Developer: Nuclear Nova Software
Current Version: 1.150
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 141.3 MB - Download
Welcome to Nova Golf, the finest golfing game on the Mac! A followup to the award winning game GL Golf, Nova Golf is sure to keep you entertained and immersed for countless hours. Redesigned from the ground up, Nova Golf has everything both casual/hardcore gamers and frequent/weekend golfers could want.
• Realistic ball physics - Everyone will enjoy the simple realism while avid golfers will be able to shape every shot and watch the ball react to all surfaces and lies
• Stunning 3D graphics - Nova Golf adapts to each computer for the best image quality while always maintaining a smooth framerate
• Unique courses - Locations from around the world feature distinct styles of both play and appearance. You'll know if you're in the Pennsylvania forest, Arizona desert, or on the Scottish coastline
• Customizable characters - Level up five playing statistics while managing each avatar's wardrobe and physical appearance
• Career mode - Play as both an amateur and professional and progress by winning the required qualifiers and tournaments
• Multiplayer - Challenge up to three of your friends and play at the same time
• Purchase custom clubs and golf balls using both virtual currency earned in game and through In-App Purchase
• High replay value - No hole is the same when varying the white/blue/green tees, five pin locations, and three environmental difficulty settings
• Custom music made specifically for Nova Golf
• Best rounds list for each course/difficulty setting
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.7+, CPU Speed - 2.2 GHz, Memory - 2GB+, Video Ram - 256MB+
Recommended Requirements: Mac OS 10.8+, CPU Speed - 2.5 GHz, Memory - 4GB+, Video Ram - 512MB+
Notice: The following integrated video chipsets are not supported - Intel GMA 950 and Intel GMA X3100. These are found in the Mac Mini(2006, 2007), iMac(2006), Macbook(2006, 2007, 2008), and Macbook Air(2008). The following video chipsets may require lower graphics setting and/or may run slower than anticipated in certain circumstances - ATI Radeon X1600, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT. Experiment with the settings screen to find the best quality/speed balance for your individual system.
If you like Nova Golf, make sure to check out Nuclear Nova's other games, all available for the Mac/iPhone/iPad/iPod.
• GL Golf, the predecessor to Nova Golf, is still actively developed and has over 35 unique courses! Thousands of golfers are posting scorecards online every day with this golf classic
• Pinball Shuffle and Pinball Massacre are two unique comic book arcade style pinball tables
• Barnyard Blaster is a unique shooter with plenty of weapons, animals, and environments
• Rocket Golf gives golf a new twist with its unique 2D side scrolling gameplay
• Liquid Defense, Hydrothermal, and Escape are our three classic puzzle/simulator games
• Fractal 3D and ASCII Art are our first non-game apps
Added a new course available with in-app purchase (Nova Golf)
Fixed wind arrow direction
Fixed pin location on Spyglass Ridge hole 4 (Nova Golf)
Compatible with Mac OS 10.11+ (Mac)
Most Helpful Reviews
Solid Golf - I've played a ton of golf games. This one is rock solid. And best of all it doesn't baby the user with gimmiky touch based swinging. Finally, a golf game for golfers.
Closes - Fix the bug it closes everytime I try to open it. Dont wanna pay for things like that.
More Reviews for Current Version
Casual Fun - Been playing this for a year or so and really enjoy it. It isn’t a perfect, ultra serious golf sim, but a casual game that’s easy to get started and easy to improve with practice. Unlike other reviewers, I have not found the need to spend any extra money…simply play through the tournaments to gain experience points which improve your accuracy, distance, putting, etc. The graphics are fine (although there are occasional shots where the ball either becomes invisible or seems to float - the only reason I won’t give the app 5 stars), the controls are simple and intuitive, and you can play a round in 20 minutes or so once you get the hang of it. This is one of the few games that has lasting value for me and hasn’t been forgotten about in a week or two.
AWFUL INTERFACE. - It is obvious the 10 year old programmers of this app never played golf. Don’t waste your money on this piece of junk.