Network Speed Monitor
Developer: Fangcheng Yin
Current Version: 2.1.1
Last Updated: 9 months ago
Download Size: 1.3 MB - Download
◆◆◆ ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME: 50% OFF◆◆◆
Network Speed Monitor is a simple and easy-to-use application to display your current network speed in menu bar, including the downloading and uploading data.
When your computer connects to the network, you can see your current network speed with Network Speed Monitor.
Network Speed Monitor is a handy application for you to monitor and record your income and outcome data and keep you alert about whatever is running in your computer.
01. Put the menu item in the leftmost place on the menu bar so that other menu items will not fluctuate.
02. Automatically show the speed between Mbps and Kbps.
03. Click and choose to change the refresh interval from 1 second to 10 seconds.
04. Opt to switch from Bits per second to Bytes per second.
05. Check your real network speed to know whether it reaches to the speed which the network operators promise.
06. Know whether there are some hidden applications are running to slow down your network than normal.
07. Keep a track of your internet bandwidth usage so that you will know whether your internet stream go beyond the limit.
08. Instead of having the up and downlink speeds side by side, you can select to put them one on top of the other.
09. Instead of just one color, you can have the download as green and upload red.
10. Add an up arrow and down arrow next to the numbers so you know which one is upstream and which downstream. You need select the menu item "show the up and down arrow" first.
11. Add a menu option to choose between mbit/s, kbit/s and auto.
12. Add a menu item to reset the "Data Received/Data Sent" Stats.
◆◆◆ Bug Fix & Feature Request ◆◆◆
If you have any problem, please email us at [email protected]
We will fix bugs and add features for you as soon as possible.
uses upper case KB and MB for bytes and uses lower case Kb and Mb for bits
Most Helpful Reviews
Best network speed monitor on the App Store - This app should be built into OSX! I’ve been using this app since a couple of years and have been looking to it once every single minute since. As you can read in other reviews yes there were some small problems with the app quiting after a while, but this 2.0.6 version brings an end to that. No more crashes. I’ve been using this version since about a month and it still works perfect. If you have a less stable internet connection, or if your work depends on your network connection don’t look any further. This is by far the best monitoring app on the market. Others complain the speed reading is wrong. This never was the case even with earlier versions. Perhaps these people were confused between KB/s and Kb/s. You can switch between bytes and bits in the app settings. I can confirm that the speed reading is perfectly accurate. Others complain it takes too much system resources. While - indeed - an app constantly monitoring real time network traffic speeds uses some resources. But I never had the feeling it slowed down my system, even back in the days I used it on a basic low spec 2010 MBP. Others praise the support and efforts of the author. That’s absolutely true. Big thanks to the author for being so nice to help me. Amazing support. Recommended +++
Great Concept but, not accurate - Consistenetly measures bandwideth at 323K when it is a known 5MB throughput speed. Great Concept and I will look at it after some updates, however, it is not accurate right now in it's current version. Hoping to see speeds that are true to actual in the next few releases since I have already paid for it. You guys are on to a neat tool here I would love to have on my MBP but it is not consistent yet.
More Reviews for Current Version
Crap. Doesn’t work as supposed - I purchased the app and after I installed it it showed the network speed. BUT the netwrk speed is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the real speed. NEVER. E.g. I have a speed of 66/21 mb/s and it shows 1.9kb/s /41.2 kb/s that is about 99% wrong. I sent 3 emails to them and they didn’t bother to answer. Save you money and the aggravation of an app that is not working.
Best network speed monitor on the App Store - This app should be built into OSX! This small little application has been running on my Mac since more than 5 years now. I’ve been looking to it every single minute since. Accurate speed. You can switch between bytes and bits in the app settings. Eats very low system resources. If your Mac is built after 2010 you’ll be fine. Amazing author support. In the exceptional occasion you do have issues the author will help you out. If your work depends on your internet (or LAN) connection do not look any further. This is by far the best monitoring app on the market. Mature app. I love it.
Was Great. Doesn’t work on Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.2) - Utility worked very well on previous versions of Mac OS; however, the application doesn’t work on the Mac OS update. It needs to be manually restarted every time Wifi is reconnected
Just What I Needed - I also use MenuMeters which is wonderful. MenuMeters does not give the choice of bits or bytes though. Network Speed Monitor does. My only suggestion would be to add a font choice. The default font doesn’t match the rest of the menu bar.