MindNode 2 – Delightful Mind Mapping
Developer: IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
Current Version: 2.4.6
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 10.9 MB - Download
MindNode makes mind mapping delightful. Mind maps are a visual representation of your ideas, starting with a central thought and growing from there. MindNode allows you to brainstorm, organize & share your thoughts in an intuitive way, so you can focus on the idea behind it. The clean interface lets you concentrate on generating and connecting thoughts, and an infinitely expanding canvas means that no matter how big or complicated your project gets, MindNode can keep up.
MindNode has helped students, artists and project managers to be more creative with less effort.
Brainstorming — Just Start With Your Ideas
• Create new ideas with a single click
• Create multiple mind maps on a self-expanding canvas
• Create connections between otherwise unrelated topics
• Fullscreen mode lets you brainstorm without distractions
• Add photos and stickers to illustrate your ideas
Organizing – Think Content, not Layout
• Simply rearrange your thoughts and hide entire branches to stay on top of your idea
• Automatically keep complicated mind maps organized using Smart Layout
• Highlight important nodes using different colors, fonts, and strokes
• Add notes to topics and labels to connections for additional details
• Easily browse large and complicated maps using a built-in outline
• Get things done by turning nodes into tasks, with parent nodes showing your progress
Sharing — Spread Your Thoughts Easily
• Access all your mind maps from your iPhone, iPad or Mac using iCloud Drive
• Share interactive documents publicly via the web through our MyMindNode service
• Export your tasks to Apple’s Reminders, Things, and OmnifFocus
• Import your mind map from MindManager, FreeMind, OPML, Markdown, TaskPaper, CSV, or text outline
• Export your mind map as a PDF, FreeMind, OPML, PNG, Markdown, TaskPaper, Microsoft Word, CSV, or text outline
MindNode for iOS
Create mind maps with the tap of your finger on your iPad and iPhone. Browse them on your Apple Watch and automatically share them between all your devices using iCloud Drive. MindNode for iOS is available on the App Store.
MindNode for AppleWatch
View your mind maps and tasks directly on your wrist using MindNode for Apple Watch. Free with MindNode for iOS.
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! IdeasOnCanvas offers free support. You can reach us by email at email@example.com, or on twitter at @mindnode. You can also read our User Guides or browse our FAQs on http://mindnode.com/support.
• Fixes a glitch in the title bar when restoring a document on launch
• Fixes a glitch in the title bar when using the "Edit Image" functionality
• Fixes a bug where the context menu for nodes wasn't shown
• Fixes a crash when dragging a file onto the link panel
• Retain the sort order when sorting nodes by task
• Retain all tags when importing a TaskPaper document
• Correctly import all characters after a tag in a TaskPaper document
• Ensure the correct stroke width is set after applying a theme
• Don’t add a border when pasting a subnode onto an other subnode in the same document
If you like this update, please consider reviewing us on the App Store. This helps us a lot. Thank you!
Most Helpful Reviews
Useful & Worth the Update - As a former MindNode Pro user this upgrad meant buying the app a second time. For some, this might seem unfair. For me, the value is here! If I want quaility software tools I must support a sustainable path for developers to continue to improve an app important to my workflow. The developer provided many upgrades to the previous product, and this new version is a great improvement over an already great product. The new printing options are very helpful along with the other promoted improvements. I highly recommend the upgrade for “pro” users and for newcomers, this is a very useful mindmapping app. I use it to develop ideas, then export to opml for import into Scrivener for further development, PDF or now the web for sharing ideas with others. Additionally, your work “round trips” through your iOS apps with iCloud. I have had great success with this and again, it is an important part of my workflow. I’ve used many other mindmapping applications, some of these applications have more functionality, but I always returned to Mindnode because it is easy to use, and I don’t have to wrestle with the software to get the outcomes I want. It is very intuitive and therefore my focus is upon my work, not the software. To the developers, nice work and look forward to your continual development.
Robber Barons software - Greatly, disappointed buy IdeasOnCanvas... I greatly loved this software. But to force me into paying for a secondary update, is absolutely unacceptable. IdeasOnCampus should put their customers, Paying customers, first! No exceptions. We are your support base, to betray us in such an egregious and selfish manner, Is absolutely disgraceful. I have no respect for such devious actions by IdeasOnCanvas. I only hope and pray that they redact there actions on behalf of those who have supported them from the very beginning. I Do not recommend this software to anyone, because of this egregious violation of justice.
More Reviews for Current Version
Fantastic for creating arbitrary trees - I've found MindNode to be an absolute delight to use. I use the Mac version on an almost daily basis for keeping track of my complex hierarchy of tasks. Everything works exactly how you'd expect a good Mac app to work. The automatic layout / spacing is incredibly helpful. I don't know if there exists better software for creating arbitrary trees. It's simple, beautiful, and delightful.
Disappointed - Why in the world you dont’ have a way to bring in items from Finder or iCloud is beyond me, how can I get my money back?
Limited customizability - There is very limited customizability in this program. In general it is a good application and it does allow you to map out your ideas in a neat way, but there is little room for playing around with its visual components. Adding longer notes to a node and editing those notes are painfully time-consuming. If a new version with better customization abilities come out, I will happily give it 5 stars.
Excellent Tool! - I find MindNode to be great mind mapping tool. It not only has just the features I need, they have resisted adding useless features to fill in marketing checklists. It has a clarity of purpose that helps me focus on mind mapping (and nothing else).
converted me to mind mapping - Glad to see TaskPaper import was fixed shortly after I reported it. Very professional and responsive. This app uses the Touch Bar more effectively than any other I’ve seen. And in a few hours of mind mapping, I solved some organizational problems in a book I’ve been working on for more than a year.