Current Version: 4.1.1
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 172.8 MB - Download
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Most Helpful Reviews
Numbers is just as good as Excel - Don’t buy Excel…save your money and give Numbers a chance. It only takes a few minutes to learn all the subtleties but there really isn’t a difference to Excel. All the formulas are the same and once you learn the layout of the program you won’t notice a difference. Apple should really promote their iWork apps more because they really are just as good, if not better than Office! I thought I needed to buy Office with my new mac but after giving their iWork apps a chance, they saved me $100!
Worthless compared to the pervious numbers - I am beyond frustrated with this version of numbers for several reasons that continue to disrupt my work and take me twice as long to do something. 1. Working in Print Preview is a MUST!!! - Why would I want to create a document without knowing how it lays on a page? That alone makes this version worthless to me. The first time I tried to work on 70 page data sheet and couldn’t find the print preview so I could veiw the pages, I nearly had a stroke and immediately clamored for my previous version of numbers! 2. That I cannot open a file from icloud or one that was opened in Numbers 3.2 without exporting as a Numbers ’09 file. That is ridiculous, and that doesn’t even work sometimes. I am currently trying to open a file (that I exported back into Numbers ’09 and now nothing opens. 3. I dislike the editing features, I rather have the pop up inspector box then use the current style. This could be because I am so accustomed to the previous menus that I ned to get used to it, but at this point I don’t have any motivation to try to learn it when the are so many disappointing features. Cannot open most .exl files I have downloaded. So thats annoying. I am sure there are more but these are the ones currently frustrating me and which have compelled to my write my first review in the APP store. My basic feelings towards this version are BOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.
More Reviews for Current Version
I agree with KnashingTeeth - I can’t get the down load I’m stuck with 3.6.2 & all I get is the wheel & NADA ! Why is there not a update option in the Bar ? What IS going on ? the “nick name is obviously to keep reviews from being posted !
Update - Will not download
What is so different with this version that you need macOS Sierra? - Hello Apple Inc, for several reasons, not everyone can or want to update to Sierra which is the required minimum macOS version for this Numbers update. I personally use more than one Macintosh, a 2009 MacPro running ElCapitan that can’t update to Sierra, a 2015 MacBookPro that is updated to Sierra, an iPad3 running iOS 9.3.5 (can't update to iOS10) and an iPhone7+ running iOS10.3.1. When I opened a numbers document in my MacBookPro running Sierra, it converts that document to 4.1.1 and I can no longer open the document in my MacPro which is very frustrating. As you can see, you made it very difficult for me to use Numbers with this update. It’s like tricking your customer to ditch their older 2009 MacPro to run the latest numbers spreadsheet (2009 is not old, I have 10 years + widows PC that continues to work with Windows 10). So now I’m thinking of ditching iWorks alltogether and go Office 2016, at least I have the confidence that Office 2016 will continue to work with all my devices. This is only one of many increasing frustrations I have with Apple devices and it continuous to pile up. FYI, I have been using Apple products since the 90s. My whole family uses a ton of Apple devices. My 17 yr old daughter uses a 2013 MacBookPro, iPhone 6+, Watch and iPadAir2. My wife uses a 2011 MacBookPro (still getting used to ElCap and not into changing macOS every year), an iPhone5, Macbook mid 2007 and an 8-core MacPro 2006 (running old accounting app) both upgraded to SSD but stuck in Lion 10.7.5 hell. Stop the silly 2010 model minimum requirement to run the latest macOS, 7 year old computers w/ 12 core Xeon CPU and 16GB memory is still very capable and I find it ridiculous that I can’t install Sierra on this machine. This is not the way you treat your loyal customers!
Good Update to Numbers - I recently downloaded the latest update to numbers. I was very glad to see that Apple finally added an easy to use Stock function (and a Stock spreadsheet template) to download stock quotes real time. This is great. I don’t have to mess around with difficult to use macros in other brands spreadsheets. IMHO this was long overdue and is a great addition. I can now create a stock spreadsheet on my Mac at home and then make accessable to my mobile devices through the cloud and have all of my customized inforrmation whereever I go. I will definitely be using Numbers more often now.
the update problem - I was going to write a really angry comment to Apple because of this problem. I was having the same issue with my pages and keynotes apps as well. Very frustrating because when I need them I need them right then. Any way I went to my hard drive and found the updated apps in my application folder. I removed the older versions from the dock and put the new ones on the dock instead. I had no problem pulling up my documents in numbers this time. I just hope I remember this the next time I get a message that I need the updates. I always stay current with my updates. Hope this helps anyone with the update problems.. It worked for me