Developer: Farminers Limited
Current Version: 3.3.0
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 8.5 MB - Download
Capture screenshots, share files, record video and .gifs!
• Capture full screen, just part of the screen, or a selected window
• Make your crop area pixel perfect with our 8x magnifier
• Customize hotkeys
• Make timed screenshot
• Record screencasts
• Highlight details while recording a video
Annotate and Edit:
• Highlight important details with pen, text, arrows and shapes
• Hide private information with blur tool
• Open snapshots in your favorite external editor
Save and share:
• Login to get free cloud storage space
• Connect Monosnap to Evernote, Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex.Disk and Box.com
• Add your personal ftp, sftp, webdav or S3 server
• Upload files and images by dropping them to the menubar icon
• Drag & Drop right from the editor
• Use your own ftp,sftp or webdav server
• Share your snapshots in one click
• Upload your videos on youtube or monosnap
Join our community:
– Images are saved with additional, if has same name
– Added hotkeys for video recording mode
– Added automatic selection of the image format (JPEG / PNG)
– Fixed a video recording mode with the template name% R% R
– Dimming the traffic light at an inactive window
– Fixed a traffic light button
– Fixed save notification (file type)
– Added font settings
– Added hotkey re-capture screen area
– Added hotkey "Rob Korowai"
– Fixed infinite blinking application icon while URL shortening if there’s a trouble with the network
Most Helpful Reviews
Absolutely Awesome!!! - I honestly don’t know how they can give this app away! If you use Droplr, CloudApp, or anything similar…Monosnap has tons more features, is easier to use, has user-configurable folders in it’s cloud storage (some others do not), easy-to-scroll-through images from which to choose the one you’re looking for and either grab a shortlink, share it…anything. It also has one of the most featureful screenshot editors I have ever seen, and it’s so simple to one-click the image up to the Monosnap storage cloud and put the shortlink on your clipboard at the same time. Do yourself a favor…just at least try Monosnap as a Droplr alternative. I promise you will not look back!
Remove the selfie button. - This is a serious app - not Instagram. Remove the selfie button, i cringe every time I see it. Same deal with the ‘pls review me’ one.
More Reviews for Current Version
Really good - After being annoyed by Skitch one time too many I went out looking for an alternative. There are some decent ones out there - Annotate (formerly GLUI) is all right (ugly arrows though) and Beem (feels a little too early-days for them right now) and Napkin (looks nice but didn’t try it - $40 = yikes and so it’s probably overkill for what I need)... and then I found Monosnap, and am very happy. Well-made and I quickly paid the $5 add-on fee to get me the ability to Sync to Dropbox (and several other services.) I haven’t tried any of the video-capture stuff but for my basic screenshot needs it’s been working fine. Only thing I miss from Skitch is their ‘Timed Crosshair Snapshot’ feature - Sometimes I need to grab a section of the screen that only appears when (for example) I’m holding down the mousebutton. So hopefully the MonoSnap guys can add this soon!
Doesn't open...? - The reviews look great but for some reason the app won't open. I've restarted, killed all programs, it just won't open. Weird.
Screenshots are "One or the Other" - As a UX designer, I am constantly annotating screenshots, and one of the best features about Monosnap is the ability to open an external editor of my choice. The biggest downfall, however, is the limitations of only being able to choose one action following your screenshot. You can upload it to your folder (I paid for the Dropbox add-on), OR open it in an external editor. Yes there are other options like Saving, or opening it in the Monosnap editor, too - but the point being, is that it only supports doing one action. Ultimately, I’d like to Upload the original screenshot into my designated Dropbox folder, AND open the image in an External Image Editor. One of the hotkeys that I thought would allow me to do this, is “Capture area & Upload”, but that is really the same thing as selecting Upload from the After Screenshot selector in the General Settings.
Huge part of my workflow - As a frontend software developer I’m taking screenshots and gifs of weird UI issues all day long, and having a way to invoke a shortcut, click, drag, and instantly paste a URL is incredibly valuable to my workflow. Monosnap makes this so much easier than other programs I’ve used for the same thing (Dropbox, Cloudapp, etc) and it’s unobtrusive and works well with my S3 bucket. Favorite toolbar app on my Mac.
Works great! - I bought this awhile ago and then put it away not using it. I found myself recently taking a lot of OS screenshots and then annotating them in Preview - which worked, but was slow and cumbersome. And then I remembered Monosnap and found it did exactly what I needed it to do. Instead of describing in great detail to my clients what they should click and type and push, I take a quick snapshot or video capture and then send it to them, or send them a link. I went ahead and added the Dropbox link, and it integrated perfectly.