Developer: Aribada Inc.
Current Version: 1.0.6
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 3.3 MB - Download
NetAdmin is a fully automated powerful monitoring tool which continuously provides diverse information on the local network you are connected.
*** NetAdmin Pro (advanced version of NetAdmin) was released. You may check it first.
In your offices and homes, many devices would have been connected to the local network. Some may be strictly controlled, and some may not. And some may consist of general computers and printers, and some may consist of wi-fi networks where mobile devices are connected to.
NetAdmin lets you find all the devices connected to your local networks automatically without a separate monitoring collection server in any environment. This tool also collects information, and manages and monitors the connection history and information continuously.
Main features of NetAdmin are:
- Stand-alone data collection in your iMac or MacBook.
- Fully automated operations
- Easy UI that provides various information required for local network management
- Host status charts within various given period (90 min. to 1 year)
- Network and host status reporting (PDF, print), exporting via CSV
- Additional features such as MIB Browser (SNMP v1/v2, keyword searching, exporting via text/CSV)
- Configurable icon and name for each device
- Wake On LAN
- supports one main network interface subnet.
Main information provided by NetAdmin is:
- Up/Down status of each host (with chart)
- Ping response time (with chart)
- NetBIOS, Bonjour, MDNS, UPNP information
- Port scan and launch application with opened port
- NIC Vendor country/company (with OUI DB update feature)
- Public IP allocation history
- IP allocation history on each host
- Connected networks history for each host
- Wi-Fi information for connected network
- SNMP walk information on the network
- Host type analysis: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OSX, Mobile device, Network printer, VOIP phone
* for the performance reason, the number of hosts in one network is limited by 1022.
- bug fix
Most Helpful Reviews
Great quick detail view of devices but could use more depth - I work with a lot of different locations and networks. Two of the key items needed are NIC manufactors and MAC addresses. Host names are great as well but are only additional info. I’ve used NetAdmin on my MacBook Air as a replacent tool in the field to a Windows style app called NEWT. This app does not have the same capabilities in detail as NEWT for Windows (OS details, full hardware details, hardware vendor details, etc) but does get the job done it was designed for and keeps a list of divices cached for me to reference to. I would def. recommend it to others but would also recommend you check the functionallity of NetAdmin Pro as well. Pro came later and it is sort of unsettling to pay $37 for this app and have to pay $50 for Pro if I want to upgrade to more features.
Great idea with poor implimentation - This app was obviously not created by someone who does IT work. Its interface and information it provides look great, and it has a lot of promise however. If you install this on a mac that has more than one ethernet, as well as Wifi networks, it will only attach itself to whatever your default network connection is. So for example, if you install this on a mac server, it will attach itself to the outside interface (DMZ), and you can't search or use it for the LAN ethernet.. For me, this made this product completely worthless. The description is incorrect! It does NOT allow you to monitor the local network you are connected to, more accurately it allows you to monitor whatever network is considered the default or higher priority network. (which you can click and drag, reorder in the mac sys pref network area - but that can mess up your routing if its on a server) This app is still in alpha/beta mode.. Help is not completed, it appears that it should be able to provide monitoring of more than one interface, but doesn't. I think it was rushed to get some sales… I am VERY dissapointed in this app; if your an IT person you will be dissapointed as well