Newton Mail - Email for Gmail, Outlook & Exchange
Developer: CloudMagic, Inc.
Current Version: 9.5.38
Last Updated: 20 days ago
Download Size: 14 MB - Download
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/year. That's about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later & more stop working. Email sync will also stop i.e. you won't get new emails automatically. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
*How Newton supercharges your email*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the emails are read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking. Not a fan of email tracking? Switch it off from Settings.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the context and background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Wunderlist, Instapaper, Zendesk, Salesforce & Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry. For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click Unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Easily manage your emails from Inbox View with one-click actions: Archive, Delete, Mark as Read/Unread
● Quick Filters - Find important emails with one-click Starred and Unread filters.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Language support - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Greek and Ukrainian.
● Keyboard shortcuts that get things done quickly.
A - Reply All
R - Reply
E - Archive
S - Star / Unstar
Shift + U - Mark as Read / Unread and many more.
But wait..there’s more!
- HTML signatures
- Custom Folder Sync
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Easy on battery and data
- Unified Inbox
- Remote Wipe
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year. Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the subscription renewing at $49.99. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase.
- Exchange Global Address List (GAL) & GSuite Directory Contacts support in Compose
- Send bigger attachments. Go to 'Settings > Email accounts > Max attachment size' to set the maximum attachment size for Exchange and IMAP accounts after checking with your system admin. For other accounts, it just works.
- Share mails using Mac share extensions. This should support saving emails to OmniFocus
- Better attachment downloads - Select download location, Download all and other improvements.
- More keyboard shortcuts. Go to 'Help > What's New' to see what they are.
- Lower battery consumption and other performance improvements under the hood
- Fixed multiple issues with email rendering
- Fixed a hanging issue while loading emails in Unread filter
- Fixed multiple crashes
Love the new update? Let us know by leaving a quick review here
Most Helpful Reviews
Wholeheartledly disagree wih all the negative reviews - Since Sparrow (gobbled up by Google, then killed) I’ve been searching for a truly sublime email experience for the Mac OSX desktop. Let’s face it, most email apps are cluttered and only a reminder of the horror that is email management. I’ve tried them all. Some try to make email seem less chaotic with a pleasing asthetic (Mailpilot, now-defunct Mailbox.. another one that was gobbbled up by a larger company only to be killed). Some are pure clutter and give you a headache at first glance (Apple mail, Gmail). This app is a pleasure to gaze upon… and if you’re going to gazing upon something all day long, it ought be appealing to the eye. Thanks, CloudMagic UI team for a best-in-class effort. Attention to every pixel.
Was hoping for another viable Exchange option. This ain’t it. - This is not actually a desktop email app; it’s a glorified mobile port. Extremely disappointing. Virtually no preferences. No rules. Not even a 3 pane view. Ridiculously overpriced. Even the very flawed Airmail is far better. Run away as fast as you can.
More Reviews for Current Version
Simple, Fast, & Improving - While simplicity in display is generally a plus, this app is spartan to the point that some features/actions that should be immediately obvious, well, aren’t (getting back to the unified inbox after viewing a single account, for example). Such minimalism works better on the mobile platform than the desktop, where the user is a bit more removed from the interface. Also till missing: The ability to apply labels to a message instead of just moving to a folder. Multiple labels are important as most emails aren’t just about one thing. That said, the app is improving with each update. One login and you’re reading all of your accounts. And unlike so many of it’s more feature-laden brethren, Newton is FAST! True launch and load. Just enough customization is available (though I wish those colored bars were a bit wider… again the desktop vs mobile), and it has a true MacOS feel while using. The recent addition of macOS Share extentions makes it much more flexible than their built-in “Connected Apps” alone. A four-star app chomping at the bit to become 5-star. Worth the subcription price.
Used to be wonderful - Cloudmagic was great, then they jumped the shark, released Newton and along with it most of their customer base. Ridiculous price with no cheap version minus the power features.
Does not work well with MS Exchange - I loved this app when I started using it. It was everything I was looking for. Simple design, great features. That is until I sent emails through our exchange server and the previews on the recipient device was pure gibberish - an HTML address and varius numbers, signs and letters. Customer service told me that this would be fixed in a future update. 2 updates later and it is unresolved. So it is unusable for me. I should mention, though, that their customer service was excellent including letting me know what the process of how to arrange a refund from Apple. Very classy.
Best email app I’ve ever used - Newton is the most beautiful and functional email app I’ve ever used. I’ve been using it for well over a year (back when it was CloudMagic), and am happy to pay the yearly subscription fee to keep using it. It’s stable, functional, and beautiful - all things I value in an app I use for hours a day.
Balanced, accessible, and powerful (for a hefty price). - This app strikes the right middle-ground between too many and too little functions - it is perfectly balanced. If I need to quickly change a setting on only one account, it gets done in a second and I’m back to work - all settings are easily accessible. Finally, its simple and consistent UI across ALL platforms allows me to hone in on just my work and nothing else - it is a powerful multi-platform. However, I understand the sentiments of all the 1 star reviews, Cloudmagic is no longer free - it can heavily affect someones workflow and life. But, there ARE many similar apps out there that provide some of Newton’s benefits, only in a half baked manner. The slew of 1-star-reviews is actually an odd reminder of how people still love and desire this application... if only you are willing to pay its audaciously high subscription fee.