Nisus Writer Pro
Developer: Nisus Software, Inc.
Current Version: 2.1.7
Last Updated: 10 months ago
Download Size: 234.3 MB - Download
Nisus Writer Pro is the powerful word processor for macOS. An intuitive interface, powerful writing tools, and unmatched compatibility make Nisus Writer Pro the choice of serious writers everywhere.
Nisus Writer Pro starts with an intuitive, customizable interface that allows you to write how you want to write. Create great looking documents quickly using our exclusive style sheet view. Polish your documents with our sophisticated, yet easy to use tools including our powerful find (including regular expressions), or add shapes and callouts using the drawing tools. Collaborate with others using track changes and comments that are compatible with Microsoft Word. You can write in just about any language supported in macOS (including right to left languages) thanks to the multilingual support built into Nisus Writer Pro.
No matter what you write, from a simple letter to a sophisticated thesis, Nisus Writer Pro will allow you to create stunning documents with ease.
• macOS autosave and document versioning
• multilingual support
• track changes
• drawing tools
• footnotes and endnotes
• table of contents
• cross references
• mail merge
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import and export)
- PDF (export only)
- WordPerfect (import only)
- Plain Text
- ePub (export only)
• and much more
• Added support for the Touch Bar, as found on some new MacBook models.
• Improved support for tabbed documents on macOS 10.12 Sierra:
- All tab menu commands should also appear on the View menu.
- Added a New Tab command that always opens a blank document in a new tab.
- Added a menu option that controls whether or not documents are opened in tabs.
- If documents are reopened at launch, tabs should be maintained.
• Fixed: sometimes autosaved Untitled files were not automatically cleared away after the user explicitly saved the document.
• Fixed: tables: sometimes scrolling a selection inside a table into view would scroll too far.
• Fixed: tracked changes: possible hang when showing the Review Changes pane, if certain types of changes overlap.
• Fixed: some esoteric bugs related to TOC and indexing.
• Fixed: a few crash and hang bugs related to the Touch Bar.
Most Helpful Reviews
Back to the Days of Glory - Nisus Writer has been the gold standard of Macintosh word processing apps. Since the transition to OS X it lost much of high powered features and gained a fast stable new mac like interface. Now with version 2.x it's back. If you're tired of the slow buggy MS word or the lack of writing functions in Pages, give nisus a shot.
Out of date & out of sync with non-App Store Version - Last update: Dec 6th, 2013 (App Store) Their website version is at 2.1.1, Apr 16, 2015 Same price, just no updates for over a year and a half. Real nice . . . I just deleted the app. Won’t be utilizing their software in the future.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great writing tool - Update: I’m still completely delighted with Nisus. It remains one of the better word processors for the Mac out there. Easy to use, no glitches or problems that I’ve encountered. Highly recommended Nisus has been my go-to tool for writing almost everything for quite a while now. While it doesn’t have the bells and whistles of MS Word, it’s darn close and is more than able to deal with the writing tasks of 95% of us. It was very easy to transition from MS Word to Nisus, and I never looked back. It quickly became my default word processor for everything I do.