My First Reading and Spelling Words
Developer: Eureka Multimedia Pty Ltd
Current Version: 1.1.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 221.9 MB - Download
My First Reading and Spelling Words is a creative approach to developing essential skills in both reading and spelling.
Children aged 5 - 8 years are able to learn and revise over 200 early and essential sight words (dolch words) that make up almost half of the spoken English language, using the interactive learning modules at their own pace.
Some of the activities include:
• Fun Facts - Fun Facts is the learning centre where each sight word is treated in context to enhance understanding.
• Story Starters - Listen to, read independently, or browse through any of the Story Starters in Fun Facts.
• Word Find Game - Search in the maze of scrambled letters to find the hidden sight words.
• Concentration Game - Revise and recall essential sight words in a fun and enjoyable way.
• Certificates - Earn printable certificates and awards throughout the program.
• Activity Book - Printable 31-page activity book (blackline masters) for lots of fun.
Natural development of ESSENTIAL SKILLS and awareness in:
* Reading & spelling
* Self-learning & concentration
* Contextual understanding
* Visual and auditory skills
* Word recognition
Resolved minor issues in the Word Find Game and Fun Facts.
Most Helpful Reviews
Not worth the money….. - This app does very little, and is NOT worth even 99 cents. The interface looks like that of an old OS9 application. The sound is not clear. Activities are limited. You would be better off buying a similar app for your iPad or iPod.