OOTP Baseball 18
Developer: Out of the Park Developments
Current Version: 18.8.76
Last Updated: 17 days ago
Download Size: 1.2 GB - Download
Out of the Park Baseball 18 - the follow-up to Metacritic's PC Game of the Year 2016 and officially licensed through MLB.com and the MLBPA - is a baseball fan's dream come true!
"OOTP is an astonishing accomplishment!" - Boston Red Sox Principal Owner John W. Henry
Step into the shoes of a GM and/or field manager to own the future or rewrite the past of your favorite real-world baseball franchise. Build the team the way you want to. Start a new career with your favorite 2017 MLB team or span through almost 150 years of baseball history and run any team from the past! You can even set up your own fictional baseball universe or compete in online leagues against other OOTP players. The possibilities in OOTP 18 are endless.
The brand new 2017 MLB roster set will include all projected Opening Day MLB rosters as well as the complete minor league system down to the rookie leagues and even future draft classes. Can the Chicago Cubs repeat as World Series winners?
On top of this, 8 international leagues (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Italy, The Netherlands, Mexico and Cuba) and several international and US independent leagues return to OOTP 18 with accurate and projected 2017 rosters.
Dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy. You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing play by play or even pitch by pitch. OOTP players progress realistically over time. Build a team through the draft, or sign big free agents to put you over the top!
New Features in OOTP 18 include:
- Experience a new game mode in OOTP 18: Challenge! This mode is available for newly created leagues (standard / historical / fictional) and adds a unique twist, along with new rewards, while playing OOTP. Your achievements are tracked in an (optional) online profile. Are you the best OOTP manager on the planet?
- Improved 3D Mode & Game Highlight Reels. With even more ballpark detail than before and enhanced player animations, the 3D game mode in OOTP has taken another leap forward.
- New Tournamanets & Fall Leagues. Set up your own national or international tournaments, choose from different tournament modes, and manage your favorite nation to international glory.
- Historical Negro Leagues. With the help of Seamheads.com, our historical database experts have been able to add most Negro leagues seasons to the historical minor league feature of Out of the Park Baseball 18.
- Redesigned Injury System. Injuries in OOTP 18 has been reworked to be more realistic and interesting.
- Team Promotion & Relegation Support. Create a challenging new league setup where teams fight for promotion and try to defend against relegation to a lower league level.
- The ability to retain player salaries in trades.
- Improved AI throughout the game, for a more challenging experience than ever.
- Beautiful new interface design with three different skins.
- Improved player morale / team chemistry system
- Improved player creation & development system
- Improved game recaps, enhanced play-by-play text and league news
- And much more...
Out of the Park Baseball 18 is here. Greatness has no boundaries!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION - MLBPA trademarks and copyrighted works, including the MLBPA logo, and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPA’s written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.
- Improved sim module with more options for simming playoff series
- Fixed issue with importing rosters and having "do not allow AI moves" flag set
- Fixed last year ticket price display issue
- Fixed not respecting number of draft rounds
- Fixed crash if game minimized while bullpen dialog open
- Fixed issue with setting no cap on amateur FA
- Fixed issue with placing minor league players on the major league 60-day DL
- Players may now be sent to rehab assignment before the minor league seasons have begun
- Added team and MLB totals to player batting and pitching stats pages
- Fixed expansion draft scheduling for historical games to not conflict with rookie draft
- Fixed issue with resetting beard frequency
- Fielding ratings will no longer be reset to a 200 internal value in the player development code if manually edited to values exceeding 200
- Other bug and cosmetic fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Computer Overheats - This is a great game and all, but could you guys help make an update that makes sure that a computer doesn’t overheat, and make the computer lose battery so quickly>
More Reviews for Current Version
Possibly the best baseball simulation game ever. - Possibly the best baseball simulation game ever. That being said I recommend you set the game to auto save monthly as I have had occasional crashes especially when the game updates some files which happens periodically throughout the game. File updates also seem much slower than in OOTP Baseball 17. The games still requires some fine tuning by the developer.