Developer: The Omni Group
Current Version: 2.8.3
Last Updated: 23 days ago
Download Size: 27.5 MB - Download
Live a productive, contextual life with OmniFocus 2 for Mac. Keep work and play separated with contexts, perspectives, and Focus. Ignore the irrelevant, focus on what you can do now, and accomplish more. And do it all much faster than before.
OmniFocus' interface was designed and organized around your data—your stuff—to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas into and out of the app, whether you’re using Getting Things Done™ (GTD™) or any other productivity system. It's powerful enough to use on its own, and syncs through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iOS and Apple Watch).
OmniFocus 2 features everything you need to seriously get stuff done:
• Reliable sync with NEW push triggering using our free service or your own server. Keep your entire database at your fingertips by syncing with OmniFocus for iOS and Apple Watch (available from the App Store as a separate purchase).
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Customizable Layout: Choose a fluid view that automatically shows and hides fields as needed, or use Custom Columns for scannable, tabular lists.
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you need to get the task accomplished
• NEW Customize OmniFocus' look with the colors and fonts of your choosing.
• Sharing Extension captures content from any app that has a Share button
• Today Extension shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Collect from anything that can send email—Omni Sync Server’s Mail Drop adds items directly to your OmniFocus Inbox
• Attach (or link to) important reference material.
• Open the Forecast perspective to see your due items for each day alongside events from your OS X Calendar.
• The Review perspective (NEW IN 2) makes sure nothing falls through the cracks.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful. Pro is available via In-App Purchase and free to customers who purchased OmniFocus 1 from the Mac App Store:
• Custom Perspectives: save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and home screen just like you customize your iOS Device's home screen.
• AppleScript support enables all kinds of cool workflows.
• Focus feature lets you block out stuff that isn't immediately actionable.
• Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
For more information, please watch the video on our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on Twitter at @omnifocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and get more done.
OmniFocus 2.8.3 fixes bugs and adds awareness of a change to the way we handle attachments (coming in v2.9).
• Crash — Fixed a crash pasting TaskPaper text that had @autodone or @parallel tags with no values (ignoring them instead).
• Future File Formats — Updated OmniFocus’ “capabilities” system to provide more helpful errors when an un-parseable database is encountered.
• Localizations — Updated localizations.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email [email protected], call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Most Helpful Reviews
Worth every penny - I was surprised by the audacity that some developer had in putting apps in the App Store with a price tag like this - for a to-do app no less. But then I learned a thing or two and couldn’t recommend the OmniFocus platform more highly. I first came across it in the iOS App Store for the iPhone and couldn’t imagine paying $20 for a glorified checklist. I am eating my words right now. I slowly started making use of OmniFocus for Mac and iPhone and as I learned how to harness it, it became more and more useful to me. This is no mere checklist or to-do app. It is a task manager of the highest caliber. The OmniGroup doesn’t put out trash. I have since bought this app on my iPad, as well as all the pro versions. Not everyone needs all of the functionality of OmniFocus, nor does everyone need the pro versions, but it scales remarkably well. It can function as a beautiful and very useful to-do list manager, or it can be a turbocharged GTD system fed by Applescripts and a busy schedule. I have used to-do list apps that simply didn’t cut it for me, but I don’t think I’ll ever get to the point in my life where OmniFocus wouldn’t be useful and still have more to discover. The OmniGroup should be proud of the work they do on their applications. I couldn’t recommend them any higher.
Disappointment. DO NOT BUY. No Tags. No Multiple contexts. - This company does not listen to their customers. We have been posting comments on their blog asking for tags and multiple contexts for years. They are still not there. Only the dumb FLAG thing which means that you have to manually change all your flags if you need to tag in a different way. The whole context thing is very restrictive. Perhaps Focus feature in PRO version for another $40 will address some of the failures that result from NO TAGS.
More Reviews for Current Version
There is no other - Omnifocus is an amazingly capable tool for organizing projects. It is not the simplest—I needed to search their forums more than once to get my ideal configuration set up—but it’s amazingly capable. I have a short attention span and this tool has helped me get my life under control. I’ve been using it for three or four years now, and I’ve become more satisfied with the product the longer I’ve used it. Recommended.