NightTone (Light filter, Dimmer & Brightness tool)
Developer: Denk Alexandru
Current Version: 2.1.0
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 3.1 MB - Download
#Featured on Mashable, ProductHunt, OcularPrime and many more: goo.gl/HlQxl5
NightTone makes your screen more comfortable, enjoyable and healthier by shifting the colors of your display to a warmer, eye-friendly palette. It makes you sleep and feel better.
It's perfect for everyone's health, especially for people with visual perception problems, light sensitivity or discomfort.
• The science behind the app
The monitor's blue light tricks our circadian rhythm (our natural body clock) into thinking that it’s daytime. It suppresses melatonin (that sends "time to sleep" cues) and builds up histamine that helps wake us up, boosts attention and reaction times. In other words, it resets that feeling of tiredness and hurts our sleep cycle.
Just remember: It's bad to be exposed to sleep-inhibiting blue light during the night.
• Predefined color pallets for common scenarios
- Warm orange for late working hours
- Soft black or inverted colors for dark rooms
- Noisy green for long text reading
- Silky blue for rooms with artificial light
- Tender white for movies night or dark photo work
- All colors are adjustable and can be changed to anything you are comfortable with
- Change the screen brightness and palette to warmer colors
- Configure the display to virtually any color you want
- Invert the screen's colors for better usage in very dark rooms
- Multiple monitors supported
- The app can active itself only during nights (and you can customize the activation hours)
- Start at login, schedule the app and forget it exists. Just enjoy the benefits
- Easy to use and there is absolutely no configuration required
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complain and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Fixed some colour tone issues for older laptop & monitor models
Most Helpful Reviews
Works great as advertised - I tried this app for a week before reviewing. No unwanted or unsatisfactory issues with youtube, brightness settings or other applications. That may have been something unique to an earlier version. The app performs as advertised, and works quite well. Makes a huge difference for evening work on the computer.
Doesn’t work as expected - What I want is Night Shift like on iOS. The following issues exist: 1.It messes with the screen brightness controll - in fact sets the screen brightness to the midpoint everytime you start - so the screen gets very bright if you had already lowered it. 2.messes with ideo/youtube when rendering in full screen. Pretty much unusable as a night time dimmer.
More Reviews for Current Version
Perfect for Grading! - I bought this app to help with strain on my eyes—especially while grading essays on the computer. I really like all the different choices it gives for different tones and that you can set the timer to have it change colors at a certain time. Great purchase!
almost perfect - this app is almost perfect. i prefer this over Flux, since it has exact times that i can schedule. the one thing missing is having more fine control over how transparent the filter is when using it with external monitors. i find myself only being able to use the setting to the very left. anything else and the color feels too opaque. when using this app on my macbook pro, everything is perfect. great app!