Notebook - Take Notes, Sync
Developer: Zoho Corporation
Current Version: 3.0.1
Last Updated: 11 days ago
Download Size: 47.2 MB - Download
Beautifully simple. Simply the best note-taking app for Mac.
Take notes, create checklists, record audio, capture moments with Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Mobile apps and a Web Clipper are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once cards is opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls the headline or page title of any link, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
We've brought mobile-inspired gestures to the Mac. Navigate Notebook without a single click.
- Hover over notebooks and note cards; two finger swipe for more information, or to lock or delete.
- Pinch in and out to open and close notebooks and note card groups.
- Use two fingers to flick through grouped note cards.
CUSTOMIZE & ORGANIZE
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own by simply dragging an image onto a notebook.
- Color code your notes by choosing from one of our pre-made colors, or by choosing your own.
- Organize note cards into notebooks; group note cards that go together.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
SYNC, SECURE & SEARCH
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Begin taking a note on one device, add to it from another later.
- Lock individual notes and notebooks with Touch ID or passcodes.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
Touch Bar runs through Notebook, providing contextual navigation options throughout the app.
- Change views and create note cards directly from the Touch Bar.
- Each note card comes with its own set of contextual Touch Bar options.
- Change notebook covers or note card colors from the Touch Bar.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
We've improved your experience with the app by squashing away a few bugs.
Most Helpful Reviews
Evernote good bye! - As some of the previous reviewers, I am using this app as an Evernote replacement. This app works great, very functional, please create a worthy doc editor, page # options would be so so nice. A web clipper would be fantastic. But the drawing section is my favorite to take quick notes or just to doodle. Checkboxes I use for shopping. Combining notes is fantastic, love the colors and the notebooks, I just love this app. Please work on it to make it even better - the suggestions by others are great, no need to repeat them. I just deleted my Evernote account and looking forward to using this smooooooth app! One important note - please pay particular attention to sync. I would love if I could share a document/note with someone and we could instantaneously and simultaneously collaborate on notes and drawings.
Do not get this app - CAN I RATE THIS 0 STARS?? The app itself is nice and visually appealing but under the hood, it’s functionality is terrible and the sync service is even worse. I was working in the app not long ago and all of a sudden it deletes every single note I have. This has happened twice and the first time I thought it was a fluke, but I decided to keep using it. This time I am done for sure with this app. I heavily suggest to all of you never to get this app. Switch back to Evernote or something else. They might not be as visually appealing but at least you won’t lose all of your data. Did I mention there’s no way to recover or back up your data throught the app? Don’t even get me started on how you can’t add any files or anything to your notes. Save yourself a lot of pain and DO NOT GET THIS APP.
More Reviews for Current Version
Fantastic! - This is a great app and really makes taking notes in school a lot easier. One recommendation I have for the company (if you’re reading this) is to add colors and fonts. If you right click one highlighted text you can change the font, but it doesn’t save like that. Please fix this and make changing color of the text avalible, it would really make this app even more fun.
Best App for Notes- And I Promise, I’ve Tested A LOT - Wonderful app for taking notes. Wonderfully organized, you can create notebooks for each topic or subtopic even if one desired and as a means of knowing each journal upon looking at it, you can use pre-created imagery for the cover of individual journals or you can upload your own. I love One Note but it has become increasingly frustrating since it became associated with the limitations of microsofts failed “one drive”- I wish Mac had an equivilent to one note as it does for the majority of the word suite. But, as of now, this is the best one I’ve yet to use and I think I am done searching unless a flaw appears. And trust me; I’ve tried A LOT of apps for note taking as research and notes are a huge part of my daily life. This is a great deal; especially for FREE and no annoying hidden prices that I see. So thank you to the developers! I’d only ask for subsections to be added so that 1 journal can have many topics. If it has this and I’m missing it, please correct me :) Thank you!