Developer: Novawave Inc.
Current Version: 1.1.1
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 1.5 MB - Download
Test the performance of your Mac quickly with Novabench. Testing generally takes only 1-2 minutes, and produces detailed information and an overall system score.
Results can be submitted to Novabench.com for comparison with other systems.
· Floating Point Test - Tests CPU's floating point arithmetic speed
· Integer Test - Tests CPU's integer arithmetic speed
· MD5 Hashing Speed - General CPU test
· 3D Graphics Test - Tests GPU performance
· RAM Speed - Tests RAM read and write speed
· Disk Write Speed - Test write speed of primary storage device
- Updated branding and artwork
- Show notification when testing is finished
- Fixed CPU clock speed display bug in some configurations
- Fixed GPU name display bug in some configurations
- Fixed opening System Information app
- Improved retina display support
- Misc. improvements and bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally - A quick benchmarking tool for Mac that doesn't take an hour to run, and gives you a quick comparison to other system. Great for troubleshooting and optimizing. Thanks!
Inaccurate for CPU - I was watching my CPU activity durring the test, and it was only utilizing ONE THREAD! My i7 has EIGHT threads! This test is rubbish.
More Reviews for Current Version
no comprehensive comparison - the diescription states that it is possible to compare results. I can only compare with top results and no details are visible. Whats the point? I need to compare with the results from another similar machine and see if there is something wrong with my memory or hard drive
Great for simple statistics - I used this for my school science fair project and it was perfect. It gave my simple data that I was able to compare with my other computers. It was also great that it worked with a computers running Windows and a Mac so I could compare the two. Overall this is an great software and I highly recommend it.