The AS/400 - also called the "IBM iSeries," is a midrange server from IBM, designed for the business world. TN5250 is a terminal emulator which provides access to an AS/400.
Compared to the Lite version the full version has:
- F1 - F24 keys
- Page up/down
- Supports all standard 5250 emulation features
- Alternate screen size (24x80 or 27x132)
- SSL/TLS (Secure Socket Layer)
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser
- Auto login
- Support for 10 different EBCDIC code pages
- Colors can be customized
- Device name support
- A click on an URL would give a crash.
- Copy/Paste in the configuration dialog did not work.
- Logfile moved to a new location.
- If 2xclick = ENTER is not selected, 2xclick will select a word at the cursor.
Most Helpful Reviews
This is a usless app - waste of time - I was expeciting more from the lite version. Although the function keys are listed, they are not able to be used. This alone makes the app useless. I am going to research other Mac compatable 5250 apps for a more viable solution. I will not purchase the outrageous $29 full version because I feel deceived by the lite version. Do not waste your time downloading this version.
More Reviews for Current Version
What were you thinking?!!? - I understand that the Lite version may be missing featuers of the full version, but this is crippled! Anyone who has ever touched an AS/400 knows that the function keys are a requirement to use the system These bozos disabled most of the F keys—epeiclaly F12 which is used ALL THE TIME! This is like not having a mouse in OS X.