Developer: Many Tricks
Current Version: 3.2.6
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 3.9 MB - Download
Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows—on one display, or to another display—using either the mouse or the keyboard. Moom lets you...
• Hover over the green button and choose from five preset size/location options in a pop-up palette
• Use a grid to 'draw' a window's desired size and location
• Define custom controls to move and zoom, move to other display, center, resize, and more
• Chain custom controls together to execute complex window management tasks
• Save window layouts to easily recreate a desired window arrangement at any time
• Automatically activate saved window layouts on changes in monitor layout, as in when you disconnect from your work display and then open your laptop at home
• Use keyboard mode to do all of this, and more, without ever touching a mouse
Once you've tried Mooming your windows, you'll never go back to simply moving and zooming them again.
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would misbehave while a display was zoomed.
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would interfere with customizing a standard window toolbar.
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would occasionally reduce other apps' responsiveness while interacting with those apps' menus.
Most Helpful Reviews
Why is Apple giving Developers Such a hard time? - Moom is THE BEST! I have tried a bunch of window placement applications, and Moom simply just works. Having said that, buying from the MAS is becoming more and more difficult, as developers are literally “boxed” in by “Sandboxing” rules, disallowing them to add features that one would get if one purchased direct. I see the MAS going by the wayside if this continues. It’s unfortunate really. I recommend this app whole heartedly, but if you want to receive future updates for your applications, start buying direct or you will not. This goes not just for Moom but for all apps, because after doing some research, I have found that most of my apps are in fact, outdated compared to the version if I had bought direct. Back to Moom, well, it has a bit of a learning curve, but the developer has great video tutorial support on the website, so once you set it up just the way you like it, it works like a dream. The developer is responsive and very good, and has other apps that are well built. I give this a ten star rating. Get it, you will not be dissapointed!
Adobe Products? - Still doesn't work with Adobe products. Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom…etc. are all applications I use daily, which means Moom only works about 20% of the time. Please get this to work, moom is great when it works correctly.
More Reviews for Current Version
So good that this should be standard UI - I don’t think I could give higher praise than to say that this should not be an add-on application. This is how your macOS should be “out of the box”. It’s how the Green button should work, and it’s really a sorry thing when I encounter a machine that doesn’t have Moom on it. Apple, please buy Moom and integrate it. It’s how it should be. Update: still 5⭐️, still needs to be in the OS, Apple.
Reliable, minimal - I've used this utility reliably for years. It's never failed. It's never caused a problem. It's never broken due to an update. It's never looked out of place or distracted me.
My must have app for all my Macs - I love this app, anybody I know must install this app on there Mac’s. I find that when I am helping them and they don’t have the app installed it drives me crazy. I have actually purchased this for many of my family and friends. It just makes things so easy and it so customizable this should be standard. I like it way better than Magnet simply because of the customization of the cell sizes, the drawers, moving to another display, and arrange windows. Thank You!
Favorite utility - I’ve been using this utility since switching from Windows to Mac. Love the abilty to customize windows. Hold your mouse over the green maximize window control button to add many window features. Make sure you go through the preferences as there are other features added to this tool that help with workflow.
Moom is the best … don’t fall for look-alikes - There are several other apps that pretend they do the same thing as Moom. Ignore them. Moom is the best.