Mixing and Mastering Toolbox
Developer: ASK Video
Current Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: 9 months ago
Download Size: 397.9 MB - Download
Studio One is a mixing and mastering machine and Gary Hiebner is here to show you all the tools that this Presonus DAW has buried deep in its vast audio toolbox...
Mixing and mastering is the secret sauce of any audio production. In this collection of tutorials you learn all about mixing and mastering "in-the-box" with Studio One. With its robust mixer and plethora of innovative plugins, Studio One can handle any genre of music you can throw at it!
This course takes you through the final stages of the production process where you learn all about the mix console, setting levels, pro audio processing, automation and side chaining as well as bus compression and very cool bus folders.
Once the track is mixed, Gary sets up a mastering project. This is where all of the songs in your album come together and are fused into a coherent collection. Here you are taken step-by-step through all of Studio One’s mastering plugins. You learn about loudness. You also dive into frequencies and see how to use the very cool Spectral Meter. Gary also explains the all-important mastering plugin chain and how multi-band compressors and limiters are deployed to get that platinum audio sound! This course comes to a conclusion with a section on dithering, burning and sharing your beautifully mixed and mastered tunes!
Table of contents:
1. Preparing a Song for Mixing
2. Setting Up Markers
3. The Mix Console
4. EQing Tracks
5. Dynamics with Compression
6. Reverb for Depth
7. Delay and Modulation FX
8. Sidechain Compression
9. Getting Deeper with Automation
10. Bus and Folder Automation
11. Bus Compression on Bus Folders
12. Exporting the Mixdown
13. Setting Up a Mastering Project
14. Editing Songs in the Project
15. Adjusting Volumes of Tracks
16. Adding Inserts for the Pre, Master and Post
17. Mastering Chain Order
18. Using 'Detect Loudness'
19. The Spectral and Output Meters
20. Using Multiband Compression
21. Limiting Your Tracks
22. Disable Tracks
24. Burning a CD
25. Images and DDP Explained
26. Digital Releases
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.