NightTone (Night light filter)
Developer: Denk Alexandru
Current Version: 2.3.0
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 3.1 MB - Download
#Featured on Mashable, ProductHunt, OcularPrime and many more: goo.gl/HlQxl5
NightTone makes your screen more comfortable, enjoyable and healthier by shifting the colors of your display to a warmer, eye-friendly palette. It makes you sleep and feel better.
It's perfect for everyone's health, especially for people with visual perception problems, light sensitivity or discomfort.
• The science behind the app
The monitor's blue light tricks our circadian rhythm (our natural body clock) into thinking that it’s daytime. It suppresses melatonin (that sends "time to sleep" cues) and builds up histamine that helps wake us up, boosts attention and reaction times. In other words, it resets that feeling of tiredness and hurts our sleep cycle.
Just remember: It's bad to be exposed to sleep-inhibiting blue light during the night.
• Predefined color pallets for common scenarios
- Warm orange for late working hours
- Soft black or inverted colors for dark rooms
- Noisy green for long text reading
- Silky blue for rooms with artificial light
- Tender white for movies night or dark photo work
- All colors are adjustable and can be changed to anything you are comfortable with
- Change the screen brightness and palette to warmer colors
- Configure the display to virtually any color you want
- Invert the screen's colors for better usage in very dark rooms
- Multiple monitors supported
- The app can active itself only during nights (and you can customize the activation hours)
- Start at login, schedule the app and forget it exists. Just enjoy the benefits
- Easy to use and there is absolutely no configuration required
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complain and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Small bug fixes and improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Works great as advertised - I tried this app for a week before reviewing. No unwanted or unsatisfactory issues with youtube, brightness settings or other applications. That may have been something unique to an earlier version. The app performs as advertised, and works quite well. Makes a huge difference for evening work on the computer.
More Reviews for Current Version
Very pleased with the paid verson. - I am really delighted with the paid verson — being able to easily set times, and to turn on/off outside of those times. Love the “Sunrise” alarm. Thank you.
Eh. - I used this for a few months, and liked it except that it bumps up the screen brightness when it’s switched on, or when you change the color. It goes bright, and then you have to hit the dim button to get it back to the correct brightness. It got annoying to be blinded for a second every time I turned it on. Plus, the color seems to cloud over the black areas of the screen, reducing contrast in a bad way. The scheduler is a nice feature, though I personally didn’t use it much, and I liked the ability to customize the color.
Doesn’t open - Bought paid version. Won’t open. Waste of money.