Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets.
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Enhance your spreadsheets using a library of over 500 professionally drawn shapes
• Reply to comments and join threaded conversations
• Support for print preview in collaborative spreadsheets
• New auto-correction and text replacement options save time while typing
• The Insert Stock Quote feature and the Stock and Currency functions now return data from the previous market day’s close.
Most Helpful Reviews
Numbers is just as good as Excel - Don’t buy Excel…save your money and give Numbers a chance. It only takes a few minutes to learn all the subtleties but there really isn’t a difference to Excel. All the formulas are the same and once you learn the layout of the program you won’t notice a difference. Apple should really promote their iWork apps more because they really are just as good, if not better than Office! I thought I needed to buy Office with my new mac but after giving their iWork apps a chance, they saved me $100!
Worthless compared to the pervious numbers - I am beyond frustrated with this version of numbers for several reasons that continue to disrupt my work and take me twice as long to do something. 1. Working in Print Preview is a MUST!!! - Why would I want to create a document without knowing how it lays on a page? That alone makes this version worthless to me. The first time I tried to work on 70 page data sheet and couldn’t find the print preview so I could veiw the pages, I nearly had a stroke and immediately clamored for my previous version of numbers! 2. That I cannot open a file from icloud or one that was opened in Numbers 3.2 without exporting as a Numbers ’09 file. That is ridiculous, and that doesn’t even work sometimes. I am currently trying to open a file (that I exported back into Numbers ’09 and now nothing opens. 3. I dislike the editing features, I rather have the pop up inspector box then use the current style. This could be because I am so accustomed to the previous menus that I ned to get used to it, but at this point I don’t have any motivation to try to learn it when the are so many disappointing features. Cannot open most .exl files I have downloaded. So thats annoying. I am sure there are more but these are the ones currently frustrating me and which have compelled to my write my first review in the APP store. My basic feelings towards this version are BOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.
More Reviews for Current Version
This update make Numbers even smoooother!!! - I was having a problem where open large text and photo base number files. Now number open, edit and save very smoooooth. Thank you Apple!!
Stocks are frozen in yesterday’s market Totally useless for stock tracking - I loved the new stocks tool introduced in the previous version, however after the update the stocks are frozen in yesterday’s market, no real time updates. Totally useless for stock tracking. I’m wondering how to return to previous version.
So Much Cleaner Than Microsoft Excel - It doesn’t have as many features as Exce but It’s so much easier to use than Excel and also so much cleaner. You don’t have that stupid ribbon tabbar bar at the top where have the buttons are grayed out anywhere, if you need a tool it will come up when you select the object/table your working on. Also if you are working with basic functions the function helper is Amazing.
Numbers Version 4.2 - After installing this update, all the Comments in my workbooks are messed up and incorrect. Be warned, especially if you make a lot of comments on worksheets
Please bring back updating stock quotes! - I loved the new stock quote integration feature of Numbers! I understand where live updating may be too expensive, but the new version only updates prices from the previous day’s close. This is near useless. Perhaps Apple could update quotes with a 15-20 minute delay? Anything more frequent than the previous day’s close would be appreciated. Otherwise, great app. I love working on my spreadsheets across all of my devices.