is reflected in the Geometry Inspector. You can set the X and Y coordinates of a selected vertex point.
- Non-destructive shape combinations: Easily create new shapes using combinations of existing shapes (with support for union, intersection, and subtraction). Combined shapes can now be uncombined into their component shapes.
- Resolution-independent Display Scale: When zoom is at 100%, match an Apple point, PostScript point, or screen pixel.
- Photoshop export supports the export of OmniGraffle layers to Photoshop layers.
- Tables: Group shapes using tables, making it easy to add new rows or columns of your template shape.
- Xcode import: Generate a Class diagram of an Xcode project automatically.
For the complete manual, visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! We offer absolutely free tech support: you can reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnigraffle.
OmniGraffle 7.7 is focused on improving SVG import and export. SVG exports now include better metadata and imports support more of the SVG specification. SVG imports and exports both produce more accurate output based on the sample files that users have sent in; thank you!
• Unique IDs — OmniGraffle object IDs are now included on each element (object/group/layer/canvas) when exporting to SVG. Object IDs are unique for each canvas but may change between exports. Use “Show object ID numbers in the Layers tab of the Sidebar” in General preferences to see the ID in OmniGraffle.
• Object Titles — Custom object names are now included in the title element when exporting to SVG. Names can be defined using the Object Data inspector or using the Layers tab of the left sidebar.
• Freehand Stroke — Added support for the Freehand Stroke style in SVG Exports.
• Multiple Text Styles — Improved support for text blocks that contain multiple text styles.
• Font Weight — Adjusted the font-weight attribute that is exported to avoid non-bold fonts in OmniGraffle being mis-interpreted as bold.
• Artboards — Improved support for exporting artboards as SVG.
• Shadows — Improved support for exporting object shadows in SVG Exports.
• Rotated Objects — Fixed a bug that caused rotated objects to be rotated the wrong way when exported to SVG.
• Overlapping Line Endings — Fixed a bug that caused line endings to not draw next to the connecting object when multiple lines overlapped.
• Export Margin — Fixed a bug that prevented the Margin setting in SVG export from being used in the export.
• Custom Gradient Midpoints— Custom gradient midpoint data is now included in SVG output instead of assuming midpoint was at the default 50%.
• Dashed Strokes — Added import support for the stroke-dasharray attribute.
• Transparency — Added import support for the fill-opacity attribute.
• Text Alignment — Improvements to various text alignment issues.
• SVG Transformations — Improved support for nested SVG transform functions.
• Canvas Size Uses viewBox Size — When opening an SVG file in OmniGraffle the canvas size is now defined by the viewBox size in the SVG file.
• Ordering of Mixed Group Objects — Fixed a bug that caused the z-order of objects to be incorrect if grouped objects were followed by ungrouped objects.
• Hidden Layers — The Flexible canvas mode now accounts for hidden layers by only being large enough to contain the visible objects.
• Presentation Mode — Fixed a bug that caused Object Note tooltips to have a dark background after exiting Presentation Mode.
• Nudging Bézier Points — Fixed a bug that caused arrow keys to nudge an entire object when a single Bézier point was selected.
• Multi-selection of Bézier Points — Fixed a bug that prevented the multiple selection of Bézier points when using the Point Editor too.
• Export Selection — Exporting selection is more accurate and no longer creates oversized export areas.
• Pen Tool — Fixed a bug that caused lines to render incorrectly when using the Pen tool and constraining the line angle with the shift key.
• Stencil Window Previews — Fixed a bug that caused some stencil object previews to be cut-off in the grid view of the Stencil Browser.
• Zoom — Fixed a bug that prevented zoom level changes from applying to all selected canvases (would only apply to the visible canvas).
• Page Number Variable — Fixed a bug that caused the Page Number variable to report incorrect page numbers when the page was in negative coordinate space.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email [email protected], call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @omnigraffle.
If OmniGraffle empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniGraffle and make them more productive too.
Most Helpful Reviews
Outstanding and So Much Better Than Visio - I have been using Omnigraffle for many years and through a number of versions. I also use Omnigraffle 2 for iPad. I am a Solution Architect and part time Mobile Developer. Needless to say I use both the MacOS and IOS extensively. While the user interface is different than Visio’s (what some consider an industry standard), I prefer Omni’s design. Some of the reasons are: intuitive to MacOS users, sensible grouping in the inspectors, awesome new image printing with the art boards, rapid prototyping (to my knowledge this doesn’t exist in Visio), single click for the most common tools, and many more. Considering the last the current price of Visio Pro is just under $600 and the pro version of Omnigraffle is at most $199 (upgrade from previous pro is only $99) and you have the best technical drawing tool out there. Well done again Omnigroup!
Upgraded to High Sierra and Now they want $100 more to be able to use it. - This is unbelievable. I upgraded to High Sierra and the older version I already bought and paid for no longer works. They offer a discount to get the new version that will work, but it’s still $100 for a program that quite frankly is pretty limited in scope. It’s a great program to use, but I shoudn’t have to buy it twice in the span of a couple of years. This is what is wrong with the computer industry today. They want to take your money and price gouge. I have files I have to update regularly and now I can’t. Other reputable companies will allow you to upgrade for free or support older versions—because it’s the right thing to do. I’m so disappointed with you Omnigroup!