Newton Mail - Email for Gmail, Outlook & Exchange
Developer: CloudMagic, Inc.
Current Version: 9.7.29
Last Updated: 19 days ago
Download Size: 16.9 MB - Download
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/year. That's about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later & more stop working. Email sync will also stop i.e. you won't get new emails automatically. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
*How Newton supercharges your email*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the emails are read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking. Not a fan of email tracking? Switch it off from Settings.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the context and background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Wunderlist, Instapaper, Zendesk, Salesforce & Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry. For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click Unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Easily manage your emails from Inbox View with one-click actions: Archive, Delete, Mark as Read/Unread
● Quick Filters - Find important emails with one-click Starred and Unread filters.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Language support - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Greek and Ukrainian.
● Keyboard shortcuts that get things done quickly.
A - Reply All
R - Reply
E - Archive
S - Star / Unstar
Shift + U - Mark as Read / Unread and many more.
But wait..there’s more!
- HTML signatures
- Custom Folder Sync
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Easy on battery and data
- Unified Inbox
- Remote Wipe
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year. Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the subscription renewing at $49.99. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase.
Another meaty update:
- Folder Management - You can now create/delete/rename folders inside Newton. You can also create subfolders within folders for better organization
- Auto-BCC all the emails you send to specified email addresses. Go to Preferences > Email Accounts > Auto-BCC
- RSVP to calendar invites on all accounts, within the app
- Send Again - Click on the 3-dots button on a Sent Mail to add more recipients and send it as a fresh mail instead of a forward
- Tapping on sender's picture in the Read Receipts popup pulls up his/her Sender Profile.
- The New Mail notification sound will now be used for Read Receipts and Snooze notifications as well, as set per account
- Multiple bug fixes and performance improvements
Love the new update? Let us know by leaving a quick review here.
Most Helpful Reviews
Wholeheartledly disagree wih all the negative reviews - Since Sparrow (gobbled up by Google, then killed) I’ve been searching for a truly sublime email experience for the Mac OSX desktop. Let’s face it, most email apps are cluttered and only a reminder of the horror that is email management. I’ve tried them all. Some try to make email seem less chaotic with a pleasing asthetic (Mailpilot, now-defunct Mailbox.. another one that was gobbbled up by a larger company only to be killed). Some are pure clutter and give you a headache at first glance (Apple mail, Gmail). This app is a pleasure to gaze upon… and if you’re going to gazing upon something all day long, it ought be appealing to the eye. Thanks, CloudMagic UI team for a best-in-class effort. Attention to every pixel.
Was hoping for another viable Exchange option. This ain’t it. - This is not actually a desktop email app; it’s a glorified mobile port. Extremely disappointing. Virtually no preferences. No rules. Not even a 3 pane view. Ridiculously overpriced. Even the very flawed Airmail is far better. Run away as fast as you can.
More Reviews for Current Version
I am happily paying for it! - Since 2012 (when Sparrow was shutdown) I’ve been jumping from app to app looking for the email client that would make me enjoy emailing again, and now I'm convinced Newton is the one. I had tried CloudMagic before (as it was named) and didn't like it then but came back, again, because thats what I've been doing, traying them all, until today. No more trying any other email app. All I want is here. - Snooze with natural language support - Snooze to Desktop (form the mobile version, which is great!) - Send later - Multi-account support - Super clean interface, but at the same time increibly powerful - It works great both on IOS and OSX (which is a must for me). - Their support is absolutely brillian, I can’t stress this enough, there is someone on the other side listening, and talking back, and fixing what needs fixing, and improving what needs improving. - Brilliant keyboard navigation and shorcuts (pretty much everything can be done via keyboard) And, I have to say, 4 dollars a month is way more than what I loose if I'm not I efficient with my emails. So, nop, this is not expensive.
Best mail app ever. Period. - I have always been skeptical about mail apps. I believe the past 5 different apps I have used either got shut down or bought out (and shut down). As soon as I opened Newton, I realized it was a paid subscription (with a trial). My first thought was “oh shucks” but then I realized: if I pay for this, it means they can continue supporting it for more cool features and updates… ..and my assumptions were correct: it has been a few months now since I subscribed and the Newton team have sent out so many updates that I will proudly keep supporting them. Great app, great platform and my data is synchronized between my phone and computer. Keep up with the good work! Please don’t ever shut down! :)
Fantastic - Best email client out there. Well worth the cost. I use this for personal and business. Very happy with all of the features and the great support.
Best email app ever. Totally worth the subscription fee. - I’m loving this app! Great work!! I love the simple, elegant layout, gmail shortcuts, and ease of use (particularly customizable swipe functionality on iPhone and rollover shortcuts in inbox view on desktop). Also love the snooze functionality and undo feature. Thank you for including the option to be taken back to my inbox after archiving an email. It’s annoying as hell to me when the app makes me go to the next email, because usually that’s not the one I want to read next. I keep discovering ways that they’ve made doing email even easier, for example, on the desktop in list view I can simply hover over an email and use a shortcut to archive or delete. Another one is that all I have to do is move my mouse to anywhere on the right side of the screen and the side bar pops open. Extremely elegant funtcionality. The iphone app is amazing too, it’s quickly replaced my use of the Gmail app, which I already liked. One great feature in the mobile app is the ability to customize actions for short and long left and right swipes in list view. They’re working on a calendar and if it’s anything like this email app I am an instant yes to it.
Finally Found “The One" - If you’re like me you’ve spent years using various email clients. I had Mailbox by Dropbox, I used Airmail, Sparrow, and a whole litany of user tricks. I really just wanted some obvious features and strong support for the product by the developer. I’ve found a home in Newton. It’s smart, easy, and affordable. It’s beautiful. I can draft emails over the weekend and set them all to send on Monday, I can snooze emails, I can easily identify the sender and company profile (in sales this is crucial). My only wish is that images can be automatically synced from LinkedIn or contacts, but I imagine the developer will do this soon. Absolutely great product.