Developer: Planamesa Inc.
Current Version: 2017.5
Last Updated: 16 days ago
Download Size: 254.2 MB - Download
NeoOffice is an office suite for Mac that is based on OpenOffice and LibreOffice. With NeoOffice, you can view, edit, and save OpenOffice documents, LibreOffice documents, and simple Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
Two engineers created NeoOffice in 2003 when they made OpenOffice run natively on OS X for the first time. Since then, the NeoOffice engineers have continually added improvements to NeoOffice that you will not find in OpenOffice or LibreOffice such as:
• NeoOffice > Open at Launch menu to open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch
• File > Browse All Versions menu to restore previous versions of your documents
• Native file locking to safely edit files in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or network drives
• Native Mac grammar checking
• Native Mac text highlighting
• Support for Mac Services
• Native floating tool windows
Before you buy NeoOffice, please click on the "NeoOffice Support" link and read the installation notes.
This version of NeoOffice fixes the following bugs:
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when copying bookmarks in a Writer document
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when a popup menu closed
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when opening a document that contains remote images
• NeoOffice would crash due to LibreOffice bug #113591
• NeoOffice would crash due to LibreOffice bug #92963
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when copying cells that contain comments in a Calc document
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when scrolling using a mouse wheel
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when selecting the File > Open menu item in a Writer document
Most Helpful Reviews
NeoOffice is Great. Highly Recommend - We have used NeoOffice now for four years in our office and have been very pleased. It replaced Office for the Mac and our entire office has been very happy with it. It does most everything MS Office Mac does, but much better, it is more reliable, and it can easily read and write word and excel files perfectly when needed. We have tried OpenOffice and LibreOffice, but they are inferior compared to NeoOffice and are less stable and have more bugs. It was written solely for Mac and has outstanding support. If there is ever a problem or bug (very rare), the developer fixes it right away- try getting someone at MS to do that for you. We put it to heavy use every day, writing very long 100+ page reports with heavy use of embedded spreadsheets, etc., plus do financial spreadsheets that are complicated. It does it all and it does it extremely well. If I sound like a fanboy I am. I was very skeptical 4 years ago in considering making the jump, but it was absolutely the right move. I know others will be pleased. If you're an OpenOffice or LibreOffice fan give it a try. You can always go back if you're unhappy because they are interoperable. There is nothing lost and everything to gain.
Abysmal product - waste of money - I purchased this product in lieu of OpenOffice for one thing - to print labels. It does not print labels well. It does not even print them poorly. Trying to print labels corrupted (evidently) the preferences. It is impossible to locate the preferences to trash them and start a new set of preferences. The above could be user error and of course I am venting. But this is not user related. BASICALLY IF YOU BUY NEO HERE IN THE APPS STORE, YOU ARE HOSED. Because you did not purchase it directly from them, you cannot download the software so you can try trashing your old version - but WORSE THAT THAT - you cannot log onto the NeoOffice forum to even ask a question because they do not recognize your App store purchase. BUT they have Download on the Mac App Store all over their site. They basically do not do any support. Now 10 USD is not a lot of money, my time is more important. But if you are looking for a good product from a good company or set of programmers - stay away from these guys.