Current Version: 1.0.1
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 866.9 KB - Download
Git version control made simple.
Octopus is a git version control client designed to help you focus on your work, but not your tools.
- Single window interface optimized for easy workflow
- Integration with most merging tools
- Easy integration with most editing tools
- Supports authentication
- Drag n' Drop Support for most actions
- Supports all git-protocols
- Full File History Support
- Native display of diffs
- Merging-, Cherry-Pick-, Reset-, Rebasing-, Tagging- and Stashing Functionality
Learn more about Octopus at www.getoctopusapp.com
- Adds 'Reveal Repository in Finder' functionality
- Adds 'Choose Binary' for editors if not found automatically
- Fixes crashes caused by update of developer tools and move of git binary
- Small bugfixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Decent Start - This is a decent start to a Git client. The interface takes a little while to adjust to, but once you get it, it is an elegant git client to use. This client is good for the basics of Git, and for smaller projects. It currently lacks the more robust features. My main issue is that it feels like the focus is on how it looks, not on providing functionality. The little modal windows are not resizable, even though they are the only way to modify the .gitconfig and .gitignore. It's also only good for existing repositories. If you create a new one with it, there's no easy way to add a remote. Some features that would make this a better git client are: -Ability to add remotes without modifying the .gitconfig directly or entering the command line -Ability to click on files and add them to the .gitignore file -Being able to choose different text editors (seems like the list is preprogrammed in) -Resizable modal windows It's really good for an initial release, but it has a few major features to add before being able to compete with the older git clients.
don't buy this - terrbily, unbelievably slow when browsing a commit with big list of changes