Developer: Amedeo Farello
Current Version: 2.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 8.5 MB - Download
MidiPatterns is a multitrack, pattern-oriented, MIDI step sequencer. You can use it as a simple drum machine, or to handle complex multi-timbral, polyphonic scores, controlling multiple hardware and software synthesizers at once. Please note that MidiPatterns does not generate sounds by itself.
• virtually unlimited number of polyphonic midi tracks per document
• output to multiple MIDI devices, directly connected or linked through a network
• virtually unlimited number of patterns per document, each with a size variable between 1 and 256 steps and specific time signature settings
• each step in a track can send volume plus 8 midi controller messages
• randomizing capabilities to improve expressiveness: notes properties (velocity, duration, probability, swing) and step controller messages can be set to change subtly and randomly during playback
• patterns can be assembled in variable length sequences
• imports and exports MIDI files
• MIDI clock synchronization, both as master and as slave
• articulated mute and solo configuration
• the interaction with the score grid has been completely revised and now allows to directly define the duration of the events without resorting to the modulations editor.
• the “overlay” mode and the corresponding switch on the control bar have been removed, since now you can access the contextual menus of notes and events with just a “long press”; the overlay in the modulations editor is now always active to give access to the contextual menus of each slider.
• the “general” page of the preferences panel has been renamed “score & events”, has a new icon and includes a new panel devoted to the events in which you can assign their initial attributes.
• the “initialization” page of the preferences panel has been renamed “tracks & patterns” and adds the ability to choose whether to include a percussive or/and a chromatic track when creating a new document, or even none.
Most Helpful Reviews
Nice! - I've been looking for a simple inexpensive step sequencer, and this is it. It's no Numerology, but then again I could actually afford this, and it has all the basic features I need. Really nice, very user-friendly (though some UI qurks here and there), and within 5 minutes I had some good loops playing through my modular. Fun.
No Audio - The abilities of this app seem amazing, but I am unable to receive any sound when using this product. The sound on my computer works, but the audio from the application doesn't. Bummer.
More Reviews for Current Version
Worthless - All exported midi clips are empty. I have tried to publish a review of this app since purchasing, but Apple has not published any of those I have witten.
Can’t get it to sync with external clock - Can’t get it to sync to external clock, it forgets settings half the time when I save them it doesn’t save. Seems very buggy. Needs some work - conceptually it is exactly what I want but it isn’t fully functional, please put some more work into this, it has a lot of potential.