News Anchor – The hands-free news reader
Developer: Sasmito Adibowo
Current Version: 2.5.1
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 34.5 MB - Download
Listen to only news that you need at every breakfast without making your keyboard dirty
Face it: television news are mostly junk. Why? Mainstream media mainly show stuff that are popular or sensational – not actionable. Only _you_ know what news you need and your GReader feeds provides just that.
Problem is, GReader needs you to click on every item that you want to read, making newsreading a tedious and risky task while having breakfast. Bits of food will get stuck on your keyboard, feeding the germs and bacteria to grow on it (and make you sick). Worse you increase risk liquid damage risk to your laptop that will cost hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars to fix.
News Anchor helps you keep up-to-date on news that matters. Say goodbye to cleaning off bread crumbs from your keyboard and hello to hands-free RSS listening.
• Fully-automatic news course delivered to your ears – fit for any meals.
• Easily import your GReader feeds.
• Instant on-demand podcasts – take your reading list on-the-go and listen to it using any MP3 player.
News Anchor is particularly suitable for:
• Internet researchers and online writers
• Market analysts and trendspotters
• Lawyers and other legal professionals
• Everyone who reads a lot of blogs and news sites
Features & Benefits of News Anchor
• Sources data from RSS or ATOM news feeds
• Generate news channels automatically based on the feeds of your choice.
• Selectable voice, presenter, and customizable backgrounds.
• Create custom podcasts based from your feed subscriptions.
• One-click, hands-free operation. News Anchor relieves you from needing to use the mouse or keyboard to get to the next article in your reading list.
• Supports password protected feeds (HTTP basic authentication). This enables News Anchor to access subscription-based (paid) news feeds.
• Imports your GReader subscriptions and automatically creates news channels from your categories.
• Take it anywhere – News Anchor can create podcasts of news feeds that you can play in any digital music player (any player that can play MP4/AAC format such as the iPod, iPhone, or iPad).
Why should you buy News Anchor?
• Script reading services costs about $80 for each hour of speech. Within 1/2 hour of news, you've already profited from your investment in News Anchor.
• MacBook liquid damage repair costs at least $500 -- more for the MacBook Air or 15" and 17" MacBook Pro. You should think about this the next time you use GReader while eating. With News Anchor you can enjoy RSS at a safe distance from your laptop.
Q: Why should I pick you over the competition?
A: What competition? News Anchor delivers a unique unrivaled experience in RSS reading. The only known competitors are Noodle Reader and Read It To Me – both needs a PowerPC Mac to run. Television news networks aren't competitors because they show what they want to show and not what you want to see.
- Compatibility fixes for OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion".
Most Helpful Reviews
Perfect - Great way to hear the news and browse at the same time
very bad - I don’t like it at all. I lost 40$ and it is not worth 1$.
More Reviews for Current Version
1 of The Best News Apps w/TextToSpeech - This app is wonderful. It has a cool AI type character that reads all of your rss news to you. You can add unlimited news feeds to it & it will read your news to you. It was expensive, but I don't regret the purchase because when I had over 4 surgeries on my eyes I could not read anything because everything was a total blur, but durig that time this app helped me keep up with the news especially my favorites Tech, Science & Health. Now that I can see clearly I still choose to use it because it is a very cool & well put together app & I just adore it. I will use it forever. I hope they create a version for my iPhone & my iPad, but it must be very affordable. My Only Cons is the PRICE, in order for more people to purchase this app you all have to drop the price because it is extremely overpriced. But once again I love the app.