Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Use the new My Stocks template to easily track your portfolio
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
• New leader lines make pie charts easier to read
• Easily replace fonts throughout an entire spreadsheet
• While collaborating on a spreadsheet, you can now cut, copy, paste, and duplicate sheets
• Customize dates, times, and currencies for your language or region
Most Helpful Reviews
Numbers is just as good as Excel - Don’t buy Excel…save your money and give Numbers a chance. It only takes a few minutes to learn all the subtleties but there really isn’t a difference to Excel. All the formulas are the same and once you learn the layout of the program you won’t notice a difference. Apple should really promote their iWork apps more because they really are just as good, if not better than Office! I thought I needed to buy Office with my new mac but after giving their iWork apps a chance, they saved me $100!
Worthless compared to the pervious numbers - I am beyond frustrated with this version of numbers for several reasons that continue to disrupt my work and take me twice as long to do something. 1. Working in Print Preview is a MUST!!! - Why would I want to create a document without knowing how it lays on a page? That alone makes this version worthless to me. The first time I tried to work on 70 page data sheet and couldn’t find the print preview so I could veiw the pages, I nearly had a stroke and immediately clamored for my previous version of numbers! 2. That I cannot open a file from icloud or one that was opened in Numbers 3.2 without exporting as a Numbers ’09 file. That is ridiculous, and that doesn’t even work sometimes. I am currently trying to open a file (that I exported back into Numbers ’09 and now nothing opens. 3. I dislike the editing features, I rather have the pop up inspector box then use the current style. This could be because I am so accustomed to the previous menus that I ned to get used to it, but at this point I don’t have any motivation to try to learn it when the are so many disappointing features. Cannot open most .exl files I have downloaded. So thats annoying. I am sure there are more but these are the ones currently frustrating me and which have compelled to my write my first review in the APP store. My basic feelings towards this version are BOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.
More Reviews for Current Version
Cannot Update - I cannot update Numbers or Pages. I get the continuous rotating star of death. I am also unable to open some of my shared documents now. Please come up with a fix!
OK for toy projects - OK for toy projects but not as a professional tool.
So much potential, so many missing features. - One review, I just read, claims that Numbers has more than 99% of the features of Excel. That is just like saying that a Chevy Volt has 99% of the features of a McLaren P1. That may be true from a certain view point, but it doesn’t mean that they can both get you where you are going with the same comfort and speed. In business, it is all about the right features. Big problem - Numbers doesn’t allow scripting when opened on IPad. The need to do scripting in spreadsheets is not a corner case exception. Come on Apple! Get your story straight. Is it a real business computer or just a slick toy? Apple, it is time to step up your game. Make your “Essential” software good. Surface pros are raising the stakes quickly. I gave it a two star, because it is a very nice looking app, and I think the way Numbers allows separate tables in one sheet is a killer feature. Too bad it isn’t a serious business tool, but rather a half abandoned old technology being maintained by the “C” team in engineering.
New update makes program crash - I have no idea what you did with this new version, but it is horrible. The program crashes all the time! Everytime I click duplicate, it crashes. I’m not sure how I’m supposed to even work in it at all anymore, and sadly I use it all day long for work. PLEASE FIX THIS QUICKLY! Update: Now I can’t even open my previous files which contains all of my customers quotes, I have no way of confiming prices that I quoted them or working new quotes. This program is completely worthless to me as of now and has put a HUGE straign on my job. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED RIGHT AWAY!!!!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE UPDATE?!?!?! - I cannot open my budget spreadsheet since the update. I attempt to open it and it crashes every time. Thankfully, my MacBook Air has not updated to the new system and I can access it on the laptop…but my desktop does not work at all. Please fix the bugs with this new upgrade ASAP.