Developer: Ninox Software GmbH
Current Version: 2.2.0
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 3.5 MB - Download
Ninox is an easy to use database app for Mac & iOS. Create custom business apps for you and your team. Organize everything, improve your workflow and become more productive.
Ninox empowers you to build custom apps without a single line of code. Our platform is used by individuals, startups, agencies, small businesses and enterprises in a wide range of industries.
Unlimited use cases: CRM, events, invoicing, inventory, real estates and many more.
BEST OF THE APP STORE DATABASES
"I found it easy to create databases and tables, to import and export data, design appropriate layouts, powerful filtering for fields and also a very good formula field. Easily the best of the App Store databases."
- Alan W -
SO MUCH MORE THAN A DATABASE
"This really is an outstanding product. More than “just” a database, it’s an entire application development platform."
- Andy M -
— OPTIONAL: NINOX CLOUD TEAM SUBSCRIPTION —
As an add-on you can subscribe to Ninox cloud and create a team account. Invite your team mates and start collaborating. Changes from one device will be immediately published to all other users. Your data is always available - even when there is no interent connection.
• Invoices and Accounting
• Meetings and Events
• And many more!
► CUSTOMIZE TO YOUR NEEDS
• Create forms, field and triggers
• Smart relations between tables
• Build calculations with visual formula editor
• Multiple views to slice and dice your data
• Group records by any criteria
• 7 built-in chart types
► COLLABORATE WITH YOUR TEAM
• Invite others and set permissions
• Real-time sync across devices
► EXPORT & IMPORT
• Export to CSV / Excel
• Import CSV files
• Import Contacts
• Import Bento files
► DATA FIELDS
• Rich text
• And 15+ more!
Minimum System Requirements
• OS X v10.10 or later
• 50MB of free disk space
• 4GB RAM
SHARE DATA ACROSS ALL YOUR DEVICES
With this one-time purchase you can install Ninox on multiple Macs and sync data with iCloud. If you want to sync data with your iPhone, you can get Ninox for iPhone on the iOS App Store for free. To sync data with your iPad, you can get Ninox for iPad on the iOS App Store which requires an in-app purchase.
SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR TEAMS
To share your databases with other users of Ninox, subscribe to Ninox Cloud within the app.
- We offer subscriptions for different team sizes. Only one of the team members needs to have a subscription.
- You can choose either a monthly or an annual subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The costs for the renewal depend on the chosen team size and subscription length: US$ 9.99 (1 user, 1 month), US$ 99.99 (1 user, 1 year), US$ 29.99 (5 users, 1 month), US$ 299.99 (5 users, 1 year), US$ 59.99 (10 users, 1 month), US$ 599.99 (10 users, 1 year), US$ 99.99 (25 users, 1 month), US$ 999.99 (25 users, 1 year).
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Ninox is the leading business App for Mac and iOS in more than 50 countries. Ninox Database specializes in database application development and helping teams & organizations create, connect and collaborate with databases in a human friendly way.
For any question you might have, please don't hesitate to send us an email: [email protected]
We are always happy to help!
Ninox is getting even better: This update brings a whole range on improvements including some long-expected features like mulitple choice fields and signature fields. Also, the calender synchronization has been enhanced. And we invested heavily to make the Ninox Cloud synchronization super-reliable.
• Improved calendar synchronization:
- Select the calendar to sync with
- Choose how many months should be synced
- Synchronization takes effect automatically
• New calendar settings for working hours
• New field type: Multiple choice
• New field type: Signature
• Default quality settings for image fields
• Image field height is now configurable
• Radio buttons do now support a multi-column layout
• Improved rendering of colored fields: Ninox automatically picks a high-contrast text color
• Sub tables can now be displayed as a single field
• Releated records can now be displayed as an embedded form
• Longitude and lattitude have been switched for the location field to meet common conventions
• New X button to quickly remove a column filter
• Sort and filter indicators are now always visible on table views
• Display of the cursor position on the formula editor
• Fields do now keep focus when switching between Ninox and another app back and forth
• New option to duplicate print layouts
• Color setting for action buttons
• Improved loading spinner
• Better handling of thumbnails
• Lots of enhancements to the NX scripting language.
• More than 120 small improvements and bug fixes
— Your feedback is welcome —
Please leave a review on the App Store. This will help us a lot to continue bringing free updates on the Mac, iPad and iPhone. Thanks a lot!
Most Helpful Reviews
Great value database - How I’m using it: - Single user - Database used for document management of a medium company’s ISO certification. I’m tracking documents, the relationship between the documents, status of documents and tasks associated with the documents in order to pass an audit. (8 tables) - I have background creating relational databases Pro’s - Ease of use - Small footprint — zippy - Responsiveness of support team - In the current version, huge navigation and printing improvements — Thank you :-) - Price Con’s - Documentation At this time, I haven’t attempted to make this into an application other users could use, so I don’t know if that’s inside/oustide the scope of this product.
Not ready for prime time. - I am an experienced user of relational databases. Yet Ninox was frustratingly confusing to me, primarily, as it turns out, because it hides its limitation behind happy talk about simplicity. The support was great until I sent them a screen shot of nested tables that their interface offers to the unwary user as a means to populate a many-to-many database. There appears to be no elegant way to table-hop, via portals or otherwise. I think the concept of a low cost alternative to Filemaker is appealing. Bento (from Filemaker) was not really powerful enough (not relational) and was dropped. Ninox is relational and could be powerful but the interface makes it unusable. I juat hope my $35 investment will pay off someday, but I doubt the company will admit to the defects and fix them before they go belly up. You’re better off with a dedciated database for a specific need. Or, if you want to create your own, try to get an educational discount on Filemaker, and then resist the optional yearly upgrade fees that they extract from the professional users. Then read up on using a join table for many-to-many relationships with related fields elegantly displayed in a portal on your custom layout. You will be very happy with that. You will not be happy with trying to do that in Ninox – because you can’t.
More Reviews for Current Version
4-5 star for function/value, 3 for very poor documentation/ease of use - I needed a relational database, but not the power (or cost) of FileMaker Pro. Ninox does everything I need, and at a fraction of the price. There is much to love – a ton of useful features. But it is “costly” in terms of effort. I’m not a newbie but it took me some time to wrangle this software because the documentation (English) is so poor. Ease-of-use will depend on your familiarity with databases/spreadsheets/creating formulas as you engage in trial-and-error. Ninox has a useful, proprietary programming language. Complex formulas are possible, but the inadequate documentation makes it hard to know what syntax and functions are available. It’s mostly trial-and-error beyond the basics. But if all you need are basic functions, the drag-and-drop formula builder is great. Form design is quick/easy but not customizable. (No adjusting of grid, spacing, snap-to grid, etc.) Reporting functionality is basic. You can print out the forms in book form, or you can print a table view. You can create a PDF of the table view. You can export as CSV. There are glitches. Example: If you enter 0.5 into a field set as “percentage” it does not convert it properly to 50%. Instead, it simply appends “%” showing “0.5%” This can be a problem in formula design if you aren’t careful. The iCloud sync did not work for me. If the developers made documentation a priority, I think the features and pricing of Ninox would make it a 5-star must-have of those who need a relational database but not the horsepower of FMP.
Ninox Data Base - I am a long time user of FMP howver I need to look for an alternative db and found this Ninox DB to be very useful for small to medium size business, however here a re a few key features of the ninox db Ninox is a simple flat-file database system. Tables -- With Ninox you manage your data in tables that you can browse, filter, sort and group. Data fields -- Ninox offers a variety of data fields, including text, numbers, Yes / No, list, date, time, picture and web address. Relations -- Link tables to each other to represent complex situations. Forms -- For neat enter data, make simple drag-and-drop forms. Find -- The fast full-text search is the very center of Ninox, so you immediately jump to the desired information. Calculations -- As in a spreadsheet to make calculations about individual records, or even entire tables linked tables. Calendar -- All entries with date reference are clearly displayed in the calendar. Diagrams -- Point to a button the current state. Export -- Of course, you can also export your data to further process them with Excel. Roles and rights -- Control exactly who can see or change the data. What i dont like is there is no password protection for the Ninox iPhone, ipdad or Mac desktop version. they only offer it if you buy there Ninox server option. which I feel they should add it to the app versions and desktop version like in FMP. othere than that I still like it that they are supporting iCloud syncing. It wa well worth the price of 34.99 and I have been using it now about year now.
Very good database. - This database has all the tools I need to keep track of motorcycle parts on my various projects. I would like the engineers to add hyperlink capability so I could refer to other docs on my computer.
The Best Personal Database Available for Mac - Besides Filemaker (which is just outrageously expensive and not suitable for a personal database) this is the best personal database I’ve found for the Mac.
Great Database app if you spend time learning it - This Database has a couple features that will throw you off if you don’t take a couple hours to learn them. For example, setting up your database as cloud based when you create it vs local will give you issues if you’re working on multiple devices and want to access your databases from each device. That being said, I love this app. It helps me stay extremely organized, I’ve got it on my phone as well for access, and I can create or delete any fields I want at whim. It’s a lot like Filemaker Pro, but much more user friendly.