Newton - Supercharged emailing
Developer: CloudMagic, Inc.
Current Version: 9.8.79
Last Updated: 13 days ago
Download Size: 18.6 MB - Download
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/year. That's about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Tidy Inbox, Send Later & more stop working. Email sync will also stop i.e. you won't get new emails automatically. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
*How Newton supercharges your email*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the emails are read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking. Not a fan of email tracking? Switch it off from Settings.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Tidy Inbox - Focus on emails that matter. Weed out newsletters and social media emails to another folder and make your inbox distraction-free. Think Gmail tabs for all email accounts.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the context and background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Wunderlist, Instapaper, Zendesk, Salesforce & Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry. For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click Unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Easily manage your emails from Inbox View with one-click actions: Archive, Delete, Mark as Read/Unread
● Quick Filters - Find important emails with one-click Starred and Unread filters.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Keyboard shortcuts that get things done quickly.
A - Reply All
R - Reply
E - Archive
S - Star / Unstar
Shift + U - Mark as Read / Unread and many more.
But wait..there’s more!
- HTML signatures
- Custom Folder Sync
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Easy on battery and data
- Unified Inbox
- Remote Wipe
- Available in all major languages
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year. Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the subscription renewing at $49.99. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase.
- High Sierra UI fixes
- Tidy Inbox bugs are fixed. You can now archive mails from Low Priority folders in Gmail accounts. Also sync them to get unread mail count.
- Missing translations added
- Fixed crashes and squashed some annoying bugs.
- The Paper Plane now has the thrust to take you to the next orbit.
Most Helpful Reviews
Wholeheartledly disagree wih all the negative reviews - Since Sparrow (gobbled up by Google, then killed) I’ve been searching for a truly sublime email experience for the Mac OSX desktop. Let’s face it, most email apps are cluttered and only a reminder of the horror that is email management. I’ve tried them all. Some try to make email seem less chaotic with a pleasing asthetic (Mailpilot, now-defunct Mailbox.. another one that was gobbbled up by a larger company only to be killed). Some are pure clutter and give you a headache at first glance (Apple mail, Gmail). This app is a pleasure to gaze upon… and if you’re going to gazing upon something all day long, it ought be appealing to the eye. Thanks, CloudMagic UI team for a best-in-class effort. Attention to every pixel.
Was hoping for another viable Exchange option. This ain’t it. - This is not actually a desktop email app; it’s a glorified mobile port. Extremely disappointing. Virtually no preferences. No rules. Not even a 3 pane view. Ridiculously overpriced. Even the very flawed Airmail is far better. Run away as fast as you can.
More Reviews for Current Version
Bug with High Sierra - The notification is not clickable in 10.13.
Newton Rocks! - I’ve tried ALL the other email apps through the years. All of them. I won’t bad mouth any of the other apps by name, they all had some good points, yet they all came up short for my needs. I even tried Cloud Magic in the past and wasn’t satisfied. Well I decided to give Newton a try again. Glad I did. It now has all the features I need. I have 13 email accounts (I own multiple domains). Newton makes it easy to load and view messages in a clear, simple, quick way. I particularly like the schedule feature so I can reply to a client at midnight, but have it auto-send the next morning. I also like the way it syncs between my multiple Macs, iPad, and iPhone. The iOS interface is awesome on the ipad and the iPhone. Some complain about Newton's yearly $49 subscription rate. Oh my! We’re talking $4 a month (skip a single trip to Starbucks). That seems like a fair price to me for a stellar email experience. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. For my email needs, I am thrilled!
Beautiful, Intelligent, & Functional - My Inbox is a vortex of distraction. I’m involved in a lot of projects, with a lot of stakeholders. Some of them are extended, so I need access to archives. Because I’m interested in content, I subscribe to *a lot* of newsletters. I *want* access to them There’s a lot of tagging and filing going on. And the sheer bulk of incoming communication is distracting and hard to work with. The first thing that appealed to me about Newton was how cleaaaaaaan and spare it looks—it reminds me of everything I like about Dropbox Paper. It’s been so much easier to focus on each message: like a little moment of “ohm”. Onboarding was super easy. I’ve got 3 accounts on mine. And I noticed I still have access all the stuff in all the folders I’ve already created in the past. I appreciate the snooze feature. I’ve used Mail Butler and have come to depend on that kind of feature to clump mail types together. What topped it was that Newton will learn to file for me. I’ve been dreading having to do a manual sort and archive of messages.
Price doesn’t justify - Felt buggy and unfinished
If “Better” Matters. - Newton is a great email client that is minimal yet functional. Comparing it with Outlook or Mail might be fair, but where Newton really shines is with its clean interface and a very purposeful design language that makes it a really good native Mac app. At work, I’ve had a couple of people stop by and wonder what app I was using for emails since Newton just looks so good. I love the tastefully designed features like Read Receipts, Send Later, and Snooze. Knock on wood — I have not had any issues so far with syncing Newton across my iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Macbook Pro. Sync is hard, so I appreciate the Newton team sweating the details to nail this. Overall, Newton is the first email client that I was eager to pay for. I believe in supporting devs that make wonderful things, and Newton is simply wonderful.