Developer: Dmitry NIKOLAEV
Current Version: 2.0.6
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 2.9 MB - Download
New version of popular calculator for Mac with Yosemite support
Numi calculator magically combines calculations and text, and allows you to share your computations with other users.
Here's how it works. Type text, or simply paste it in. For example, you could type something like this:
50 apps * $1.99 each + 3 apps * $4.99 + Photoshop for $600
Numi gracefully adds up all the numbers for you, and displays the result on the right-hand side. Of course, it can handle more complex math than the simple example above. Either way, you don’t have to rewrite what you enter — whether it is text, numbers, or comments — Numi automatically understands and computes what you write.
New features added in version 2:
• Two modes: You can choose between dock mode or menu-bar mode.
• Accessible results: All your results are available for copying with just one click over them. When you copy text from Numi to another application, the results will be copied, as well.
• New functions: The application supports a full set of arithmetic and trigonometric functions. Special operations for better handling percentage are a big plus.
• Variables: Automate your calculation workflow. Use variables for automatic recalculations and more convenient calculations without needing to submit new values.
• Global Shortcut: Being able to quick launch app with global shortcut saves you time and makes all your calculations within reach.
• Customizable fonts: Configure fonts you like to see for each mode.
• Configurable precision: Numi uses the maximum available accuracy during calculations. You can configure the number of decimal places to display.
• All Text features: Add comments, or titles right inside your calculations. Numi comes packed with all the benefits of a text editor: copy, paste, undo, and fast navigation.
• Autosave: You don't lose your calculations upon exit. All your calculations are automatically saved after exit, and will be loaded when you relaunch.
• Auto-format: The program automatically formats the text, calculations and results, thus ensuring better display and readability.
• Totals: Automatic calculation of the totals for all the results is recalculated automatically. In order to get a grand total, it's as simple as writing "Total".
• Optimized for retina displays.
"It's very cool and makes simple, common calculations very easy and fun." - Lifehacker
"But every now and again we bump into an app so elegant, so useful, so pleasant that we’d sign a petition for Apple to include it in the next version of OS X." — Mac360
"What it does, is let you solve problems like they were word problems." — Addictive Tips
"The Magic Calculator That Blends Math with Text." - Mac AppStorm
OS X Yosemite support
Most Helpful Reviews
Math hates me. - So I struggle with math sometimes. I know I am not the only one. The trouble is that I need to calculate things many times a day, and every time it is a chore. Yeah, I can dig out the calculator or use the dashboard one, and that’s easy enough. But with Numi that seems like such a chore now. Let me give you just a single example of how Numi has made the dreaded math easier. Example one: I do graphic design. One of the products I offer is printing, but I don’t do the printing myself, I resell it. Sometimes a (potential or current) client wants pricing info. The thing is that there are so many variables even BEFORE I apply a mark-up and I am looking at my wholesale pricing online while on the phone. Enter Numi. I can type in plain english while talking and Numi keeps it all straight. I can change values on the fly and have updated calculations in real-time (instead of having to recalculate everything). I can also assign variables while I go too so that when one of the options change, all of the remaining calculations change along with it. (I’d like to see a regular calculator do that!) And when all is said and done I have an organized set of notes in natural language with all of the math complete. If the client wants to think about it, I can copy and paste the entire result into an email and voila! an instant estimate. Befor numi I would use the calculator and my billing software. It wasn’t all that hard, but compared to Numi it was a tedious chore. And that’s just one single example of 20 minutes of work condensed down to less than 5 minutes because of this app. So much more can be accomplished. I am surprised that there are not more reviews of this app. Maybe it’s new? Numi is one of those apps that is focused on doing one thing and doing that one thing well. Well done dev, and thanks for the fine work.
No print option - Idea is good, but options are very basic… It is not worth full price if there is no print / export / share options nor any intelligent tutorial.
More Reviews for Current Version
Worth it... - Today because it’s free, but have been running a beta of their new app and its far better :)
Love it, needs an iOS counterpart that syncs - Great calculator and running list that you can have always open and save persistently to refer back to. I always have open calculations going, so this is perfect. I use this to track my expenditures from my credit cards and pay them off individually, tracking them in Simple transaction-by-transaction. This is the PERFECT calculating solution to keep everything in one place. The only thing I’m missing is being able to do this on the go, in addition to when I’m on my Mac. If there was a Numi for iOS that synced to this app, I would be in heaven. HEAVEN.