Notebook - Take Notes, Sync
Developer: Zoho Corporation
Current Version: 3.1
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 81.3 MB - Download
Beautifully simple. Simply the best note-taking app for Mac.
Take notes, create checklists, record audio, capture moments with Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Mobile apps and a Web Clipper are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once cards is opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls the headline or page title of any link, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
We've brought mobile-inspired gestures to the Mac. Navigate Notebook without a single click.
- Hover over notebooks and note cards; two finger swipe for more information, or to lock or delete.
- Pinch in and out to open and close notebooks and note card groups.
- Use two fingers to flick through grouped note cards.
CUSTOMIZE & ORGANIZE
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own by simply dragging an image onto a notebook.
- Color code your notes by choosing from one of our pre-made colors, or by choosing your own.
- Organize note cards into notebooks; group note cards that go together.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
SYNC, SECURE & SEARCH
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Begin taking a note on one device, add to it from another later.
- Lock individual notes and notebooks with Touch ID or passcodes.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
Touch Bar runs through Notebook, providing contextual navigation options throughout the app.
- Change views and create note cards directly from the Touch Bar.
- Each note card comes with its own set of contextual Touch Bar options.
- Change notebook covers or note card colors from the Touch Bar.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
Notebook for Mac has learned a few new tricks.
Now you can set reminders for individual note cards. Notebook will even send you an email to notify you about your reminders.
Finding and organizing notes just got easier. You can now sort notes by title (alphabetically), or by date modified and date created. Your sort setting will be saved and synced so you can easily find your notes across devices.
IMPROVED MENU BAR APP
We're always trying to help you jot notes the second inspiration strikes. Now you can take notes using the menu bar app even if the Notebook Mac app is closed.
TITLE FOR GROUP NOTES
Now you can create titles for note card groups, making it easier to stay organized.
We've also squashed some bugs and made a few minor enhancements. Enjoy!
Most Helpful Reviews
Evernote good bye! - As some of the previous reviewers, I am using this app as an Evernote replacement. This app works great, very functional, please create a worthy doc editor, page # options would be so so nice. A web clipper would be fantastic. But the drawing section is my favorite to take quick notes or just to doodle. Checkboxes I use for shopping. Combining notes is fantastic, love the colors and the notebooks, I just love this app. Please work on it to make it even better - the suggestions by others are great, no need to repeat them. I just deleted my Evernote account and looking forward to using this smooooooth app! One important note - please pay particular attention to sync. I would love if I could share a document/note with someone and we could instantaneously and simultaneously collaborate on notes and drawings.
Do not get this app - CAN I RATE THIS 0 STARS?? The app itself is nice and visually appealing but under the hood, it’s functionality is terrible and the sync service is even worse. I was working in the app not long ago and all of a sudden it deletes every single note I have. This has happened twice and the first time I thought it was a fluke, but I decided to keep using it. This time I am done for sure with this app. I heavily suggest to all of you never to get this app. Switch back to Evernote or something else. They might not be as visually appealing but at least you won’t lose all of your data. Did I mention there’s no way to recover or back up your data throught the app? Don’t even get me started on how you can’t add any files or anything to your notes. Save yourself a lot of pain and DO NOT GET THIS APP.
More Reviews for Current Version
Cool app but lacks a key note-taking feature - I really like this app, it looks great and I love the idea of the different “Notebooks”. The only downside to this that keeps me from using it to take Notes for college lectures is the organizational paragraph styles that it lacks. Yes it does have bullet and number lists but what doesnt do it for me is that i cant Tab or indent such as you can in Apples Notes app or even Microsofts Word application - having this feature, I think is key for note taking as it makes Headings and sub-topics clearer and in general just keeps things a lot more cleaner and organized looking. If the devs can just add these features, it would definetly be complete for me :)
Good app but definitely not an Evernote killer… or even close. - This is a good notebook app, however, it’s not even close to being as good as Evenote. It’s a simple notebook app that is very good at what it’s intended for. Evenote killer? Nope.
Fonts?! - An application named 'Notebook' should allow more than five fonts. Period. There is no excuse. All you 5-star reviewers out there, what is wrong with you people?! Otherwise, very nice look and feel, features, etc. Beautiful. But a note editing application without font support is silly.
so weird!!! - i downloaded this application a couple of years ago and now it is saying that i need to confirm my account. whenever i click okay to confirm my account, it takes me to the zoho website where it does not say how i can confirm my account. i created an email with them hoping that that would fix the issue but it did not work. i am quite frustrated because the pop up cannot be minimized or hidden away and now i am unable to delete or quit the app!! i feel trapped and have been living with this for a while. I do all of my work on my laptop and hoped that ths app would be a nice way to organize myself. i emailed an apple representative hoping to eventually fix this issue.
Very good, but not retina - I very much like this app, but it’s astounding to me that the app is still not retina compatible. You can clearly see pixels in the text and there are abberations in the color around text that look really bad. I’d also like to see an option to not list notes as post-it squares like is available in the iOS app. Other than that I’m very happy with the application.