NetSpot: WiFi survey & wireless scanner
Developer: Etwok LLC
Current Version: 1.3.418
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 4 MB - Download
Featured in MacWorld's Mac SuperGuide +++ MacWorld Editors’ Choice in 2012 +++ Editor's Choice by PCMAG and more! Advanced reports available in NetSpot Reporter: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id678464954?mt=12
NetSpot goes far beyond usual WiFi scanning and analysis. NetSpot is the one and only full-featured WiFi site survey software and WiFi scanner on the Mac App Store. NetSpot is also an award-winning WiFi signal mapper and wireless manager.
Exceptional simplicity and affordability make NetSpot the all-in-one WiFi networks detector and analyzer. All you need to run your wireless site survey is your MacBook with native WiFi/AirPort adapter. No special knowledge or hardware required. NetSpot helps anyone conduct a professional WiFi survey of a house, office, cafe, airport, building, or any other area.
We packed the following features into NetSpot for you:
* NetSpot collects and visualizes 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi data
* support for 2.4GHz and 5GHz channel bands
* really simple and fast wireless data aggregation
* comprehensive sleek heatmap visualizations of your WLAN: signal level, signal-to-interference ratio, signal-to-noise ratio, etc
* predictive automatic location of access points
* lots of data collected on every network: AP name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), vendor, channel, signal levels, encryption and more
* export of detailed reports into PDF
You will find NetSpot incredibly useful for:
* improving your wireless network performance
* reducing time and costs of maintaining or deploying WiFi networks
* finding signal leakages
* resolving channel conflicts
* managing site expansion
* preventing excessive signal level outside of desired area
* WiFi monitoring and access control
* analysis of neighboring networks coverage
Our public forum: http://forum.netspotapp.com
* internal updates for OS X 10.10.4
* few crashes fixed
Most Helpful Reviews
Nifty - A great, intuitive user friendly piece of software. You can either draw a map/layout of your home or wherever you are and in seconds pinpoint where you are and bamm, you find out where the sweet spot for maximum wi-fi strength is located. Best of all, it´s FREE! :)
Dont use this app - Like others have said here almost all functionality has been stripped from this app without the companion app for 50 bucks. I sent an email to the programmers and was told this app will no longer be updated or maintained. They want you to buy there more expensive version for 50 and there full blown version for 149.
More Reviews for Current Version
Bait and switch - The app downloaded from the app store does not have the features described on the App Store. Those features cost an additional $149 in a separate purchase from the developer of a separate version. Beware.
Great tool - Great tool overall. All you need is your mac and this software to complete a WiFi survey. After a walking around it provides a heat map showing signal and the signal to noise ratio. It also shows any other networks in the area. So its easy to see what networks may be causing interference around you.
Wow - - Great app. Mapped my Wifi signals - What a great app. Going on to suggest to all my peps.
Great app! - This is a great app for me and everyone to use, this app is a features which any Mac device need it, it help WiFi to be better. After I had used this app, I thinked it’s good and I should share it with my friends, thank you.
Very good - This application is excellent for mapping the office space and see how the wifi is doing. It’s an essence tool for determining the health of my networks. I recomand it.