Newton - Supercharged emailing
Developer: CloudMagic, Inc.
Current Version: 9.8.141
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 20 MB - Download
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/year. That's about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Tidy Inbox, Send Later & more stop working. Email sync will also stop i.e. you won't get new emails automatically. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
*How Newton supercharges your email*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the emails are read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking. Not a fan of email tracking? Switch it off from Settings.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Tidy Inbox - Focus on emails that matter. Weed out newsletters and social media emails to another folder and make your inbox distraction-free. Think Gmail tabs for all email accounts.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the context and background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Wunderlist, Instapaper, Zendesk, Salesforce & Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry. For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click Unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Easily manage your emails from Inbox View with one-click actions: Archive, Delete, Mark as Read/Unread
● Quick Filters - Find important emails with one-click Starred and Unread filters.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Keyboard shortcuts that get things done quickly.
A - Reply All
R - Reply
E - Archive
S - Star / Unstar
Shift + U - Mark as Read / Unread and many more.
But wait..there’s more!
- HTML signatures
- Custom Folder Sync
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Easy on battery and data
- Unified Inbox
- Remote Wipe
- Available in all major languages
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year. Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the subscription renewing at $49.99. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase.
- High Sierra UI fixes
- Tidy Inbox bugs are fixed. You can now archive mails from Low Priority folders in Gmail accounts. Also sync them to get unread mail count.
- Missing translations added
- Fixed crashes and squashed some annoying bugs.
- The Paper Plane now has the thrust to take you to the next orbit.
Most Helpful Reviews
Wholeheartledly disagree wih all the negative reviews - Since Sparrow (gobbled up by Google, then killed) I’ve been searching for a truly sublime email experience for the Mac OSX desktop. Let’s face it, most email apps are cluttered and only a reminder of the horror that is email management. I’ve tried them all. Some try to make email seem less chaotic with a pleasing asthetic (Mailpilot, now-defunct Mailbox.. another one that was gobbbled up by a larger company only to be killed). Some are pure clutter and give you a headache at first glance (Apple mail, Gmail). This app is a pleasure to gaze upon… and if you’re going to gazing upon something all day long, it ought be appealing to the eye. Thanks, CloudMagic UI team for a best-in-class effort. Attention to every pixel.
Was hoping for another viable Exchange option. This ain’t it. - This is not actually a desktop email app; it’s a glorified mobile port. Extremely disappointing. Virtually no preferences. No rules. Not even a 3 pane view. Ridiculously overpriced. Even the very flawed Airmail is far better. Run away as fast as you can.
More Reviews for Current Version
The Best Cross-Platform Email Client by Some Distance - I am very picky when it comes to email clients. I think the best free option is Yahoo which was a surprise to me. However, the saying that “you get what you pay for” absolutely applies in this arena too. While there is a bit of a learning curve with Newton, once you “get it” it is very impressive and intuitive. I highly recommend this app and without hesitation award it the "best in class" award for email clients.
Great! Worth the money - I was leery of a subscription based email when so many are either free or a one time purchase. after 2 separate free trials I decided to pull the trigger on Newton and I’m glad I did. I really like the open and simple feel of the application, the fact its cross platform, and the power features (tidy inbox, send later, snooze) which don’t get in the way of productivity. best of all, customer service is top notch - i get replies to questions same day, sometimes within the same hour. Definitely worth the purchase for something I use multiple times a day, every day.
Crashing in seconds on High Sierra with 9.8.141 - Just updated to 9.8.141 and Newton cannot stay open for more than thirty seconds without crashing on my Macbook Pro with High Sierra. Please fix!
Too much is HIDDEN" - While I appreciate the concept of “open and airy,” I much prefer to SEE my choices without having to THINK about which hidden menu they might be hidden in. I also appreciate the idea that with a lot of experience, this might all become second-nature. But, really folks, that’s just a marketing-twist for “steep learning curve”. Frankly, the only feature that makes this special is the “read receipts,” but [for me] that simply doesn’t justify the continuous cost of a subscription model. I can live without it.
Price doesn’t justify - Felt buggy and unfinished, not worth it.