Newton - Supercharged emailing
Developer: CloudMagic, Inc.
Current Version: 9.8.141
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 20 MB - Download
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/year. That's about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Tidy Inbox, Send Later & more stop working. Email sync will also stop i.e. you won't get new emails automatically. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
*How Newton supercharges your email*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the emails are read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking. Not a fan of email tracking? Switch it off from Settings.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Tidy Inbox - Focus on emails that matter. Weed out newsletters and social media emails to another folder and make your inbox distraction-free. Think Gmail tabs for all email accounts.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the context and background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Wunderlist, Instapaper, Zendesk, Salesforce & Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry. For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click Unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Easily manage your emails from Inbox View with one-click actions: Archive, Delete, Mark as Read/Unread
● Quick Filters - Find important emails with one-click Starred and Unread filters.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Keyboard shortcuts that get things done quickly.
A - Reply All
R - Reply
E - Archive
S - Star / Unstar
Shift + U - Mark as Read / Unread and many more.
But wait..there’s more!
- HTML signatures
- Custom Folder Sync
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Easy on battery and data
- Unified Inbox
- Remote Wipe
- Available in all major languages
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year. Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the subscription renewing at $49.99. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase.
- High Sierra UI fixes
- Tidy Inbox bugs are fixed. You can now archive mails from Low Priority folders in Gmail accounts. Also sync them to get unread mail count.
- Missing translations added
- Fixed crashes and squashed some annoying bugs.
- The Paper Plane now has the thrust to take you to the next orbit.
Most Helpful Reviews
Wholeheartledly disagree wih all the negative reviews - Since Sparrow (gobbled up by Google, then killed) I’ve been searching for a truly sublime email experience for the Mac OSX desktop. Let’s face it, most email apps are cluttered and only a reminder of the horror that is email management. I’ve tried them all. Some try to make email seem less chaotic with a pleasing asthetic (Mailpilot, now-defunct Mailbox.. another one that was gobbbled up by a larger company only to be killed). Some are pure clutter and give you a headache at first glance (Apple mail, Gmail). This app is a pleasure to gaze upon… and if you’re going to gazing upon something all day long, it ought be appealing to the eye. Thanks, CloudMagic UI team for a best-in-class effort. Attention to every pixel.
Was hoping for another viable Exchange option. This ain’t it. - This is not actually a desktop email app; it’s a glorified mobile port. Extremely disappointing. Virtually no preferences. No rules. Not even a 3 pane view. Ridiculously overpriced. Even the very flawed Airmail is far better. Run away as fast as you can.
More Reviews for Current Version
Clean yet feature packed - I have been flailing about from app to app - Airmail, Spark, Mail app and so on, but Newton is where I have ended up. Here’s why: Simplicity - The clean interface isn’t perfect, but it is elegant and inspires me to be more intentional about my mail, instead of just letting it pile up in my inbox. Search - The search has worked well for me across my Exchange and IMAP accounts, unlike Spark where I could never get it to recognize older IMAP mails in folders. Integrations - The integration interface is awesome, especially in my case for Todoist and Evernote. Support - At least for now I have gotten responses (and answers) to my questions within minutes. Read Receipts - I never realized how valuable I find these. (I don’t love the concept of a tracking pixel on my emails, but that’s how it works and the end result has great value to me.) So what do I miss? I would like to be able to pin the mailbox list open (it currently autohides), but it sounds like that is a nonstarter. I’m actually getting used to it. What about the price? - It’s not cheap. But you know, in the grand scheme, considering how often I use email it’s really nothing. I root for Spark, too, because I think they have a strong product. But for me so far, Newton is the best option.
Save Your Money - Free apps exist with better features - Long story short, save your money. Spark, Mac Mail, Thunderbird and other comparable apps all offer the best features of this service for free without the cons. Many cons: 1. Can’t see your list of messages and read a message at the same time. 2. Can’t see a count of how many messages are in your work account while viewing messages in your personal account (and vice versa). So unless you have their buggy notifications on (which don’t work well) then you never know when you receive a message unless you manually check. 3. Can’t move an attachment from one email to another. So when a vendor emails you a file and you need to share it with a client without forwarding the email from your vendor. You have to save it to your desktop, then open a new message and attach it. 4. If you use the send later feature you have to unlock the message to be able to edit it or add an attachment. Good luck finding the unlock button on the message too, they hide that down in near the body of the message instead of putting it with all the other menu items/icons. The only real pro they have is you can sign up for an account with them and not have to manually setup your accounts on multiple devices. Great for people with many accounts to manage, but unless you are buying new computers/phones every month it’s not worth $50 for that feature alone.
Beautiful app - I have used many many email clients, and Newton really stands out. Using on iPhone and MacBook — can’t decide which I like more, both are beautifully designed. Read receipts are an excellent feature, but even if all Newton did was let you read and send email I would still use it. Cleanest mail app around.
I WANT to check email now, instead of feeling overwhelmed by it - Newton was exactly the email app I’ve been looking for, and didn’t realize it. It combines all th features I’ve been wanting to integrate — delayed emails a la boomerang, snooze a la google inbox — but combines them with the most intuitive, sleek, and pleasing design of any email app I’ve seen yet. The hotkeys are amazing. The flow is superb. It creates a level of space and clarity around my emails that makes checking them pleasurable, as opposed to dreading the onslaught. Great stuff, guys.
I Really Like This Email Client - I am the owner of two small businesses. Between personal and business email, I have a total of 5 different email boxes that I need to keep track of whether I am at my desk or on the go. This app does a fantastic job of pulling them all together and giving me a way to communicate easily with my colleagues, clients and personal connections with the added benefit of email tracking regardless of the client I am using. I used it for the trial period and decided to pay for my subscription because the client is easy to use and has a very clean interface. It’s well designed and so far, pretty reliable. I’m quite happy with it and I’ve tried a plethora of email clients including Airmail, Mac Mail, Gmail, KiwiMail, and a host of others. This one just works and works well.