Newton Mail - Email for Gmail, Outlook & Exchange
Developer: CloudMagic, Inc.
Current Version: 9.8.8
Last Updated: 15 days ago
Download Size: 16.9 MB - Download
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/year. That's about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later & more stop working. Email sync will also stop i.e. you won't get new emails automatically. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
*How Newton supercharges your email*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the emails are read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking. Not a fan of email tracking? Switch it off from Settings.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the context and background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Wunderlist, Instapaper, Zendesk, Salesforce & Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry. For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click Unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Easily manage your emails from Inbox View with one-click actions: Archive, Delete, Mark as Read/Unread
● Quick Filters - Find important emails with one-click Starred and Unread filters.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Language support - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Greek and Ukrainian.
● Keyboard shortcuts that get things done quickly.
A - Reply All
R - Reply
E - Archive
S - Star / Unstar
Shift + U - Mark as Read / Unread and many more.
But wait..there’s more!
- HTML signatures
- Custom Folder Sync
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Easy on battery and data
- Unified Inbox
- Remote Wipe
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year. Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the subscription renewing at $49.99. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase.
- Disable signature for reply. The first reply will have the signature however, you can choose to disable it for subsequent replies
- Option to rename attachment while downloading. Note that the ‘Ask where to save each file before downloading’ box in ‘Settings > General’ needs to be checked first
- Option to switch off ‘Forgot Attachment’ check
- Shortcut to enable/disable autocorrect in Compose (Ctrl+Cmd+A)
- Two more keyboard shortcuts for Delete. Go to ‘Settings > General’ and choose what works best for you
- Customary bug/crash fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Wholeheartledly disagree wih all the negative reviews - Since Sparrow (gobbled up by Google, then killed) I’ve been searching for a truly sublime email experience for the Mac OSX desktop. Let’s face it, most email apps are cluttered and only a reminder of the horror that is email management. I’ve tried them all. Some try to make email seem less chaotic with a pleasing asthetic (Mailpilot, now-defunct Mailbox.. another one that was gobbbled up by a larger company only to be killed). Some are pure clutter and give you a headache at first glance (Apple mail, Gmail). This app is a pleasure to gaze upon… and if you’re going to gazing upon something all day long, it ought be appealing to the eye. Thanks, CloudMagic UI team for a best-in-class effort. Attention to every pixel.
Was hoping for another viable Exchange option. This ain’t it. - This is not actually a desktop email app; it’s a glorified mobile port. Extremely disappointing. Virtually no preferences. No rules. Not even a 3 pane view. Ridiculously overpriced. Even the very flawed Airmail is far better. Run away as fast as you can.
More Reviews for Current Version
great but needs a lot more work - UPDATE: 6/15/17: This app is still so buggy!!! They release a new version like every other day but the bugs continue to be there. It won’t show emails older than a couple of months, can’t search successfully for anything… This is a complete disaster!! UPDATE 1/26/17: Currently I can NO longer delete or archive any emails! This app just keeps getting worse with every update…. Previous review: i love all the new features that have been added to this app in the past year or so. however, emails that have been archived or deleted keep showing up in my inbox. i’m sorry but for an app that costs $50/year it’s unacceptable to be having glitches with such fundamental funtions like deleting an email...
Best email program - The beautiful minimalist design is what won me over. I’ve used this for over year, every day, with 4 different accounts. Thousands of emails have flowed through it. It’s wonderful. I recommend it to everyone.
Great! But no Google sync - There are so many amazing things about this program. Best one out there. But… it crucially doesn’t save new email addresses to Google Accounts or even the Contacts in Mac. So this is a big pitfall. Hoping they fix this soon.
Please make this more affordable... - I have been a user since it was CloudMail, but I’ll have to decide in Sept. if I will renew or cancel. Right now, I can’t imagine paying $50/year to keep this service, it’s just too much. The interface is beautiful and simple, and makes my email experience really clean. But there are still bugs that crop up frequently, and I can’t justify such a high and ongoing expense for email. I would probably stay on if the fee were $25/year, or if there was an option to pay something like $100 upfront to use the app for as long as I wanted. Too bad they can’t get the price structure more reasonable for most consumers. I’ll miss you Newton.
Can’t live without it - This is the most amazing email client I have ever seen, and Newton’s improvements since Cloud Magic is worth every penny of the $50. The use of desktop to mobile to tablet is seamless, and that is important in my world of 9 email addresses for personal and work use. I cannot wait for what the next batch of improvements will hold to even further improve the user experience.